Days of Future Past X-Men: First Class filming thread: News, reports, images etc.

Electrix

Avenger
Reaction score
Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation and Marvel Studios are gearing up for a September 2010 start date for the next installment in the X-Men franchise. Actor James McAvoy has landed the lead role of a young Charles Xavier, aka Professor X in the film.

McAvoy's career is in full swing with two films in post production and scoring the starring role in this project. McAvoy was nominated for Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture Golden Globe in 2008 for Atonement. McAvoy is repped by Theresa Peters of United Talent Agency.

The film is being co-produced by Brian Singer - who's company, Bad Hat Harry Productions, is one of the production companies involved in this film. Singer has produced and directed such films as the first X-Men, Superman Returns, Valkyrie among many others. He has also been nominated for 4 Primetime Emmys as executive producer of the hit FOX series House.

Lauren Shuler Donner's production company The Donners' Company, is also co-producing. The Donners' Company has produced the films Constantine, 16 Blocks, The Secret Life of Bees , and all of the first three X-Men films.

Shooting will commence in September, 2010 in London, UK. Auditions are taking place in Los Angeles, and there will also be some casting done in London. Details on how actors can submit for this film are posted on the following website:

X-Men: First Class Auditions and Casting Information

The film has a scheduled release date of June 3, 2011.
http://www.examiner.com/x-42949-LA-Acting-Auditions-Examiner~y2010m5d30-XMen-First-Class-ready-for-a-late-summer-2010-start-and-casting-is-in-full-swing

I wish I could find some casting sides.

September eh?

Hmmmm. Not too bad I guess.

UPDATE

Did some digging and found the following on possible filming locations they're looking at (minor spoilers ahead).Now we've got an idea of when/where some of the action will be taking place.:ninja:

From Yahoo News UK and Rio Grande Valley Film Commission:
Tuesday, May 25 11:00 am

Although she lives in England, Claudia recently revealed she wants to spend some time in her native Germany with her family when Matthew is working on the new 'X-Men' movie.

The catwalk beauty - who married Matthew in 2002 - said: "I would like to move to Berlin with Matthew and the kids for a few months. If we're lucky he'll be shooting some of 'X-Men' in Berlin. I would love that. Berlin is like being abroad in Germany. It's German, but not provincial. Everyone loves it. My friends often tell me how very German I still am."

Title: Funded Movie
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Author: Tony Hood
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Subject: X MEN: FIRST CLASS
Body:
Contact Information

Name: Tony Hood
Title: Location Manager/Scout
Company: Fox
Email: _________________
Mobile phone: _________________
Preferred Method of Contact: Email
Project Information
Project Name: XMEN: FIRST CLASS
Project Status: Funded
Type of Project: Feature
Anticipated Budget: Over 100 million
Start Date: August 2, 2010

Location Repuest Information

Main Location Needs to Bring Film to Area

All locations are 1960's in date and look/feel:

Bariloche (Argentina): Cafe's & Bars (interiors and exteriors)
Known as little Switzerland

Miami: Harbour for yacht, Art Deco Cafe/Restaurant overlooking the water/harbour

Please note that this has to be a 60's look and feel.
SOURCE Links:http://uk.news.yahoo.com/35/20100525/ten-claudia-schiffer-names-baby-764dee7.html
http://rgvfilmcommission.com/casting/index.php?action=casting&castid=12

Ah Retroman, i'm getting all nostalgic from when you posted hidden X3 news :D

An August start date is even better than September. It'll be interesting to see the X-Men in the 60's.

UPDATE

Did some digging and found the following on possible filming locations they're looking at (minor spoilers ahead).Now we've got an idea of when/where some of the action will be taking place.:ninja:

From Yahoo News UK and Rio Grande Valley Film Commission:

SOURCE Links:http://uk.news.yahoo.com/35/20100525/ten-claudia-schiffer-names-baby-764dee7.html
http://rgvfilmcommission.com/casting/index.php?action=casting&castid=12

Wonder why they're going for Argentina ? Could be an scene involving young magneto going after Nazi's :huh:

1960's??? Good... the First Class better not be anywhere near this until the back half of the movie. I'd prefer a more Magneto type movie than high school X-Men anyway.

Awesome. :up:

Nice to see the budget is reasonable, as well.

Vaughn is just bringing all his regulars on-board. Creative freedom ftw!

Xavier and Magneto will probally meet In Argentra In ar.It's possable
Miami scene could be after Xavier returns to the US with Magneto.Although
If SInster for example was the villian they could do him In the time.But many
will speculate what Is going on In the Miami scenes.

This site, which is pretty reliable, says shooting starts in September in London. London makes sense since that's where Vaughn lives and his wife Claudia Shiffer just had a baby.

http://www.myentertainmentworld.com/mew/film_production_newlisting.html

X-MEN: FIRST CLASS - September, 2010 - London, UK; Details Are only Available By Subscription.. STORY: Before Charles Xavier and Erik Lensherr took the names Professor X and Magneto, they were two young men discovering their powers for the first time. Before they were archenemies, they were closest of friends, working together, with other Mutants (some familiar, some new), to stop the greatest threat the world has ever known. In the process, a rift between them opened, which began the eternal war between Magneto's Brotherhood and Professor X's X-MEN. (Posted: May 10, 2010. Revised: June 3, 2010)

Yeah, I know Vaughn apparently had a lot of issues with being away from his family when X3 was in pre-production. It's nice to see him getting his way this time... :p

:yay:
An August start date is even better than September. It'll be interesting to see the X-Men in the 60's.
Indeed...
Wonder why they're going for Argentina ? Could be an scene involving young magneto going after Nazi's :huh:

Yes, that's a big possibility. I think the script for Magneto had scenes like that and Goyer was planning on shooting part of the movie in Argentina before things were halted because of the writer's strike.

It's nice that he's going back to familiar territory..

Last edited:
Made me nostalgic too, because it was when I joined the board. Good times, crazy discussions! :oldrazz:
Then "Wolverine" almost ruined everything for me, for good. :cmad:
It's nice to have that good old excitement back! :woot:

omg i know! i feel the same way. im so excited for this. im loving how the news is coming in.... pictures are probably only a few months away. =D i think this movie already has a great start!

Wow.Using pinewood studios.Possable location filming In germany.This seems like a even
bigger film In scope than X-Men or X2.At least since they are rushing to get It made
they are not being as cheap as they were on X-Men or X2.First Class Is the most exciting non Marvel studios marvel film.And the most exciting X-Men film since X2.

This seems like a even
bigger film In scope than X-Men or X2.
At least since they are rushing to get It made
they are not being as cheap as they were on X-Men or X2.
Uh, I don't see anything solid about this movie's scope so far.. :p and I don't think of "cheap" when I think of X2..The movie had some pretty nice set designs...

X2 was great but unlike some sequels to big movies Bryan Singer was still restricted when It came to budget.Which cause limitions on how many characters could be used.And what set Pieces could be used.The fact X2 came out so well Is a testerment to
Singer and his team despite Fox and It's cheap ways.

I tell you If anyone wants to leak movie scripts I hope they leak something for First Class.I am dying to hear more on what on what awaits us.I remember back when Moriarity at AICN broke some elements of X2(back then they could actully break news Instead of just reporting what others broke) and It helped create postivite buzz on X2 and showed what a great ride was awaiting fans.

All of the X-Men scripts either leaked, or reviews of the scripts were posted. So, we could hear something in the not to distant future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"