X Men: The Last Stand - My Review

PhoenixWillRise said:
No, the opening is a bit different this time, it is not DNA, but the cure that u see...
And no monologue by Prof X over it either...

oh come on! the easiest way to show continuity and they screw that up!?!

josh8 said:
oh come on! the easiest way to show continuity and they screw that up!?!

thats what i ****ing said, are they ****ing serious, are they ****ing joking us right now ..... theve got to be ****ing kidding me .... ****ing joke and i dont even ****ing care that im saying **** alot

PWR, i forgot to thank you for the review. thanks! and special thanks for being sensitive on spoilers. :up:

ok, just a few questions.

without giving anything away, can you comment on dr. kavita rao, moira, and bill duke's character?

Thanks for the review:up:
NO Phoenix Flame??? WTF? :confused: :confused: :confused: I am very disappointed to hear that.

Retroman said:
NO Phoenix Flame??? WTF? :confused: :confused: :confused: I am very disappointed to hear that.
im not i think its much better. i dont think the whole shooting fire, firebird thing would work for someone who is supposed to just have unlimited telekinetic ,telepathic abilities. Plus i think what they did is more awesome and is very creepy looking!

Retroman said:

Somehow, I have to think we'll be getting a different version of this movie. I just have to! :(

There have been too many things have been confirmed that haven't showed up in the screened version.

gap5ewl said:
im not i think its much better. i dont think the whole shooting fire, firebird thing would work for someone who is supposed to just have unlimited telekinetic ,telepathic abilities. Plus i think what they did is more awesome and is very creepy looking!
Sorry but i think you just can't have Phoenix with out the flames if you claim (like Ratner and the writers do) that you're faithfull to the comics.
She had flames in her eyes, around body and at the very end we see the bird.Last time i checked that was what she had in X2.:confused:

Thanks for the review, PWR. :up: Figures...

WorthyStevens4 said:
Somehow, I have to think we'll be getting a different version of this movie. I just have to! :(

There have been too many things have been confirmed that haven't showed up in the screened version.

I agree... something thats been confirmed....Cyke fans NOT being disapointed....if I see the same movie that everyone has claimed to see and cyke dies then that confirmination was a lie!!!!

WorthyStevens4 said:

Lets hope.

PhePhe112 said:
ICyke fans NOT being disapointed

That could have easily been A LIE because they would know how pissed Cyclops Fans would get especially after the somewhat crappy roles hes had in X1 & X2. Them killing Cyclops & everyone knowing way in advanced would only piss off the Fans. So yeah I think they could just as easily be lying

Hmmm well idk I now have mixed feeling on this movie...yesterday on a scale from 1-10 of excitment i was a 10..now i'm like a 7. I've read so much and everything I've heard..its just like everything was shorten and no flame around Jean..how the hell does she rise up. Thats the one thing I really wanted to see and there was no flame..weird IMO. I still think that they may add some stuff in for the release on the 26th. I can only hope...

ONLY 95 MINUTES??? Thats GARBAGE. As much as i was hoping for this movie to be good, i just don;t see it happening. I'm expecting the worst.

WorthyStevens4 said:

That's called Ratner's original cut. Before Fox sent in their editors. Same thing happened on FF and DD. The fire bird may have been there originally but Fox took it out ala Doom's deep metal voice among other things. It does look like X-3 was still able to get away from the short running time and still be in league with the top comic based films. But I'm sure a DC of it will be a much more solid film.

X3 isw not recieving any good publicity right now. This movie sounds like a stunning compromise.

Etc

I tire of this.

Bosef, get a grip. No movie is ever going to be perfect. You are waffling so much on this film that you make the average fanboy look intelligent by comparison. Your personal problems, stresses, etc, do not give you license to publicly bash a movie you haven't seen and rain sarcastic insults down on the people who made it happen. Surprise, surprise, X3 won't be as good as X2 (still, btw, conjecture. There are many elements (including story) that may well beat X2 with a hose. Notice, most reviewers and naysayers don't seem concerned with the actual ELEMENTS of film thus far (specifics of acting, dialogue, story, music, pacing), only if it was "better or worse than X2". Surprise, surprise, there are elements of it people won't like. If we're honest with ourselves, this is true of ANY film.

Seriously. Get a grip.

The Guard said:
I tire of this.

Bosef, get a grip. No movie is ever going to be perfect. You are waffling so much on this film that you make the average fanboy look intelligent by comparison. Your personal problems, stresses, etc, do not give you license to publicly bash a movie you haven't seen and rain sarcastic insults down on the people who made it happen. Surprise, surprise, X3 won't be as good as X2 (still, btw, conjecture. There are many elements (including story) that may well beat X2 with a hose. Notice, most reviewers and naysayers don't seem concerned with the actual ELEMENTS of film thus far (specifics of acting, dialogue, story, music, pacing), only if it was "better or worse than X2". Surprise, surprise, there are elements of it people won't like. If we're honest with ourselves, this is true of ANY film.

Seriously. Get a grip.

yuor right alot of critics wil be mainly compareing it to x2, and not as a stand alone, i mean yea, they have to but theres alot to like here.. stay optimistic, you never know.......

I don't need to stay optimistic. My existence doesn't hinge on it being a perfect film. I know there will be some amazing moments I can enjoy for years to come, despite the flaws it will almost certainly have (As if X-MEN, X2, and hell, even BATMAN BEGINS didn't have flaws).

The Guard said:
I don't need to stay optimistic. My existence doesn't hinge on it being a perfect film. I know there will be some amazing moments I can enjoy for years to come, despite the flaws it will almost certainly have (As if X-MEN, X2, and hell, even BATMAN BEGINS didn't have flaws).

True. I really wanted this to be even better than X2, but now..... :(

The Guard said:

thats comment wasnt aimed at you, but, good for you :up:

Supreme Power said:
True. I really wanted this to be even better than X2, but now..... :(

yes, you never know, though, not until may 26th when you see it, you may be liek "wow that was the best yet!"

so ... yea :up: :up:

Who says it won't. X-3 being better than X-2 hinges on personal taste.

X-3 was hurt by Fox's editing room butchering(how they get the idea this makes the film better I have no idea) but as X-1 still makes it away with being good. And not being too hurt. When you see it don't think about the running time. The ineviteble Director's Cut or Extended Cut will be better and more fleshed out I'm sure. But talking about all this negativity is wierd considering we don't have that many reviews. So calm down people.

EXACTLY.

Don't be so quick to blame FOX for the runtime. FOX allowed too longer X-Men movies before this. This may very well be the movie Ratner and company wanted to make. Faster, more intense.

EXACTLY.

Don't be so quick to blame FOX for the runtime. FOX allowed too longer X-Men movies before this. This may very well be the movie Ratner and company wanted to make. Faster, more intense.

So how exactly DOES the movie start? There's no cerebro doors? the credits are in the middle of the movie? Ugh, they can't even tie the movies together huh...

EXACTLY.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"