Days of Future Past X-Men First Class Official Manip Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

QWoods

Sidekick
Reaction score
Post em here

Xavier__s_First_by_QWoods.jpg

I think they should use the black/yellow suits as seen on the cover of First Class #1

Think it will be difficult to come up with a yellow black design without it look a little too much like school uniforms or biker jackets and leathers.

Yeah, I like the all balck uniforms still myself. Certain colors that look good on paper, oftentimes look like crap in reality.

Yellow spandex suits...uh no. I agree that the black looks the best. The yellow in the comics was to have color and be kid friendly.

I think the "something wont look good on film" angle is tiresome and has been proven wrong time and time over. Spider-Man, Iron Man, Thor, Hell Boy.

Kick-Ass had a green and yellow costume and it looked great. And point me in the direction of the person who said spandex. .

I wouldn't have a problem with the black and yellow. Now, the 90s costumes where every color in the rainbow was present in all their costumes? That would'nt look good.

Kick Ass was a parody. His costume was hilarious.

Spider-Man's costume changed. Web pits? Big red spider on the back? Where did they go?
Iron Man changed a hell of a lot. His original costume looked like yellow spandex legs and arms.
Thor, is he wearing a helmet with wings?

Thinking the movies and the comics are the same thing and what works in the comics will work in the movies is tiresome. If they can make yellow and blue look amazing, then that will be great. But I think Wolverine had a line in one of the movies about spandex that was appropriate.

I wouldn't have a problem with the black and yellow. Now, the 90s costumes where every color in the rainbow was present in all their costumes? That would'nt look good.
Agreed 100%

Spider-Man's costume changed. Web pits? Big red spider on the back? Where did they go?

Iron Man changed a hell of a lot. His original costume looked like yellow spandex legs and arms.
See, again I can't tell if you're being serious or not. . . God, I hope you're kiding.

Thor, is he wearing a helmet with wings?
Uh, yes. He is. That was confirmed a while ago.

Thinking the movies and the comics are the same thing and what works in the comics will work in the movies is tiresome. If they can make yellow and blue look amazing, then that will be great. But I think Wolverine had a line in one of the movies about spandex that was appropriate.

1. I didn't say the comics and movies where the same thing. Things need to be adapted, but COUNTLESS movies have shown that you can be extremely faithful and it will still look good. You're arguing that Spider-Man and Iron Man, two movies where the costumes are DAMN NEAR exactly like they are in the books are massively different? WTF. :dry::dry::dry:

2. I never said yellow and blue. The first class outfits are black and yellow.

3. That was said by CYCLOPS. Not Wolverine. Go re-watch the movies you're arguing about.

See, again I can't tell if you're being serious or not. . . God, I hope you're kiding.
Totally joking. I am here to make you laugh. I can sing Lady Gaga if you want?

Uh, yes. He is. That was confirmed a while ago.
I was asking. I have only seen that one pic that was released. So I have no idea how much they will change or keep the same until we get more pics.

1. I didn't say the comics and movies where the same thing. Things need to be adapted, but COUNTLESS movies have shown that you can be extremely faithful and it will still look good. You're arguing that Spider-Man and Iron Man, two movies where the costumes are DAMN NEAR exactly like they are in the books are massively different? WTF. :dry::dry::dry:
1. I didn't say you said comics and movies are the same. No where did I say JP thinks this nor did I quote you so quit getting so defensive. Some people do. Some people are purists that want every page of the comic on the big screen and they whine when directors and writers make creative changes.

Lets take a look at Iron Man, who as you say his costume is DAMN NEAR exactly like they are in the books.
talesofsuspense48.jpg

Sure there have been different iterations throughout the years and the same can be said for X-Men. But we are referring to their original costumes. Now if you think that is damn near the same as what we saw in the movies, then well:dry::dry::dry:

2. I never said yellow and blue. The first class outfits are black and yellow.
xmenfirstclass.jpg

430535xmenfirstclasssup.jpg

Look blue and yellow to me.

