You are President

hippie_hunter said:
The First Amendment...advocates a separation of church and state.
As I and many others have stated numerous times before, the First Ammendment was written to protect the church from being controlled by the government, not to abolish all Godly influences from this country. So many people cite the first part of the Ammendment when faced with this issue ("Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion..."), yet they omit the entire second half ("...nor prohibit the free exercise thereof."). That last part is 100% absolutely crucial to the spiritual foundation and integrity of this country. Christians and their views are often either ridiculed or simply shoved aside, because it's not the "popular thing" to fight for. Judges (appointed by the government) should have no right to demand or order the removal of Christian displays from public areas. Hell, to do that, you'd have to completely demolish many of the oldest buildings in Washington, which have stone carving of Jesus, the disciples, Moses, and the Commandments permanently built on them. Its become both ludicrous an insane to see this country rapidly going from "one nation under God" to "one nation over God". That's not the way it should be.

As I and many others have stated numerous times before, the First Ammendment was written to protect the church from being controlled by the government, not to abolish all Godly influences from this country. So many people cite the first part of the Ammendment when faced with this issue ("Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion..."), yet they omit the entire second half ("...nor prohibit the free exercise thereof."). That last part is 100% absolutely crucial to the spiritual foundation and integrity of this country. Christians and their views are often either ridiculed or simply shoved aside, because it's not the "popular thing" to fight for. Judges (appointed by the government) should have no right to demand or order the removal of Christian displays from public areas. Hell, to do that, you'd have to completely demolish many of the oldest buildings in Washington, which have stone carving of Jesus, the disciples, Moses, and the Commandments permanently built on them. Its become both ludicrous an insane to see this country rapidly going from "one nation under God" to "one nation over God". That's not the way it should be.

There is no spiritual foundation to this country. The Founding Fathers were complete advocates of the separation of church and state, do some research and you'd find that out yourself.

It was designed to protect those who have different views than traditional Protestant Christianity (Catholics, Puritans, Quakers, Jews) so they can practice whatever their faith was without fear of persecution from the government like the groups I mentioned who faced persecution in England and other parts of Europe.

While it doesn't abolish all Godly influences and it also protects religion from the government exactly like you say. It also protects the government from dangerous religious influence. It prohibits the government from promoting one faith (Christianity) over the others (Judaism, Islam, Hinduism, atheism). It prohibits the government from interfering with the affairs of religion as long as it isn't dangerous and it prohibits religion from interfering with the affairs of government. The wall of separation which Thomas Jefferson stated.

I honestly don't give a damn about Christian imagery being on display. Even though I am an atheist, I do respect the value of the Ten Commandments, the teachings of Jesus, etc. and what they represent. And they also have a heavy influence on laws throughout the world (like murder, stealing, etc. being illegal). I don't see simple imagery as taking an active promotion of Christianity over other religions and there is nothing at all offensive about them. I even find it absurd when people cry for Nativity scenes and Christmas trees to be taken down during the Holidays.

However, taking an active Christian policy is a big no-no for our government. It is prohibited in the Constitution and democracy cannot have its government actively promote one faith over the other when there are millions of its own people do not practice such a faith.

I know we have had some stuff similar to this.
But honestly, I really find it interesting to see what everyone would do.

If you were elected President:
What would be your first day activity?

Who would you have as your VP?

Who would you have as your cabinet?

What would be your number one issue for your presidency...the MAIN thing you want to "resolve" before you tackle anything else?
Speak to the American People about my personal Objectives, where I would like to see this country go. Sell the FairTax, make it my Number#1 issue, disspell any myths and untruths out there. Let people know how their personal Liberties are under attack by both sides of Government.

Neal Boortz, but he wouldn't take it, so probably someone like Fredick W. Smith or Zell Miller.

I would have to think about this more

What would be your number one issue for your presidency...the MAIN thing you want to "resolve" before you tackle anything else?

Everyone knows here it is the FairTax. Other than that, National Security, Allied Relations, and Personal Economic Liberty. PEL means, you have the right to make the decision to make money or not. It's your right.

I would enact a 10th Amendment Commission, that would sort out whether Federal Programs are better served by the Constitution if the States were incharge of said Programs. Every issue would have a maximum of 10 months to decide whether that program should remain a Federal Program. The Commission would be made up of 75 people, 1 person would represent each state, 20 would be elected representitives of the people, 2 would represent the Executive Branch and the Presidents interests, 2 would represent the Judical Branch and one would be a Moderater of sorts. They would deal with each issue, one at a time. If they decide that the Federal Program is either better dealt at the State and Local Level, the Federal Program would be dissolved. If they decide that the Constitution Does indeed grant the Federal Government such powers, they would review the processes and make sure it is efficent.

Super...interesting idea.
I like it...Mine was not a grand as yours.

Average teacher salaries in America are 50,000 a year, give or take a couple thousand depending on the state.

Median-Salary-by-Years-Experience--.jpg

You'd like to raise that to 200,000 a year? That is a bit extreme.

We have the money, I rather investing in America's kids then new Bombs that we'll most like never use.

Furthermore, how exactly would you have the authorization to do that being as schools fall under state and local jurisdictions, not federal.[/quote]

Federal Grants.

