X-Men Origins:Wolverine on DVD/BluRay

What happened in the deleted scene with Storm?!

What happened in the deleted scene with Storm?!

Nothing at all just showed a young Storm when they were in the jungle.

Pretty glad it got cut, that film is FAR too packed with needless cameos.

^I mean what did she say??? What was her need to be there? Or was there a need for her at all? lol

She was just standing there, no lines. :)

She doesn't need any lines, the lighting storm that starts when they show her is enough to show who it was and what she does.

which is rather dull.

hope they don't throw her in First Class she was a waste of time in the other X-Films

She doesn't need any lines, the lighting storm that starts when they show her is enough to show who it was and what she does.

which is rather dull.

hope they don't throw her in First Class she was a waste of time in the other X-Films

ACtually if they played her right, her character would fit right into First Class. It would also make more sense since Iceman is too young to be there and Angel just joined in X3.

ACtually if they played her right, her character would fit right into First Class. It would also make more sense since Iceman is too young to be there and Angel just joined in X3.

Its probably a given that she will be in First Class.

I'd have liked Angel to be in it also but they messed him up in X3 with a young actor who didn't look the part thrown in just for Fox to get the rights and ruin yet more X characters.

Its probably a given that she will be in First Class.

I'd have liked Angel to be in it also but they messed him up in X3 with a young actor who didn't look the part thrown in just for Fox to get the rights and ruin yet more X characters.

They didn't 'mess him up'. Fans kept asking for him, and the character had been cut from X2. In the animated series, Angel was part of the cure story so that's probably why he was included in the film's version of the cure story.

Fox already had the rights to Angel, they didn't shove him in there to get the rights. As for the continuity, that has been different since the first movie when Iceman and Rogue were young students.

I was never a fan of Iceman's and Angel's so I couldn't care less that they were not portrayed as the original X-men.

Just got the blu-ray 2day, finally!

After watching it I've can forgive it for all its mistakes, its a good little action film, I can look past the comic-book flaws, been a comic fan sometimes ruins things.

Watching the extras its clear that the people involved wanted more and knew what they wanted, so I guess Fox are to blame for most of the mistakes.
They mention why sets look different to the other films, why certain characters are portrayed the way they are, shame the people giving them the money didn't let them go a little more towards a hard 12 .. or a 15 over here in the UK.

I actually rented the DVD but forgot to check out the extras. What was mentioned what the reason was for the change in the set designs, etc?

Just got the blu-ray 2day, finally!

After watching it I've can forgive it for all its mistakes, its a good little action film, I can look past the comic-book flaws, been a comic fan sometimes ruins things.

Watching the extras its clear that the people involved wanted more and knew what they wanted, so I guess Fox are to blame for most of the mistakes.
They mention why sets look different to the other films, why certain characters are portrayed the way they are, shame the people giving them the money didn't let them go a little more towards a hard 12 .. or a 15 over here in the UK.

Yeah, i'm the same, its an okay action movie if you ignore the flaws and just watch it, the action scene's in the movie are sometimes poorly shot, but overall do the trick.

Did anyone get the feature on stunts that play.com were giving away?

Did anyone get the feature on stunts that play.com were giving away?

It's also on the version available from HMV.

As I didn't get sent a review copy (the PR company handling it are totally useless), I bought mine from HMV.

I was extremely hung over on Monday so wasnt to bothered about which version I got at the time so I just got the triple-play Blu-ray version, picture is pretty damn good, only bad thing is it highlights some of the poorer effects more.

On the Blu-ray, I thought the claws looked fine (they explain they moved away from practical effects - real claws - most of the time, for safety reasons). I noticed greenscreen more on the Blu-ray though, especially during the motorbike chase sequence. Overall, I have to say that cinematography and visuals were excellent, with some stunning scenery and beautiful shots.

Most of the CG claw scenes looked really good a handful were painfully bad like the bathroom scene, they looked awful.

I haven't seen it on bluray but my dad rented the dvd and they looked horrible. The bathroom scene was still cringe worthy with the horrible claw effects. It just looks 100% fake. I understand getting away from practical in fight scenes, but there is no excuse for that. The Gambit fight claws looked bad too, especially when he gives Gambit the middle claw.

I mean this entire movie was rubbish when I think about it. No two ways about it.

At least X3 special effects were far better handled than the effects implemented in this movie. Still when I think of the potential this series has, the last two films in the series just seem like such a waste of time.

Especially when I know Marvel with another studio could just do a much better job.

On the Blu-ray, I thought the claws looked fine (they explain they moved away from practical effects - real claws - most of the time, for safety reasons). I noticed greenscreen more on the Blu-ray though, especially during the motorbike chase sequence. Overall, I have to say that cinematography and visuals were excellent, with some stunning scenery and beautiful shots.

To be honest I never really had a problem with the claws, it was more the green screen, especially the shot of the kids running to Xavier, that was one of the most horrible green screen scene's I have scene, others had poor moments as well but not as poor as that.

I do agree there was some great cinematography in the movie though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"