Comics X-Men: Last Man Standing (Round 3)

AnnoyingSilence said:
Aw, man! you suck.:(

Jean Grey (Non Phoenix Force) Vs Northstar - Jean, easily(really shouldn't have to think of any reason...
Storm Vs Havok - like i posted before, like cyclops, all alex would have to do is blast her but before she got something going(which it always take her time)
Cyclops Vs Shadowcat - This is a very hard one to figure. both are trained to peak performance.... I'm sure cyclops could stay away from kitty long enough for her to have to become tangible to breath and zapper her., but i still say kitty. she still is a VERY train hand to hand, all of'm are great acrobats, etc... what wins it for kitty is... Her PHASING

Bonus Fight
Sage Vs Joseph - Joseph., duh. he may not have exp, but he is magneto with no limitations

Kitty can breathe while intangible. She just can't breathe underground, or anywhere she couldnt breathe normally.

AnnoyingSilence said:

I'm fairly certain she says it word for word in Astonishing when she finds Colossus. Can't remember, though.

AnnoyingSilence said:

I dont remember off the top of my head it being explicitly stated, but if you remember when she was injured during Mutant Massacre, she was stuck in her intangible state for a long time afterwards. She must have been breathing or she'd be dead.

FieryBalrog said:
I dont remember off the top of my head it being explicitly stated, but if you remember when she was injured during Mutant Massacre, she was stuck in her intangible state for a long time afterwards. She must have been breathing or she'd be dead.

I can't remember the exact issue but we find out during her run with Excailbur that Kitty's natrual state is phased.

Jean Grey (Non Phoenix Force) Vs Northstar: There are a few variables, such as Jean being able to catch her TK up to his insane speeds. Because of that, Northstar could probably run circles around her, if she's unable to keep her mind going several steps ahead of his body. Luckily for Jean, TK isn't her only power. She uses telepathy to mess with his head, slow him down, and then uses her TK to finish him off. Yes, Northstar can withstand the speeds at which he can travel, but can he survive being crashed into a wall, coming to a dead stop, or suffocating/whatever other bodily problems she could give him? Methinks no.

Storm Vs Havok: Havok go boom. And Storm can't even teleport like Nightcrawler, so there goes that problem. Yes, Storm might have a diverse range of powers (or, well, pretend to), but Havok has a limitless supply of raw power. And if he doesn't use power inhibitors and really goes boom? I'm sorry, but lightning has to come from -somewhere- (her powers are weather manipulation, meaning that stormfront has to come up before lightning is generated), whereas Havok points and fires. One superblast and Storm's a heated puddle of goddess soup.

Cyclops Vs Shadowcat: This... blows. Lol. Does Cyclops have even a slight chance of blasting Kitty before she phases? How I'd like to say yes, but... meh. But, you know what? She has to become tangible in order to beat him. She might win against a blockhead like Bobby, but Cyke is pretty smart, and he knows his team. Do we really think that Cyke is going to let her get close enough to grab hold of him in her intangible state? They're both at high performance levels, and I'm willing to place a bet that Cyke could evade her. Since this is a stalemate, Kitty would have to turn tangible, in which case Cyke blasts her. If they were to go into a fair hand-to-hand fight, I still say Cyke would take her out. So, yes, I'll be the -only- person to say that Cyclops wins.

Bonus Fight
Sage Vs Joseph: What the bad place is Sage going to do? Jumpstart a second mutation that'll allow him to beat her even better than he already can? Yep, she can run every possibility of fighting him, and they'll call come up the same - Joseph puts her down. Guns? He redirects the bullet. Close combat? She's bound to have metal on her or in her. The only way she takes him is if she gets a surprise sniper shot on him, and I don't think that's a real viable possibility in context of this whole thing.

Jean Grey (Non Phoenix Force) Vs Northstar
Storm Vs Havok
Cyclops Vs Shadowcat

Bonus Fight
Sage Vs Joseph

Jean vs. Northstar: Jean-Paul gets in the first blow, of course... but I don't think he can take Jean out entirely before she gets off an attack of her. And if she does, well, Northstar's just made her REALLY angry... at which point she cuts loose with her telepathy and lobotomizes him into a toaster. Jean Grey

Storm vs. Havok: I dunno, Alex has the raw power to stand with anybody, but I just can't see the cool, collected Storm getting zapped like a rookie. She DOES have a range of abilities, and I think she can stay in the fight long enough to figure out how to use them to take out Havok. Storm

Cyclops vs. Shadowcat-- And now I go exactly against my previous argument. Although Cyke's got the mental edge, the ONLY way he can beat Kitty is if he can get her to unphase at a bad time-- and there kinda needs to be some kind of outside distraction to use for that. In the real world, he might pull it off, but in a straight, one-on-one fight, I'm betting she doesn't fall for it. Shadowcat

Sage vs. Joseph-- I really like Sage, but I can't see her beating ANY incarnation of Magneto. Not going to happen. Joseph

Jean Grey (Non Phoenix Force) Vs Northstar - Oh, my! Gay Icon versus Token Gay! Whatever shall I do?! Sure, Northstar is fast, but his arrogance will be his downfall. And what do you think is faster? Northstar or the speed of thought? I'm going with thought. Viva La Phoenix, even if it's 'in name only'.

Storm Vs Havok - Watching sebita cry aside, as much as people hate to admit it (and thanks El Bastardo for bringing it up), if Storm is summoning weather, it's going to take a couple of seconds to get there, and in that time, Alex would take her down.

Cyclops Vs Shadowcat - Now this one is incredibly difficult for me. Cyclops is an excellent leader and a well trained fighter, but as I said last time, Kitty is pretty damn resourceful when she needs to be. As much as I want to give this to Cyclops by default since he's the greatest of all the X-Men, I think Kitty has a better chance of beating him than almost anyone else, so I'm going for the little Jewish girl.

