You Get A Prize, Honey - The 'Doctor Who' Thread

That was heaps of fun. I’m glad it wasn’t just an apocalyptic story. It’s interesting, Ncuti almost reminds me of the 9th Doctor a bit.

I spent the whole episode thinking Mrs flood was Ruby’s mum but that last line sent me. I really love the theory that
flood=pond=river. Mrs flood is bigenerated River

im also really excited to see 15 focus on family. And Ncuti is a really good singer!

Interesting theory. I had a similar thought to Ruby being connected in a different way however.

The mystery of who her mother is being someone from the future who dropped her off in the past for whatever reason and she will find out some connection to the Doctor that way. Like her mother is only a child right now and she will meet her, not knowing it yet. They really hammered in the coincidences this episode leading me to think this isn't all that much of a coincidence. I suspect the Doctor has something to do with her mother.

Last edited:
That was heaps of fun. I’m glad it wasn’t just an apocalyptic story. It’s interesting, Ncuti almost reminds me of the 9th Doctor a bit.

I spent the whole episode thinking Mrs flood was Ruby’s mum but that last line sent me. I really love the theory that
flood=pond=river. Mrs flood is bigenerated River

im also really excited to see 15 focus on family. And Ncuti is a really good singer!

Granted its been a while, but I did very much think about the old first episode with 9 with this episode.

I also think that guy who was going to propose to his wife, that might be ruby’s dad. Hence the future theory still holds.

it might be fun if the big bad of the series is an original RTD creation and not someone from the clsssic series

Sea devils is an interesting choice. But I’m open to anything if the story is good

I've heard she's supposed to be in 3 episodes of the next season. But if it's true she's leaving after only one year on the show, then yeah, it sucks. :(

I mean, its not exactly abnormal. Especially for RTD. I mean, I suspect if Eccelston wasn't leaving, Rose would have been a one season companion as well.

Yeah, with most other shows this would be a big deal, but it's very much business as usual for Doctor Who, we haven't even had a Doctor stick around for more than a few seasons and specials since Tom Baker all the way back in the 70's/80's (and on that subject, happy 90th to Tom Baker today).

Last edited:
Oh that’s a shock! But RTD does love changing the roster each season. It’s not unheard of. I’m sure the new companion will be fabulous

I loved that new trailer! I love that every film franchise is so dark and gritty not except for Doctor who which has just gone full technicolour

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"