XBox 360 Investigation

KALEL114

Returned
Reaction score
You knew this would happen sooner or later.

X-Box 360 Investigation

The Law Firms of Wasserman, Comden, and Casselman, LLP of Los Angeles, California and Stritmatter, Kessler, Whelan, Coluccio of Seattle, Washington are investigating consumer complaints regarding the Microsoft X-Box 360 Video Game Console.
Many consumers have complained that the X-Box 360 Console scratches game disks while they are being played. The scratches leave the disk ruined and unplayable.
WCC and SKWC have filed a lawsuit in the United States District Court Western District of Washington at Seattle on behalf of a nationwide class of consumers who have suffered scratched game disks while using their X-Box 360 Console. The lawsuit seeks: reimbursement for consumers for the cost of games damaged by the Console, reimbursement for consumers who have paid a $20 fee to Microsoft Corporation under a limited disk replacement program offered on ten Microsoft games, repair, free of charge, the Consoles to prevent disks from being scratched, and/or reimbursement for consumers who have paid for an aftermarket repair solution.
If you have experienced problems with your X-Box 360 Console, we would like to hear from you. Please fill out the information form below, and we may contact you for more information.
Please see the Disclaimer page on this website for important information regarding communications with Wasserman, Comden & Casselman, L.L.P.

http://www.n4g.com/ClickOut.aspx?ObjID=56921

There are actually some X36 games we get in as trades at Gamestop that have carved circles on the bottom. Others come in and people state that their 360 burnt their disc...lol I'm glad my 360 is behaving *knocks on wood*

my xbox tore up my rainbow six game. and they wont replace it or pay to get it resurfaced.
it sucks

You knew this would happen sooner or later.

X-Box 360 Investigation

Many consumers have complained that the X-Box 360 Console scratches game disks while they are being played. The scratches leave the disk ruined and unplayable.

I guess the idiots don't know that if you move the console while it's powered on with a disc inside it, chances are that disc will get scratched to hell

I wish these lawyers the best of luck. They are going up against a corporation that has more money than God. This lawsuit is a waste of time.

I've never had a disc get scratched in my 360...I had one get scratched in my original xbox when one of my friends moved it though...I think the same s**t is happening to these idiots, and now they're trying to con MS out of a few bucks (seeing as it's class action, everyone will get something like a $10 gift card to IHOP after lawyer fees, if they win).

look, a disc should'nt be scratched at all in a game machine when you move it, if it happens then its poordesign on MS side. has playstaion and nintendo consolse had these problems before? nope! only MS has and they deserved to get sued.

look, a disc should'nt be scratched at all in a game machine when you move it, if it happens then its poordesign on MS side. has playstaion and nintendo consolse had these problems before? nope! only MS has and they deserved to get sued.

When I bought my PS2, there was this little thing included with my system called an instruction booklet. And it specifically said "Moving the PS2 with a disc inside can damage the disc." And even though the Xbox wasn't designed to sit on it's side, a similar message was included in it's manual as well.

While I don't have a 360, I'd guess a similar message would be included in the manual. Same could be said for the Wii and PS3.

I guess the idiots don't know that if you move the console while it's powered on with a disc inside it, chances are that disc will get scratched to hell

It's about time someone's mentioned that. :up:

When I bought my PS2, there was this little thing included with my system called an instruction booklet. And it specifically said "Moving the PS2 with a disc inside can damage the disc." And even though the Xbox wasn't designed to sit on it's side, a similar message was included in it's manual as well.

While I don't have a 360, I'd guess a similar message would be included in the manual. Same could be said for the Wii and PS3.

yeah but you dont ahve taht many people *****ing about the othertwo do you? like i said poor design must be the problem ifso many are complaning about it.

It's not just moving it that causes the scratches. The damn thing is just ****ing up and scratching ish. It's gotta either something wrong with the hardware or the design. So, I concur with GoldenAge. I'm amazed PS3 isn't having a similar problem. They packed that thing to the brim with stuff. Then again, it has the size of a 4 year old hippo.

It's about time someone's mentioned that. :up:

yeah but you dont ahve taht many people *****ing about the othertwo do you? like i said poor design must be the problem ifso many are complaning about it.

It's not just moving it that causes the scratches. The damn thing is just ****ing up and scratching ish. It's gotta either something wrong with the hardware or the design. So, I concur with GoldenAge. I'm amazed PS3 isn't having a similar problem. They packed that thing to the brim with stuff. Then again, it has the size of a 4 year old hippo.

CLICK THE LINK! :cmad:

proof has already been provided :csad:

Americans are stupid. They dont read the instructions. So when they kick their system while its running and it destroys their disk, they go running to the nearest law firm to sue. As i said before, this is a waste of time and this lawsuit will go NO where.

Some people still don't get it. Just wait 'til the damn Falcon comes out.

Some people still don't get it. Just wait 'til the damn Falcon comes out.

There's nothing saying the Falcon will be void of any of these problems.

Not that i've had these problems. My system has never scratched a disc. Nor did my older one. My ps2 is the only system I ever had that disc scratched.

thanks for posting that hippy.proof is in the pudding folks. MS sucks and rushed its POS system out too damn fast. especially oputting out a system knowingly putting a signal that you Xbox ain't going to workanymore(red rings of death). they need to be sued big time.

thanks for posting that hippy.proof is in the pudding folks. MS sucks and rushed its POS system out too damn fast. especially oputting out a system knowingly putting a signal that you Xbox ain't going to workanymore(red rings of death). they need to be sued big time.

They've done everything they need to do to rectify the situation by extending the warrenty and refunding those who paid for repair. Anyone who wants more than that is greedy. I doubt the number of scratched discs is any higher than past systems.

They've done everything they need to do to rectify the situation by extending the warrenty and refunding those who paid for repair. Anyone who wants more than that is greedy. I doubt the number of scratched discs is any higher than past systems.

actually if they knowingly used substandard components they need to recall the effected units

GoldenAge, get out of here...quickly. It'll be any second now when a whole army of Xbox "fans" come after your a**. Run...run for your mother****ing life!

GoldenAge, get out of here...quickly. It'll be any second now when a whole army of Xbox "fans" come after your a**. Run...run for your mother****ing life!

I'm an xbox fan, I just think they should recall the effected units :huh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"