X3's huge opening: What does this mean for X4?

crappymovie

Civilian
Reaction score
Although I thought the movie was a good summer movie, definitely a crowd pleaser, do we want X4 to be made in a similar fashion? Does this HUGE opening number give Fox license to make another sequel the same way?

They're not gonna make an X4...They'll just take the money from X3 to push the prequels and spin-off movies farther..

-TNC

TNC9852002 said:
They're not gonna make an X4...They'll just take the money from X3 to push the prequels and spin-off movies farther..

-TNC

No way....with these numbers X4 is a safe bet.Do you really think a Wolverine solo movie would make that much??..not in a million years..and Fox knows this.

i dont want to see an x4
i'd rater have them finish wolverine and magneto movies, then have a fresh start with new people with a new x-men storyline, that would be like in another 6-7 years anyways, just like batman begins was from batman and robin

Well the producers want to make another X film. I for one want to see another one! Magneto, Mystique and Rogue have to get their mutant powers back, and Charles' return! :D :up:

David33 said:
No way....with these numbers X4 is a safe bet.Do you really think a Wolverine solo movie would make that much??..not in a million years..and Fox knows this.

True, i see the wolverine movie as much more of an independent film. I think it will struggle to make $100 million domestically. Same with the Magneto film, even less so.

x3 was great and a good action packed conclusion but if they make x4 i want it to be more like x2

wich imo is a good thing

crappymovie said:
True, i see the wolverine movie as much more of an independent film. I think it will struggle to make $100 million domestically. Same with the Magneto film, even less so.

Exactly.A Wolverine or Magneto film would never be such big hits.They would be on the level of Daredevil or maybe Elektra....Now Fox knows they have a gold mine in hands with the X Men,and Im sure it wont take long before we hear the spin-offs are cancelled and X4 has been given the greenlight with Ratner directing...wanna bet???:cool: .

Opening Weekend means nothing. ANY Movie can have a good Opening Weekend. Its what happens after & DVD Sales that matter

Strgts said:
Opening Weekend means nothing. ANY Movie can have a good Opening Weekend. Its what happens after & DVD Sales that matter

You are wrong...not ANY MOVIE can make $44 Mill opening day...thats a record!:o

Revenge Of The Sith beat that & Titanic did as well

Strgts said:
First time I've ever heard that one.
Second highest opening day ever! I mean, come on!
X4 is as sure a thing as the sun comin' up tomorrow.

Fox would be totally insane now to go ahead with the spin-offs and not do X4,they cant be that stupid....

GreenLantern1 said:
I hope X4 is made with a returning Bryan Singer.

Doubt it. Hes already commited to Superman Returns 2 starting next Year * eventually will do Logans Run. Unless FOX waits which they WONT Singer wont be doing any X-Men Movies for a while

I don´t know.

X3 is not all that (it´s not that bad, not not that good either), and the way it finished.....it´s fairly easy to really, and i mena really, mess up an X4.

I'm sure Bryan would come back to the series. Apparently, he's having reservations about Logan's Run, and he tried to work it out with Fox so that he would direct Superman, and then return immediately to direct X3.

X-3 made alot opening day the question is if the ppl who saw it walked out happy enough to go back and see it again. The Trailers brought in the large crowds but the bad movie may send them running.

X4 is deffinitely already in the works now. The evil Fox machine is now turning again.

It means if it doesn´t drop 70% Tom Rothman´s school of insane production scheduling wins. And the fans lose.

Oh yeah, theres definitely one coming now. I really wonder where the storyline will go from here though. They would've been smarter to just leave Jean out of this one, close it out with the cure and teaser her appearance at the end of this movie (maybe her flying out of Alkali Lake or something), and then doing a second trilogy around her. Oh well.

Afaik the following is allready confirmed:

Wolverine-Sequel (Sabretooth? Wild Child? Weapon X? Please!)
Magneto-Prequel (Scarlet Witch???)
Storm-Sequel!! (didn't know that!)
X-Kids-Sequel (yeargh!)

Source is a german X-Men-Comic I bought on opening day in germany.

crappymovie said:
Although I thought the movie was a good summer movie, definitely a crowd pleaser, do we want X4 to be made in a similar fashion? Does this HUGE opening number give Fox license to make another sequel the same way?
I say no to another movie made in a similar fashion, but the Box office is telling otherwise i fear..:o :down

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"