3. That was said by CYCLOPS. Not Wolverine. Go re-watch the movies you're arguing about.
That is my mistake. I thought it was WOLVERINE. I haven't seen the movie in years. But holy ****, why so angry JP?

So with number 2, go re-read the comics you're arguing about? Settle down JP, we can all have our opinions on here. I don't think the classic costume will work but you are tired of hearing that so excuse me. I will be sure and keep quiet.

These forums would be lame sauce if every body had the same opinion.

x_men_first_class_01.jpg

Looks black to me. And they're black in the images you posted as well.

And are you really using that picture of Iron Man to help your argument? Have you picked up an Iron man comic book in the last 20 years? :dry:

That is blue with black shadows??? Even in the ones you posted, that is a dark blue. As for Iron Man, we were talking the suits used in the first runs. The X-Men have had tons of costumes over the years as well.

But anyways, what are they going to do with Hank's feet? Keep them normal or use prosthetics to make them larger???

I'd guess prosthetic. They'd slip on like shoes. :)

And blue is used to highlight the black. :) \

x-men-first-class-.jpg

x-men_first_class_vol_2_6p.jpg

387px-x-men_first_class_vol_2_2.jpg

I still see blue, maybe I am crazy. I always thought it was blue with black shadows.

Perhaps we're both crazy and it's lavender.

hmm well in X3 Beat's suit was navy & gold, ala First Class, so I'm wondering are they going to use that for the others some manips would be nice....I think those colors would work on screen and I don;t mind if they are jumpsuits, but as long as their detailed and not to campy

Here is my costume idea. This is Jean. I'll work my way through the others in the next few weeks. :)

Jean_Grey.jpg

I always wondered why they never made the yellow an x on their costumes.

As for gloves, I think they look good on Jean but I don't like them on the men.

Yeah, I agree about the gloves. I'll probably keep them as they are in the other X-films.

I think the "something wont look good on film" angle is tiresome and has been proven wrong time and time over. Spider-Man, Iron Man, Thor, Hell Boy.

Kick-Ass had a green and yellow costume and it looked great. And point me in the direction of the person who said spandex. .

Nobody has ever said that Spiderman wont look good on film, Iron Man was more a factor of technology and timing, its always been highly considered for being a film but to grasp its full spectrum you needed to todays technology. That was just smart thinking in those days, Thor is a difficult concept to market however with films like 300, even Rise of the Lycans brings that whole we can do mystic to the big screen angle that thor needed for the fans to truely invest in. And as for hellboy well that was a concept born out of dust made into a popular series... the trick with this was to remove as many supernatural elements they had kept it realistic and it worked. That was more born out of faith, but ask you self this, was was better hellboy or hellboy 2? me personally liked the first hellboy where as the second seemed more like Pans labrythn with hellboy in it... but that was down to the director making that movie too much his own.

The only comic book movies that has been said wouldnt work on film was X-Men, yet Bryan Singer proved us wrong... if we bring in too much of the comic we face the audiance not taking it too seriously...

Yellow is a terrible colour to use on camera is it can merge with skin colours and look well like the character is naked depending on skimpy the suit is.

The idea would really be a need to have the right idea about the costumes and i think if you look at beasts costume in x3, we have the right idea, biker jackets. Remember this is the first x-men although xavier has infinate money i dont think he would try out and make costume costumes until he realised therei s a need for x-men now.

I think Black and Gold could look really good if they use the same material that was use for the FF costumes and they could look just like the first class pics. I might change it so the men wore fingerless gloves that were only wrist length, not sure how that would look though. For the record artist have long used blue to shade black, they did it heavily with Batman. Black would look better on film so I'd go with it over blue anyway.

At the very least, the costumes could have some gold trim, like how all the costumes by X3 had their own individual color integrated in there.

They can definitely work with brighter colors in this movie since A; these will be a younger team of mutants, so, they can get away with it and B; the movie probably takes place in the late 80s/early 90s, and back then, if you wore all Black, you were a weird basket case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"