Bonus Fight
Sage Vs Joseph - Madame Deus versus Magneto v 3.4? What is Sage going to do? Magically pull a jumpstarted anti-magnetic rabbit out of her ash? Maybe if Claremont was writing this battle, but he's not. Joseph was a waste of the space he was printed on, but Sage is an even bigger affront to mankind, so Joseph takes her by a landslide victory.

Almighty Pejo said:
Storm Vs Havok - Watching sebita cry aside, as much as people hate to admit it (and thanks El Bastardo for bringing it up), if Storm is summoning weather, it's going to take a couple of seconds to get there, and in that time, Alex would take her down.

!! Oh my god. You mean... people actually do read my posts? Aww... I'm touched, Pejo! <3 And here I thought all my good text was going to waste.

El Bastardo said:
!! Oh my god. You mean... people actually do read my posts? Aww... I'm touched, Pejo! <3 And here I thought all my good text was going to waste.
With a name like El Bastardo, how could I not read your posts?! :p And you actually have a grasp on the concepts of grammar and punctuation. That makes me a moth to your flame. :p ;)

Almighty Pejo said:
With a name like El Bastardo, how could I not read your posts?! :p And you actually have a grasp on the concepts of grammar and punctuation. That makes me a moth to your flame. :p ;)

I'm... Oh, dear. I'm feeling so strange, like some wave has rushed over me. I'm feeling... tingly - and not in a spider-sense way. Warm and tingly. Mushy. Like I sat in something. What are these alien feelings?

Tear! :D

El Bastardo said:
I'm... Oh, dear. I'm feeling so strange, like some wave has rushed over me. I'm feeling... tingly - and not in a spider-sense way. Warm and tingly. Mushy. Like I sat in something. What are these alien feelings?

uh, I believe that is the bile rising up your esophagus. For more information consult your nearest medical facility.

Hmm

Jean v Northstar. Well, I'm sure there was a point where incredibly fast mutants would have intimidated Marvel Girl but Jean Grey is much more confident and skillful. JEAN

Storm v Havok. Hmm.. I think my picks are going to be pretty generic, I dont think Havok could get this one, I think Storm has more at her disposal in both defence and offence. STORM

Cyclops v Shadowcat. This is a tough one. Going on pure powers and logic, Kitty would win obviously, but somethings nagging at me. Im pretty sure Scotts strategic enough to get her to come out of phase and then take her down. Whether it be playing on her emotions, insecurities or something more tangible. I think Scotts got the experience and strategic cunning to take her down, he's the leader of the X-men for a reason and has acheived amazing things in battle in the past. CYCLOPS.

Bonus fight:
Sage v Joseph. Great Fight. While I think that Sages incredible smarts could outwit the young magneto clone, Joe's got pure power, and I reckon that's what knocks her out. JOSEPH.

Jean Grey (Non Phoenix Force) Vs Northstar: Please this is a pathethic fight, Northstar is faster than Non-Phoenix Jean, he can easily whack her in the head while she thinks :p... nah, I'm just joking... who's the bright bulb that set this up? Jean wins.

Storm Vs Havok: Likewise. Ororo's weather manipulation is instantaneous. Say, she's flying, he aims, she avoids, lightning falls and we have Kentucky fried Havok. Ororo wins without even getting tired.

Cyclops Vs Shadowcat: His blasts can't do anything. He might know Judo, but she's a ninja. Kitty wins easily.

Bonus Fight
Sage Vs Joseph: now this is interesting. If Claremont's writing it, then Sage wins. If not, Joseph wins the fight.

Sebita, name all of the people that Storm can fight and she would lose to, please, I am very curious :D.

Ororo can only loose against Alternate Realities Ororos, only the goddess can defeat the goddess :D

sebita said:
Ororo can only loose against Alternate Realities Ororos, only the goddess can defeat the goddess :D
Thats about what I thought you'd say :D.

Storm's manipulation of weather is instantaneous?

Yeah... okay. Because instant temperature changes or instant stormfronts certainly wouldn't cause any problems in the atmosphere. Of course not. And it makes perfect sense, too, because why should a mutant have to SUMMON (as the uncannyxmen.net Storm blurb reads) weather to be manipulated when it can just plop up? :rolleyes:

well, it happens really fast if it's not instantaneous... Havok needs to recharge anyway. Ororo can easily avoid attacks while flying, even when she is not seeing (Uncanny 311) so, Havok can't really hit her. If Lightning doesn't work, Wind will. Ororo doesn't need to remain motionless to conjure weather, Havok needs to stand his ground to aim, Ororo doesn't.

Really? So Havok can't use his power when he's running or jumping? Oh, snap. I guess there go dozens of action sequences we've seen in the comics.

And Havok needs to RECHARGE? Really? Are we talking about a ten year war between the two of them? Havok, like Cyclops, sucks in energy from his environment - I doubt he'd have to recharge at the beginning of the fight.

And yeah, Storm can fly around. That's wonderful. And Havok can shoot really big, huge blasts if he wants to, especially if he's not wearing any power inhibitors and he's not holding back. Why would he hold back against an enemy who could topple him too?

Storm has to hesitate, even if only several seconds, to bring out her weather manipulation to its potential. Havok doesn't. bad place, HE HAS TO WEAR POWER INHIBITORS SO HE DOESN'T LAY WASTE TO HIMSELF AND HIS SURROUNDINGS. Y'think that might, you know, mean something?

But I forget. Storm could defeat Galactus. :rolleyes:
Anyone feel like backing me up, here? How's about the rest of you who also voted for Havok, because of the obvious clues?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"