Xbox 360 v.s. PS3

I think I might splurge and buy myself a shiny new Xbox360 for Christmas and maybe see about a deal on a PS3 on Black Friday.

Actually now that I fully remember, I would have bought it without Metal Gear Solid 4 on account that the MGS4 PS3 bundle was the last PlayStation 3 model with backwards compatibility. But if Sony didn't pull that feature, I certainly would have waited longer until the price went down even more.

Get a PS3. Unless you play a lot of FPS online, you'll get more out of the PS3. Since I got my PS3 2 years ago, I've bought 2 360 games, Crackdown 2 (which I traded a week later for a PS3 copy of Red Dead Redemption) and Toy Soldiers (XBLA game, mostly bought b/c I'm a WWI buff).

No. While Sony and Microsoft are obviously investing R&D money for their next consoles, they have no intention of releasing them anytime soon. Investors would be pissed with how much money Sony and Microsoft lost with the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. Developers have come out and said that there is still a lot that they can do with current consoles (with the exception of Crytek who want lots and lots of graphical power). It's just a horrible time economically to try and sell expensive hardware to consumers. Online functionality allows Sony and Microsoft to update their consoles with new features. And the main point of Sony and Microsoft releasing the PlayStation Move and Kinect was to extend the life of their consoles to at least 2014/2015.

I think Nintendo will try to release a new console with some graphic prowess now that both PS Move and Kinect have taken some shine off Wii's motion-detection ability, but I don't see either Sony or Microsoft releasing a new console anytime soon. However, that doesn't mean they aren't working at a new console system quietly at their R&D dept, though.

I'm positive both Sony and Microsoft are working on new consoles but they aren't going to start talking about them until they have a prototype they feel is ready and I'm hoping they take their time with that and avoid rushing it out.

Poor Nintendo, I hope they come up with more games than shovelware for their new console.

I doubt that we'll get the shovelware plague that had dominated the Wii. The reason why we had so much shovelware for the Wii was because Wii development is extremely cheap due to the Wii being recycled and improved GameCube technology. With the Wii U being more on par with the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, it's going to cost a lot more to develop games for the system. Something that shovelware publishers/developers like Data Design Interactive just aren't going to afford to do.

i haven't hooked it up yet

if i can keep the same name i had, i want to

Yeah, just sign in. Or reset your password if you can't remember it. You can sign into your account from any PS3.

i haven't hooked it up yet

if i can keep the same name i had, i want to

Yep, you can keep the same name and redownload your previous stuff. That information is stored within Sony and your trophies, saved data, and downloaded content are linked to your account, not your PS3.

Im a PS3 guy, nothing against the 360 but nothing outside of halo ever made me want to buy a 360. PS3 has more games that I like, like ressistance, uncharted and free online play. I know some people bash the online because its ethier slow or kicks you out of sessions but since 2007 I have only had a handful of times where the online experience sucked. I just dont like the idea of paying to get online on a 360 then to turn around pay my cable company as well, just not good business sense.

Last edited:
Im a PS3 guy, nothing against the 360 but nothing outside of halo ever made me want to buy a 360. PS3 has more guys that I like, like ressistance, uncharted and free online play. I know some people bash the online because its ethier slow or kicks you out of sessions but since 2007 I have only had a handful of times where the online experience sucked. I just dont like the idea of paying to get online on a 360 then to turn around pay my cable company as well, just not good business sense.

Freudian.

Here's an easy way to answer your question.

How often do you plan on playing Modern Warfare 3? If your answer isn't "every waking minute," then get a PS3.

Add a result for "I don't own a system" or something like that too please.

Here's an easy way to answer your question.

How often do you plan on playing Modern Warfare 3? If your answer isn't "every waking minute," then get a PS3.

Not true since I don't plan on playing MW3 every waking minute. I have FIFA 12 for that.:o

Add a result for "I don't own a system" or something like that too please.

Why would you want to know if people don't have a system when you're asking which one to get? :huh:

Not true since I don't plan on playing MW3 every waking minute. I have FIFA 12 for that.:o

My roommates are obsessed with FIFA. I am terrible at it, I couldn't even beat the computer when I was Arsenal and they were the Chivas.

There's a learning curve for sure but it's addictive as hell.

FIFA is freakin addicting...that and Gears of War 2 imo are what makes me love my xbox 360 (those are my super addictive games)

I you're going to get games available to both systems, I would HIGHLY recommend getting a 360 - the video quality is much better as they are first made for the 360 and then ported to the PS3.

I you're going to get games available to both systems, I would HIGHLY recommend getting a 360 - the video quality is much better as they are first made for the 360 and then ported to the PS3.

I'm no expert on the subject but I'm 99.9% sure that is highly inaccurate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"