X-Men Origins:Wolverine on DVD/BluRay

well ok, i guess Wolverine and Sabretooth didnt know how to react because they have never seen a teleporting version of themselves before... but im just saying thats probably the weakest action scene in the whole movie. Dont get me wrong, i like the scene, but it wasnt a good enough for a "boss fight".

How is it the weakest action scene in the whole movie? It pisses all over the Gambit scene for instance. The choreography for the final fight on top of the tower was brilliant, whether you think Weapon XI is lame or not is irrelevant.

I don't know about brilliant. The cgi backdrop was too distracting, too many inconsistencies like blasting Creed and no burns, the cheesy claw-laser repelling, and Deadpool just didn't seem like a huge threat to me. Creed in the first couple of fights seemed more of a threat.

I highly disliked the final fight. I liked the first couple of fights better than the final fight. Creed and Logan in the bar was brutal and ferocious. The final fight as well as the Gambit fight was just a bit too silly for me.

Yea the things you mention do bring it down a lot.

But just the whole concept of him porting in from different angles was great, IMO. The part where he's vaulting towards them then flips over, but port backs to where he came from was pretty epic I thought. Drew a lot of gasps from the audience i was with.

I just don't get why Wolverine would spend that long climbing up a reactor and being like lolz come get me. Wolverine is a fighter...that can heal. But yes, the concept of Deadpool teleporting at different angles was cool.

Yea lol why did he go up there? You could say trying to keep XI away from the kids, but he didn't seem to be interested in the kids anyway.

He had to have been climbing up that reactor for at least 15-30 minutes...maybe more. Then when he gets up to the top, Weapon XI is walking out...what was he doing!?

It just was a bit silly and playful...which is why I don't want Jackman producing the next movie. Jackman is a good guy, but the dude needs to let a professional handle that stuff. Wolverine was too silly and playful in this.

Yea I agree.

Jackman is a cool guy. He's a nice guy. Not things you associate with Wolverine. Plus Jackman was going on about the "animal". What animal?!?!

I laughed when he was like "I'm the best there is at what I do..."

Na mate, Wade or your brother is!

Hopefully if they do a sequel, they learn from this.

Well, I think in essence Hugh is a really good Wolverine. I just think the writing is ****. If they had a good dark script Hugh would play a perfect Wolverine....

I think Hugh sat in on the writing team and threw out ideas since he is a producer. I think he had a lot of input. Please not again.

I had a lot of fun watching the movie.

I do wonder sometimes, am I the only one who watches these movies to have fun?

If I just want fun I watch comedies. If I want to have fun and a great time, I want movies to have a proper story and characterization.

X1 and X2 weren't all that comic accurate, but I really enjoyed watching them. Wolverine, I can't watch more than once.

That's a shame. I watch a lot of NON COMEDY movies and have fun and a great time doing it. I've watched Wolverine several times so far...and will continue to watch it in the future.

I pay nearly $10 bucks to see a good movie and have fun. If I am let down, I feel like I wasted that money. I have expectations when I go see certain movies and if they can't live up to the hype or be better than their predecessors, then of course I am going to be agitated and feel cheated.

That's a shame. I watch a lot of NON COMEDY movies and have fun and a great time doing it. I've watched Wolverine several times so far...and will continue to watch it in the future.

Well, that's great. I do the same with X1 and X2.

I pay nearly $10 bucks to see a good movie and have fun. If I am let down, I feel like I wasted that money. I have expectations when I go see certain movies and if they can't live up to the hype or be better than their predecessors, then of course I am going to be agitated and feel cheated.

I can see first run movies for $4 here at matinee prices. I'd hate to have to pay $10 for any movie. I have to watch my money.

I thought Wolverine was good enough for the ten buck admission. Heck, I saw it four times at the theater. :D

Nope, you're not the only one. :up:

I saw Hugh on stage last week playing a foul-mouthed reckless cop who does some pretty terrible things in a play that was a million miles removed from any kind of superhero movie.

Yet I have no problem switching off my inner theater-snob and enjoy my Wolverine blu-ray. I've seen it 8 times and I have it on my ipod now. :woot:

I just learn to pick up the pieces and move on. I paid $10.50 to see Paranormal Activity this weekend and it wasn't nearly as scary as it was hyped. Disappointing, yes. But I'm over it.

I can see first run movies for $4 here at matinee prices. I'd hate to have to pay $10 for any movie. I have to watch my money.
Matinee is $6 and new movies on Friday or Saturday are $9 something. It is ridiculous. If you want a drink or a snack...well you could buy a steak dinner at a nice restaurant.

But, if I am dissapointed, I even feel cheaped out of $1.

Matinee is $6 and new movies on Friday or Saturday are $9 something. It is ridiculous. If you want a drink or a snack...well you could buy a steak dinner at a nice restaurant.

But, if I am dissapointed, I even feel cheaped out of $1.

Yes, but by your own admission, you are a bit neurotic ('a bit OCD' is what you said) so you are more deeply affected by stuff like that. I'm just saying that not everyone has that reaction.

Reactions vary. I loved Inglourious Basterds yet about ten people walked out of the public screening I was at.

I have fun watching Wolverine, but there is no doubt in my mind it could and should have been a better movie.

I have fun watching Wolverine, but there is no doubt in my mind it could and should have been a better movie.

Yes, it could have been better, but so could virtually any film....

The ability to have fun is important. I thought GI Joe was a whole load of fun, and never expected anything more than bullets, babes and blokes running around as crap blew up. The second time i saw it, we had a real laugh all the way through it.

Yes, it could have been better, but so could virtually any film....

The ability to have fun is important. I thought GI Joe was a whole load of fun, and never expected anything more than bullets, babes and blokes running around as crap blew up. The second time i saw it, we had a real laugh all the way through it.

Well, I enjoyed GI Joe more than Wolverine to be honest, and I have no doubt Wolverine is the character with the richer source material, so it should have been the better movie really.

But GI Joe was fun in a "turn off your brain way" which I need an abundance of at the moment because my job is currently rather stressfull.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"