Days of Future Past X-Men: First Class Easter Egg & Reference Thread... (*SPOILERS*)

I liked that that scene was literally foreshadowing [blackout]Shaw's death[/blackout].

To paraphrase another great superhero movie: "That wasn't foreshadowing. That was practice."

Btw, anyone notice that Michael Ironside from Starship Troopers had a cameo as the head of the US fleet at the end battle? Suprised no one's mentioned it!:woot:

Yeah I wonder what Lois Lane's dad is doing in a Marvel movie? :cwink:

If 'outside' of X-Men references:

"You didn't ask, so I didn't tell."

That and the whole "Mutant and proud", similar to gay pride, at least I thought so. I like both of those lines since one of the main themes in the X-men is acceptance.

Ironside was a cool surprise.

But Wolverine's cameo was absolutely golden. Classic Wolverine in such a short line. Still can't believe they got away with what he said.

It's funny you mention that with who you have in your Avy. Don't forget that Keaton improved "nice ****ing model" in Beetlejuice and that was PG-13.:woot:

Ironside has been mentioned a few times.

I didn't expect to see James Remar, Rade, and Ray Wise..

I think Wolverine, Rebecca Romijn, and Ironside got the biggest reactions from my audience.

Ironside has been mentioned a few times.

I didn't expect to see James Remar, Rade, and Ray Wise..

I've been three times to the movie knowing about the Ray Wise cameo on Cerebro, and I still haven't been able to see him, where exactly is he?

Agent... Stryker. . .

Oh, I don't think I heard the name.

Where was Stryker's dad?

X-Men-First-Class-Official-Clip-Hows-that-for-a-magic-trick.jpg

It's him, Xavier tells him that it's nice that he was thinking about his son William during his lecture.

I've been three times to the movie knowing about the Ray Wise cameo on Cerebro, and I still haven't been able to see him, where exactly is he?
No, Ray Wise was the Secretary of State. They even had a close up on him. He was in at least two scenes.

It's him, Xavier tells him that it's nice that he was thinking about his son William during his lecture.

I heard "Strucker" for some reason, so I was thinking this might be a reference to HYDRA or something. But Stryker makes sense.

Ray Wise isn't really a cameo, is he? I mean, we all knew months back that he had been cast as the Secretary of State.

What i wanna know is, in this day and age with the internet and inside rumors and all that...how the hell were they able to keep Wolvie's cameo a secret? I mean NOBODY knew he had a scene in this movie. I hadn't been that genuinely surprised in a long time in a movie.

Looking back over the massive leaps people are taking to find hidden characters...

That the girl at the aquarium that Banshee hits on was possibly Namorita. She seemed to love fish. This logic is as strong as any other.

That being said, with these box office numbers, my guess is the only sequel we will be seeing is Wolverine 2.

You are SO right. I mean, Batman Begins only made 48 million it's opening weekend and we never got a sequel to that film. Such a shame.

X-Men-First-Class-Official-Clip-Hows-that-for-a-magic-trick.jpg

kinda ironic that Mystique transforms in to him in the meeting, then

given her scenes in x2, where she turns into William Stryker lol

The woman he tried to pick up in a bar. That was a mutant too ? She has different eye colors. Could she be Jason's mom ? Future Agent Stryker's wife ?

I'm sorry but :doh:.

Seriously.

I dug the idea that Mystique is a slow in aging, goes along with the comics where she has been alive for ages like Wolverine, but keeps it realistic how young she looks in the original trilogy.

Oh and i know the Lockheed is a government thing, i just meant, it was cool to hear that name in an X-men film. :side:

Oh and i think we are all forgetting the biggest easter egg of the film, the last scene.

Classic Magneto costume in all its badassness.

One of the ones I don't think I saw listed here was when Erik and Xavier were playing chess during FC reminded me of the final scene of X1

Well then count it as a reference then, if it makes it a better description for you.

The movie didn't seem to have many, but then most characters probably weren't born yet, or still in school.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"