Also, building new state of the art schools across America would literally
cost trillions of dollars. Far more than 20 % of the military budget (especially since you want to pay every teacher 200 grand a year out of that 20 %).

I personally don't see the education problem

On average, 50% of eighth graders can't read at their grade level. I see an astronomical problem.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/05/23/education/23schools.html?fta=y

I think the feds should give states money for new books and learning material, but teachers are not the problem.
The problem is students are not willing to learn. You can bring a horse to water, but you can't make it drink. At the end of the day, if these children have no desire to learn, no matter what kind of school, books, computers, or teachers they have, they simply will not.[/quote]

The scores from the 2006 Program for International Student Assessment showed that U.S. 15-year-olds trailed their peers from many industrialized countries. The average science score of U.S. students lagged behind those in 16 of 30 countries in the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development, a Paris-based group that represents the world's richest countries. The U.S. students were further behind in math, trailing counterparts in 23 countries.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/12/04/AR2007120400730.html

If the federal government wishes to get involved in education, they should work on putting together a few entirely free universities for the students who do have a desire to learn.

That would be part of my plan, some foreign countries offer free College educations, while the schools are prestine, the option is still there.

Why not just not cut the military budget? I mean, you say you want to cut the military budget in one paragraph, then you go onto say you divert foreign aide money to give the military more funding? Kinda doesn't make sense.

http://www.allcountries.org/uscensus/1320_u_s_foreign_military_aid_by.html

Makes sense to me, because they're 2 distinct catagories.

Get the scientists working on the tube technology immediately, legalize marijuna, no more rich people or poor people.

KG

There would be parliment, no cabinet

Hoping that people just got these references:csad:

A song by Tencious D called "City Hall," and that I don't know how to answer these questions practically:csad:

I figured you were and uneducated adolescent who was unwilling to post seriously...

Go figure!

:)

I figured you were and uneducated adolescent who was unwilling to post seriously...

Go figure!

:)

Well they are very difficult questions that I couldn't answer off the top of my head without giving it significant thought due to the implications of every action or move you make as President. For example, what do Presidents usually do in their first day on the job?

Well they are very difficult questions that I couldn't answer off the top of my head without giving it significant thought due to the implications of every action or move you make as President. For example, what do Presidents usually do in their first day on the job?

Honestly I have no idea.
I would IMAGINE .. a pep talk to the troops (the staffers he has) plus a good run down of things as they sit in the arena of defence

I'd probably arrange a meeting with Congress, the House, and the Joint Chiefs to outline my 4-year plan for the country in a general fashion.

Not sure, but definittely someone with both a sound political mind and a strong Christian faith...maybe Mike Huckabee.

I can honestly say "I don't know", since I'm no political guru, and wouldn't know exactly who to pick. But ideally, I'd want individuals who weren't pushovers, yet not bullies either. I'd want people who would abide by what Patrick Henry once said: "Christ first, our country next!"

Generally speaking, my main goal would be to bring this country back to its moral and spiritual roots, from the days where it was accepted that God, not the people, is the foundation of this nation. We are a country of the people, by the people, and for the people, yes...but we should never base this country's foundation on the rapidly-changing and often-destructive blanket of human principles. God should be placed as our eternal Rock, no other.

Not even the politics forum is sacred anymore...

I would enact a 10th Amendment Commission, that would sort out whether Federal Programs are better served by the Constitution if the States were incharge of said Programs. Every issue would have a maximum of 10 months to decide whether that program should remain a Federal Program. The Commission would be made up of 75 people, 1 person would represent each state, 20 would be elected representitives of the people, 2 would represent the Executive Branch and the Presidents interests, 2 would represent the Judical Branch and one would be a Moderater of sorts. They would deal with each issue, one at a time. If they decide that the Federal Program is either better dealt at the State and Local Level, the Federal Program would be dissolved. If they decide that the Constitution Does indeed grant the Federal Government such powers, they would review the processes and make sure it is efficent.

That's a good idea.

A dang good idea . . . :up:

1. Pull out of Iraq
2. Sign the Kyoto thingamajig
3. put Britney Spears in prison
4. Build a Bob Sanders shrine in each Major city

that is all.

I'm him. That's why I had to vote #3 out. Poor girl. :( :O

:hehe::grin:

don't ban me :csad:

I'll let you off this time, but you better not speak ill of the future World Series champs again! :cmad: (and by future I mean 2046 :csad:)

Nate McLouth isn't awful. :(

They're all awful. They are a glorified minor league team. Especially that bum Adam LaRouche. Left 20 runners stranded in their two games this weekend. This is supposed to be our high priced slugger. Instead of trying to sign a new contract with him, they should start negotiations to keep Xavier Nady long term, then rebuild and actually use their money to buy a decent team. Their entire payroll is only half of what they get in shared revenue alone. Ownership is more concerned with having a profitable losing team than a winning team. Until fans start boycotting them, they won't win. Why can't Mark Cuban just buy them? :csad:

Matt: how about keeping it on topic :wink:

Matt: how about keeping it on topic :wink:

:o :O

Fine.

If I were president, I would sign an executive order declaring Mark Cuban the owner of the Pittsburgh Pirates. If they still do not win, I would sign an executive order demanding that the Red Sox and Yankees split their starters and give them to the Pirates :cwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"