1.  2022 SuperHeroHype Awards

The 2022 Hype Award Season, hosted by Lily Adler and ComicChick is officially live!

Voting is now over! Stay tuned for the awards ceremony!

The SuperHeroHype Awards

Western Yellowstone

Discussion in 'Misc. TV Series' started by Hunter Rider, Feb 28, 2018.

1. Hunter Rider Ronin

Been thinking of checking this out, what's your avvy from btw?

2. ArmsHeldOut Registered

A BBC show called Taboo with Tom Hardy.

KaijuDude1992 likes this.
  3. KaijuDude1992 Registered

Yep it feels like a lot of people have been sleeping on this series which is a shame considering it's actually a really solid show and Season 2 has been great so far.

4. KaijuDude1992 Registered

That show needs to seriously hurry up and comeback lol. It feels like we have been waiting forever for a Season 2.

ArmsHeldOut likes this.
  5. ArmsHeldOut Registered

While it's yet to catch on with fanboy communities like this one, the show's actually been performing very well with larger audiences. As per Deadline, it "ranks as the most-watched original cable entertainment telecast this summer and the highest-rated among P25-54, M25-54, and M18-49."

‘Yellowstone’ Season 2 Premiere Sets More Ratings Records For Paramount Network – Deadline

On a side note, the latest episode was a real game-changer for a certain character. I definitely wasn't expecting that.

6. ArmsHeldOut Registered

Because we have! lol

7. Calvin Ellis Retired

This series feels very much like a western mix Sons of Anarchy & Succession.

MurkeNyou and KaijuDude1992 like this.
  8. MurkeNyou Registered

Season 3 starts tonight...

9. ArmsHeldOut Registered

Loved the first two seasons, but this one's been disappointing thus far.

10. KaijuDude1992 Registered

I'm still enjoying it so far, but it does feel like not a whole lot is happening plot progression wise and there are so many damn new characters this season for some reason. I'm still waiting for them to do something interesting with Josh Hollaway's character, but it seems like he's just some boring, generic corporate land developer.

ArmsHeldOut likes this.
  11. ArmsHeldOut Registered

These last two episodes have been a return to form.
    Walker's back with a vengeance!

12. KaijuDude1992 Registered

I still don't like the fact that we had to wait so long for stuff to start actually happening, but yeah these last couple of episodes have been great and hopefully this season ends on a strong note.

ArmsHeldOut likes this.
  13. ArmsHeldOut Registered

Exactly this. The episodes could stand to be a few minutes longer as well. Without commercials, they're only 45 minutes generally speaking.

14. Calvin Ellis Retired

Finally caught up on this season. Overall I was not that impressed. I do like how they explained why Beth is so hateful to Jamie but at the same time I think they could've showed him some sort of compassion and forgiveness since his heart was in the right place and since they both were young at the time. I also hate how they just completely forgot that Jamie is supposed to be a father now because between how his dad treated him and if they made something happen to the baby and Beth being at fault; would've been much better to explain his turn against the family other than never really being loved and accepted because truth is Kayce and Lee loved and accepted him as did the mom. It's just John and Beth that didn't so they should've explained that better.

#39 Calvin Ellis, Sep 3, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2020
  15. KaijuDude1992 Registered

As good as the last couple of episodes were this season overall was still a pretty significant step down from the previous two seasons. So many characters were introduced yet none of them really made any impact and man was I expecting so much more from Josh Hollaway's character, but they barely did anything with him this season. It was just more of the same family melodrama, but without anything significant happening around it.

Calvin Ellis likes this.
  16. Prison Mike Don't drop the soap!

I just binged all 3 seasons this past week. This show is really something! Jamie is such a tragic character, IMO. I’ve really hated Beth, but they did soften her up in the third season. I don’t know, I’m kind of rooting for Jamie at this point. Nobody is innocent in this show and I honestly don’t think he’s done anything worse than everyone else in this show. Monica is probably the only innocent one on this show.

17. Calvin Ellis Retired

That's where I'm at because of how John and Beth treated him it just has you rooting for Jamie.

MurkeNyou and Prison Mike like this.
  18. ArmsHeldOut Registered

Looking forward to this one.

KaijuDude1992 and Calvin Ellis like this.
  19. Calvin Ellis Retired

Just rewatched all three seasons again and my opinion hasn't changed still rooting for Jamie because of how he was treated. I get what happened to Beth sucks but it also sucks to put all that reasonability on another teenage boy and expect him to make the right choice as well. As I have said in the past I'll say it now Beth can be mad at Jamie all she wants but she has to also realize they were two young people faced with very hard choices. John, on the other hand just always hated Jamie and never showed him love so there's that too. This is why I say I can't blame Jamie if he is behind what happened at the end of the season.

KaijuDude1992 and Prison Mike like this.
  20. Prison Mike Don't drop the soap!

I forgot but did John find out about what happened between Beth and Jamie?

21. Calvin Ellis Retired

Yep didn't bother to ask the why's just threatened to kill Jamie. Never mind that Jamie told Beth she should talk to their dad or go to a better hospital or wait. He just pretty much disowned him.

Prison Mike likes this.
  22. Pennywise Registered

23. Prison Mike Don't drop the soap!

Same night as Dexter revival!