Days of Future Past X-Men First Class Official Manip Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can definitely see something more like the Fantastic Four or Spider-Man costumes to some degree. I'm just hoping we don't see spandex or black rubber/tight 80's black leather clothing

Actually the costumes by x-men 3 had individual colour themes was a tribute to StarTrek, with costumes being outlined with yellow, blue or red... with exception to storm who had white... however the rank of captain and science officer being yellow and blue they couldnt really apply that because wolverine is more inline with yellow and cyclops with blue... so although it was a nod to star trek it was also altered to accomediate the charaters costumes

The costumes in all three movies were like that.

not so, have a look again, in x1 they didnt have any defined lines, in the second movie they started to add colour by third was more a copy of the second only with more designs.

No. The X-Men uniforms have had individual color schemes since the very first movie.

I dont think so
halle_berry_james_marsden_famke_janssen_x_men_001.jpg

Only wolverine had colour
hugh_jackman_x_men_001.jpg

Actually the costumes by x-men 3 had individual colour themes was a tribute to StarTrek, with costumes being outlined with yellow, blue or red... with exception to storm who had white... however the rank of captain and science officer being yellow and blue they couldnt really apply that because wolverine is more inline with yellow and cyclops with blue... so although it was a nod to star trek it was also altered to accomediate the charaters costumes

Bobby/Colossus had silver, Rogue had green, Kitty and Jean had pink (I think), and I think Logan had yellow and orange. And they definitely did have very subtle trim to them in the first movies, but the film was either shot too dark or they were intentionally not showcased as well as they were in X3.

Yes, the X suits have always had colour since the first film. I can actually list them for you if you like.

X1:
Jean Grey: Green
Cyclopse: Blue/Gold
Storm: Silver
Wolverine: Yellow

X2:
Cyclopse: Blue
Jean Grey: Red
Iceman (ending oval office scene): White
Rogue (ending oval office scene): Green

X3:
Kitty Pryde: Pink
Colossus: Dark Silver

If you are still in disagreement I suggest you either re-watch or do a simple google image search.

Yeah, they were more noticeable in X2 because that was just a brighter film. But the colored piping has always been there.

3635.jpg

Also, to those who say yellow wont work on film, look at Beasts costume in X3. Yellow and Black.

x3-magneto-beast.jpg

Last edited:
The only thing I'd say against Beast's costume was that they did it as a kind of joke, and he even remarked about how strange it was that he used to wear it (or rather that it used to fit him), but it definitely does work well for the character. I couldn't personally see Wolverine wearing that type of costume, but hopefully we won't have to - keep those as the First Class costumes or something similar, and leave Wolverine out of the movie, haha.

You're joking, right?

Production shots of the X-Men movie, found on IMDB. Very few are in color, but you can just see Scott's gold/blue trim, Jean Grey with a green belt buckle, Logan with orange piping on his suit, and Storm with her silver trim as well. Yahoo Movies has the same photos, and as a fairly official source, they would likely not accept fan photos for their galleries.

Further production shots, from Marvel's official wiki:
Jean
Jean2
Jean3
Scott (note the blue X on his collar)
Storm 1
Storm2
Storm3

And let's go to the video: X-Men. Granted, the action makes it hard to see the smaller details, but if you pause at :38, you can see Scott's blue X on the back of his suit (full-screen if you can't see it at first), Storm's silver is in just about any shot, Logan's orange suit is seen at 3:00-onward, and in the next part of the movie, you can see Scott and Jean's costumes a little bit clearer at about 2:50.

My guess was that the costumes were made with the color, but they soon found out that most of the colors would not show on-screen against the leather (note why the Orange/Gold and the Silver are brightest - because they are the furthest from black as you can get), so the costumes needed to be altered for the sequel, which is why many people thought the introduction of color happened from X2 onward, when it is clearly present from the start.

Yes, except VelvetOnion claims it didn't start until X3. :dry:

ha ha - i love ta wind you fans up about the small details...

But its a goodthing really because ive seen this before where people will hate the film and how it turns out asking for a reboot...

BUT if someone gets a fact wrong about the movie there all over you...

Haha its funny.

Yeah, they were more noticeable in X2 because that was just a brighter film. But the colored piping has always been there.

3635.jpg

Also, to those who say yellow wont work on film, look at Beasts costume in X3. Yellow and Black.

x3-magneto-beast.jpg

That looks fine, it isn't overwhelming. As long as it isn't overwhelming, then yellow will look good. I just don't want the huge amounts of yellow that were on their original costumes. That was a lot of yellow.

I suppose so. But, if they can make it look good, why not, eh? :)

So if this isn't a reboot and are staying withing continuity... is it safe to assume that same costume Beast wore will be the Costume for First Class?

I wouldn't assume that.

I suppose so. But, if they can make it look good, why not, eh? :)

If they can do it, more power to them. I just hope that they don't over do it.

...........can we get some more manips......please

The manip geniuses probably don't know this forum exists... :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"