X3's huge opening: What does this mean for X4?

They got techincally start off right after X2...I mean, the public wouldn't be confused anyways, since all the characters who died came back to life (Prof X is alive in his twin's body, Cyclops didn't die onscreen, Phoenix can still be dead like after X2), and the cure didn't work. The entire plot of the movie reveresed itself in the end, plus the new characters all died! Maybe Fox was planning this all along! We had nothing to worry about, it was just a filler. Now they'll do another adaptation of the Phoenix.

crappymovie said:
They got techincally start off right after X2...I mean, the public wouldn't be confused anyways, since all the characters who died came back to life (Prof X is alive in his twin's body, Cyclops didn't die onscreen, Phoenix can still be dead like after X2), and the cure didn't work. The entire plot of the movie reveresed itself in the end, plus the new characters all died! Maybe Fox was planning this all along! We had nothing to worry about, it was just a filler. Now they'll do another adaptation of the Phoenix.

You're joking right ?;)

of course they are gonna undone all that has happened in X3 , and of course X4 will be contrived and absurd.

i mean i thought about it..with a great screenwriter maybe he could explore the impact of the events of X3 on the Xmen , but i'm pretty sure that we will not have one and we'll have another Ratner frenetic paced (almost) two dimensionnal extravaganza..

ultimatefan said:
It means if it doesn´t drop 70% Tom Rothman´s school of insane production scheduling wins. And the fans lose.

Therein lies the double edged sword of X3 making this kind of money opening day.....

I hope that if they make x-4 it's like x-3 but only longer and that (hopefully) ratner has more prep and shooting time.
And that they use Sinister as the main baddy. Mutant massacre storyline. NIce way to introduce Gambit.

Maze said:
You're joking right ?;)

of course they are gonna undone all that has happened in X3 , and of course X4 will be contrived and absurd.

i mean i thought about it..with a great screenwriter maybe he could explore the impact of the events of X3 on the Xmen , but i'm pretty sure that we will not have one and we'll have another Ratner frenetic paced (almost) two dimensionnal extravaganza..

I'm not joking at all, I fully expect 3 more re-inventions of the Phoenix. haha yeah i was joking.

Singer will not return. It's not gonna happen. he has moved on. If he had any sort of connection and devotion to the X-Men he would have fought Fox to make X3 and gotten his way. Bring someone else in, like J J Abhrams or Joss Whedon or Jon Favereau :)

The opening means a good marketing campaign suckered America.

But don't expect a lot of good feedback and I bet we'll just get a Wolverine movie or two out of the end of this though.

DACrowe said:
The opening means a great marketing campaign suckered America.

But don't expect a lot of good feedback and I bet we'll just get a Wolverine movie or two out of the end of this though.

There, fixed it for you.....;)

They really know their **** when it comes to marketing.

David33 said:
No way....with these numbers X4 is a safe bet.Do you really think a Wolverine solo movie would make that much??..not in a million years..and Fox knows this.
I bet you all the money I have that an X-Men 4 with this cast will never happen, man...I don't think they can do it..

-TNC

TNC9852002 said:
I bet you all the money I have that an X-Men 4 with this cast will never happen, man...I don't think they can do it..

-TNC

After this opening weekend, future salaries would balloon the budget to Spiderman 3 heights...

I'm expecting a Wolverine spinoff starring Hugh Jackman and an X4 starring Halle Berry.

My theory is that X3 has been tracking well so the Fox execs started thinking about X4 several weeks ago. So we get the "disagreement" between Hugh and Halle about whether there will be an X4. It gives Hugh an opportunity to sell the idea of his spinoff leaving Halle to promote the idea that if fans makes X3 a success there could be an X4 and that she'd love to do it.

Instead of a young X-Men spinoff we could see Storm and the young X-Men.

Strgts said:
Opening Weekend means nothing. ANY Movie can have a good Opening Weekend. Its what happens after & DVD Sales that matter

You are correct to some degree. Counting inflation, Batman Forever, made more money than Begins. Yet which is the better movie? Box office just means people were interested in watching the movie. But, of course, this huge box office does allow FOX to greenlit an X-Men 4.

TNC9852002 said:

-TNC

Not with the same cast,of course,but adding some new characters...and I bet that Gambit would be the main new mutant...

Pickle-El said:
Therein lies the double edged sword of X3 making this kind of money opening day.....

I knew it would have a big opening, being a holiday weekend with no competition to speak of. But I think most people (i.e. not the fandom on this board), will not want repeated viewings of this movie.

I wouldn't even be suprised if it beat Spider-man's weekend record, but that's only due to inflationary factors.

X-4 would be a long time away anyway. Halle Berry said on one of her interviews its her last X-Men Movie, Jackman will be doing the Wolverine movie and Cykes, Jean, and maybe Professor X are dead. Nothing is left for a long time.

I'm not sure if I want another. I think X3 doesn't deserve a sequel, neither the studio. Although I'd love xfilms for the rest of my life, but I'm now dissapointed with the final result.

DACrowe said:
The opening means a good marketing campaign suckered America.

That's what we got the first two times, and bad ones at that.

Angamb said:
I'm not sure if I want another. I think X3 doesn't deserve a sequel, neither the studio. Although I'd love xfilms for the rest of my life, but I'm now dissapointed with the final result.

I agree, When I saw X2 it made me want another X-men movie. But after watching X3 I did'nt get the same feeling.

Angamb said:

I agree, just pull the plug. This was a disgrace.

I thought this was actually a great "ending" to the trilogy (with some disappointements of course, Rogue for example). :)

I believe that the box office success will guarantee more X-Men films. :D
No more Storm, no more Rogue, no more MAgneto and Mystique ?
Well, the franchise can restart with a new team and new villains, the X-franchise is THAT rich enough !

And maybe we'll finally forget about the Gambit-whining crew when they get their due lol ! ;)

This movie was for all intents and purposes mediocre... It had no character development and was all style over substance. If they were to make a 4, it'd be completely ridiculous to bring Xavior back to his old form, it'd be ******ed to bring back Magneto for the umpteeth time, it'd be completely counter-productive to give rogue and mystique back there powers, etc. If I was the writer, which I'm not and probably never will be, there is plenty there to go off on with rich story. I would for ONCE, chose two or three characters and just focus on there story, and then have hte rest be supporting characters who have small subplots tied in. For example... I think showing Rogue really regretting the loss of her powers would be a great set-up because she was just a teenager, and teenager do stupid things. As well as Wolverine regret for not taking a more parental role when she had no one. Also another subplot being the fact that beast's job is completely useless and just again for show. And finally introduce something that doesn't involve a US government conspiracy or one of Magneto's offlandish plans, introduce something where the X-Men have to finally stand up to as heros, show them as a super-team, for that's what they are. These are just my thoughts on this, if your going do X4, at least give us something new and flesh out these characters, there all the same since X1.

This no character development this is getting old..

People have been saying this since the first film... :mad:

-TNC

I honestly dont want an x3 sequel! x4 with a good cast/crew and new story can stand alone! and i thinks thats whats going to happen. x3 wrapped a trilogy, after that you can either start prequels or start NEW stories..which i want!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"