World X-Men Evolution

Fresh Prince

Superhero
Reaction score
x-men-evolution.jpg

Remember this show? It was a good and underrated show? So i thought i have a threrad in here about this show cause it was my favorite X-Men show.

Too... angsty for me, I guess. And I grew up watching TAS. It spoiled me in terms of what to expect from an X-men show.

i missed this show while it was on tv the first go round, but i'm catching up on episodes. I'm in season 2 now.

It doesn't have the luster TAS had for me, but I can like parts of it. It's an interesting take on some of the mythos.

However, my biggest peeves are:
Toad- he talks so foolish with his slang every time he talks, it's not necessary

Kitty- they make her sound like an airhead, but maybe i'm just not a fan of the voice actress. I just always pictured Kitty as a highly intelligent tech geek as a teen, not talking like she does lol

Lol Toad sputhern gangsta yo! Like Lil Wayne. Lil Wayne proably voiced him lol.

i miss this show! i loved it. they should really put out Season box sets for Seasons 1, 2, and 4.

i have 3, the only one they put out. and its great!

It didn't get good until the end of season 2 and Season 3. Before that? Dawson's Creek with mutants. Hated it at first, but, it grew on me.

It didn't get good until the end of season 2 and Season 3. Before that? Dawson's Creek with mutants. Hated it at first, but, it grew on me.

Lol really how it was like Dawson's Creek with Mutants?

He do to me. I do not know way he talks sound southern. Anyways I liked his character so what he was a little gangsta talking.

i don't mind a little gangsta talking, i get that that's how they wanted to portray the character, but it was over the top

just like the over the top way that kitty spoke some times. Want a good drinking game, watch an episode of EVO and take a shot everytime kitty says "like"

I loved what they did to Apocalypse, which is funny because I usually hate him. Season four was definitely the coolest of all the seasons. What was awesome about the show was that it had a lot of the X-men interacting with each other and being a family, which is how it should be.

i've heard good things about season 4. i've not gotten that far yet, but i hope to soon :up:

Cyclops was more of a leader in EVO then X-Men movies. And they were shown as a family like how they was intended to be. It was both a light hearted and dark hearted show. Perfect mixture. Fun cool tv show. They showing reruns on Disney XD.

i don't mind a little gangsta talking, i get that that's how they wanted to portray the character, but it was over the top

just like the over the top way that kitty spoke some times. Want a good drinking game, watch an episode of EVO and take a shot everytime kitty says "like"

Toad was over the top but funny. And Kitty was just demonstrated as a true white girl. Not to be racists or anything.

By the way you like Pedro character?

I've only seen a handful of episodes from seasons 1 & 2. And haven't had much time to check it out on you-tube. But from what I've seen, I prefer this version of Cyclops to the version that appears on "Wolverine & The X-Men".

^ Definitely. We see him actually become a leader, and he has some really good character moments. He's a nice combination between the "rules are cool" aspect of Scott, and a typical teenager, without being a jerk. And he isn't in anyway dependent on Jean.

I don't even care about the Wolverine and the X-men version. He's one of my favourite comic characters, but I could care less about him in that show. He's a whiny loser. :(

Character designs are better in this show then Wolverine & X-Men.

Its very true. The characters' bodies look weirdly disproportionate. Of all the X-cartoons, I think that WATXM is my least favourite.

Like why Wolverine legs look like a pole yet his upper body is big? Also why can't they ever have an actualy short Wolverine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"