Young Avengers - Hulkling question...

spark627

Sidekick
Reaction score
I bought hard-cover Young Avengers collections (the entire series). In the back, there are character descriptions and for Hulkling it says Ted will reveal he is actually a girl, when did this happen? Was this an original idea that they scrapped?

It was an idea that was scrapped. Heinberg just made him gay instead.

Well, according to what I read, Wiccan and Hulkling were to have a relationship, then Teddy reveals he is a she and then Wiccan feels confused over his sexuality. I'm glad that was scrapped though!

Yeah, the simple gay relationship is much easier on the brain. Maybe Heinberg scrapped the gender confusion because Vaughan basically did the same thing with Karolina and Xavin in Runaways.

I don't know if anyone else remembers but there was a thread about the family trees of Wiccan and Hulkling, since they both come from big and complex family trees.
I remember someone mentioned, maybe it was me, what if they had a child together. Well if Hulkling is actually female, then maybe that isn't too unlikely.

Yeah, the simple gay relationship is much easier on the brain. Maybe Heinberg scrapped the gender confusion because Vaughan basically did the same thing with Karolina and Xavin in Runaways.
His original plan was to have Hulkling be a girl because he felt that was as close as he could go to a gay relationship, but he decided to approach Joe Q/Brevoort about having Hulkling actually be gay, and they said he could go ahead with it.

im glad to kept it that way....i appreciate the fact that there are more prominent gay characters showing up in comics and actually sticking around for a while

Have they even kissed on panel yet?

Not that I'm going to be downloading Hulkling Yaoi or anything but I find it weird that they seem to have the least phsycial relationship ever.

I don't think I recall seeing them kiss. Heinberg probably would've thrown it in at some point if he ever actually wrote another issue. But I don't think we've seen Karolina and Xavin kiss either, have we?

I don't think I recall seeing them kiss. Heinberg probably would've thrown it in at some point if he ever actually wrote another issue. But I don't think we've seen Karolina and Xavin kiss either, have we?
i think ur right

I don't know, I'm horribly behind on Runaways.

Have they even kissed on panel yet?

Not that I'm going to be downloading Hulkling Yaoi or anything but I find it weird that they seem to have the least phsycial relationship ever.

they haven't kissed and are not very physical but they are also 16 so it might look weird to see 16 year olds going at it.

they haven't kissed and are not very physical but they are also 16 so it might look weird to see 16 year olds going at it.
i think it would be more tru to life actually.....kids at that age can barely keep their hand off each other...i think the writers are going for the "their gay but we dont need to throw it in your face all the time" which is cool

One gender-confused Skrull is enough for me.

How is Hulkling gender confused or altered?

He's not, that's just the point. Xavin was enough to fit that bill, and it's a good thing Allan Heinberg didn't follow suit with Teddy. It’s a unique plot element. You’ll ruin it if you use it more than once.

I got it on when I was 16.

A lot more than I get it on now!

:(

I got it on when I was 16.

A lot more than I get it on now!

:(

lol. well, being gay myself, at 16 i certainly wasn't!

i think they made a bold step by having gay couple but don't want to go to far and then have people complain (although some already have). after that whole gay cowboy thing they did, they have to be careful.

lol. well, being gay myself, at 16 i certainly wasn't!

i think they made a bold step by having gay couple but don't want to go to far and then have people complain (although some already have). after that whole gay cowboy thing they did, they have to be careful.

me neither.. hell my first time kissing a guy was 18... didn't get it on with a dude for another year.

rawhide kid was ridiculous... i found that demeaning actually. I love Billy and Teddy though with a passion. I like them the way they are, sex i don't care what side of the realistic fence your on.. i don't think its needed. but ill be cheering when we get first kiss

me neither.. hell my first time kissing a guy was 18... didn't get it on with a dude for another year.

rawhide kid was ridiculous... i found that demeaning actually. I love Billy and Teddy though with a passion. I like them the way they are, sex i don't care what side of the realistic fence your on.. i don't think its needed. but ill be cheering when we get first kiss

yea 18 was the magic number for me too lol.

i also LOVE Billy and Teddy, i think they have an awesome dynamic. i would live to see an actual kiss!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"