• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sci-Fi You Get A Prize, Honey - The 'Doctor Who' Thread

I dont know, maybe after the season ends I need to binge it but right now I am just not feeling it.

I'm really looking forward to the new creative team coming in next season.

So what's wrong with The Doctor after Missy obviously sensing something wrong with him?

Dang that penultimate episode was so good.

The Mondas Cybermen were legit scary. I don't know what sacrifice will have to happen to save Bill.

I wonder why Missy doesn't remember being on the ship. I know the Master version won't remember meeting Missy cause of the Day of the Doctor rule about meeting past versions, but she doesn't seem to recognize the ship at all.

Very impressed with how they managed to take the rather dated and silly looking Mondasian Cybermen and turn them into pure nightmare fuel. Loved the Master's reveal as well, I legitimately didn't notice that was Simm until he walked into the room with Missy, and I was completely caught off guard. This episode played my emotions like a fiddle the whole way through.

There must be something Timey-Wimey about the "wait for me" version that appears to Bill but I can't figure it out.

Plus in the trailer for next week the Doctor's hand regenerates in the grass?

There must be something Timey-Wimey about the "wait for me" version that appears to Bill but I can't figure it out.

I'm thinking Twelve's regeneration could be very slow-burn, kinda like how Ten took awhile for the radiation poisoning to finally make him so weak that the regeneration kicked in.

I enjoyed this episode.

And that said, the Mondasian Cybermen are much creepier than the new who Cybermen.

Moffat leaving the show can't come fast enough.

I'm just not feeling this season at all. After every episode I'm just like "meh" and forget about it 2 minutes after.

Hope the new Doctor and showrunner can give the show a much needed change like series 5 did after Tennant/Davies left.

The 'wait for me' Doctor was the subconscious implant/suggestion he put in Bill when the creepy dudes took her into the elevator.

And yes, 2 settings shown for an oncoming regeneration. Apparently the opening one in the snow was shot just a couple of weeks ago (his hair does seem a bit longer/wilder in that).

KillerMcQueen may well be correct and the finale sets up the regeneration but it's a slow burner like Tennant's and he might hold it off for a while before turning at the end of the Xmas special. Maybe...

Liked the touch at the end with the tear btw, dropping out where the later generation Cybermen would have that little bit added to their eyelets.

The 'wait for me' Doctor was the subconscious implant/suggestion he put in Bill when the creepy dudes took her into the elevator.

Thanks. I missed that.

Well I have no idea how he is going to undo it cause the Mondas Cybermen have to be created to cause the First Doctor's regeneration.

But I'm not sure Moffat wants to be the reason Bill ends up a Cyberman. Unless this ends up some kind of quest for the 13th Doctor to fix her when he finds a chance.

And yes, 2 settings shown for an oncoming regeneration. Apparently the opening one in the snow was shot just a couple of weeks ago (his hair does seem a bit longer/wilder in that).

KillerMcQueen may well be correct and the finale sets up the regeneration but it's a slow burner like Tennant's and he might hold it off for a while before turning at the end of the Xmas special. Maybe...

I haven't been a fan of the slow burn. I liked how 11 just popped into 12 cause he threw all his regeneration at the Daleks.

We'll see.

Thanks. I missed that.

Well I have no idea how he is going to undo it cause the Mondas Cybermen have to be created to cause the First Doctor's regeneration.

But I'm not sure Moffat wants to be the reason Bill ends up a Cyberman. Unless this ends up some kind of quest for the 13th Doctor to fix her when he finds a chance.

I'd guess he figures out a way to save her without undoing the Cybermen's 'genesis'. I'd be surprised if he doesn't as they had Danny Pink meet that same grim fate not so long ago.

I haven't been a fan of the slow burn. I liked how 11 just popped into 12 cause he threw all his regeneration at the Daleks.

We'll see.

Well, Smiths was a sort of slow burn. His ancient body was restored to youth first before the quick jolt into Capaldi (told Clara he was still 'cooking' iirc).

And Moffat has said they are doing something different with this regeneration so its anyone's guess I suppose. I like the full flare up and morph myself, but not keen on the idea he can hold it back like 10 did.

I'd guess he figures out a way to save her without undoing the Cybermen's 'genesis'. I'd be surprised if he doesn't as they had Danny Pink meet that same grim fate not so long ago.

Making it something easy to undo once fully converted would deeply undercut the menace of the Mondas Cybermen.

Hopefully Moffat doesn't drop the ball.

Well, Smiths was a sort of slow burn. His ancient body was restored to youth first before the quick jolt into Capaldi (told Clara he was still 'cooking' iirc).

And Moffat has said they are doing something different with this regeneration so its anyone's guess I suppose. I like the full flare up and morph myself, but not keen on the idea he can hold it back like 10 did.

Since this is the first regeneration of a new cycle, I hope it's a simple matter of the engine won't "jump" fully so he needs some help to fully change. The regeneration won't go through and might kill him if he doesn't.

The Master stole new bodies so this is really one of the first times a Time Lord has gone beyond the 13 limit.

Number One is in the house:)

Anyone else have sound issues during the last five minutes? I could hear the music but the voices were inaudible. (I'm watching it on iplayer now so i can hear what was actually said).

Anyone else have sound issues during the last five minutes? I could hear the music but the voices were inaudible. (I'm watching it on iplayer now so i can hear what was actually said).

No issue for me. Was watching it on BBC1 HD.

Same with me, must have been a regional issue.

0XlkmUe.jpg

Good finale. Sad to see Bill and Capaldi leave, but that is the nature of the show.

I'd heard the rumors that Bradley would be appearing as the first Doctor, but didn't think they'd actually end up being true, definitely a great surprise, really looking forward to seeing him do an actual episode as the Doctor.

Missy's exit was kind of anti-climactic. I wish she'd made it back to stand with The Doctor.

Missy's exit was kind of anti-climactic. I wish she'd made it back to stand with The Doctor.

It made sense though. The person the Doctor talks about as his friend is true. It's not just wishful thinking. The Master is just a "literal" self-sabotaging a-hole instead of just evil.

I didn't like the Heather-machina reveal but it does keep the conversion as something that can't be overcome easily.

It's going to be awesome getting a modern version of One. Hopefully Susan gets a mention(wish she'd come in, too).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"