Official Young Avengers Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arkady Rossovich

Superhero
Reaction score
Well,im rather excited.Im going to get a Young Avengers TPB from my local dealer,i should get it in about 3-5 days.From what i hear,this is a real good comic.I also decided to give a new theme a chance,and see what it could be like.

Ill be sure to put up my thoughts here,since i did not see a thread that was ment to talk about the Young Avengers,i might as well make one.I hear that the YA will be cancled,and relaunched.Details?

Discuss the Young Avengers series,questions may also be put here.

not complaining, but dont we already have obne of these threads?

and if we're gonna start ANOTHER new thread, at least do it up. explain what the young avengers are. who they are and what they can do, just like what they do with the offical threads in the x-men section on this site

sorry if i seem testy today. my computer is being a sluuty ****e.

i wish i could go along with this, but i think Young avengers is basically a vastly less interesting rip off of the more popular Teen Titans from DC.

really? i think not. they're completly different in everyway. biggest difference? teen titans comes out on time. also i like them both. i'd like teen titans even more if they had a gay character though.

Actually to me it starts off pretty meh... I wanted more from patriot but, it seems i will the when the next issue comes out.

Wiccan is pretty cool. I hate how the Vision is a "kid". Hulkling is a Skrull!! GOD!! I've been waiting for a Skrull mainstream hero. Hawkingbird, she's meh. Feels like a typical "non powered hero, but full of leadership potential and confidence" that just kind of feels overdone here. CASSIE LANG!!! Oh dear Lord in heaven, yes. And to back that up... Patriot. Grandson of the original Cap'n America. Or at least the only surviving original Captain America.
And the speedster guy? Eh. Don't care. Don't really care too much about his relation to Wiccan either.

But I wish they'd bring Iron Lad back. He was my fave, and he's ALREADY gone.

But another good point, is that the homosexuals are guys. Rather than the current trend where it seems like every single new team has to have a lesbian or bisexual woman on the team. Including Runaways, Outsiders, and the Secret Six. But how many gay guys, eh? Just Young Avengers. Yeah, most people will say that's a dumb reason. But it feels like lesbians just seem to be surging into the comic books.

i still try to read kangs face as he watched his former team mates,was he angry,did he miss it? i dont know.I know this is one of the top ten best books out though.

Mistress Gluon said:
Wiccan is pretty cool. I hate how the Vision is a "kid". Hulkling is a Skrull!! GOD!! I've been waiting for a Skrull mainstream hero. Hawkingbird, she's meh. Feels like a typical "non powered hero, but full of leadership potential and confidence" that just kind of feels overdone here. CASSIE LANG!!! Oh dear Lord in heaven, yes. And to back that up... Patriot. Grandson of the original Cap'n America. Or at least the only surviving original Captain America.
And the speedster guy? Eh. Don't care. Don't really care too much about his relation to Wiccan either.

But I wish they'd bring Iron Lad back. He was my fave, and he's ALREADY gone.

But another good point, is that the homosexuals are guys. Rather than the current trend where it seems like every single new team has to have a lesbian or bisexual woman on the team. Including Runaways, Outsiders, and the Secret Six. But how many gay guys, eh? Just Young Avengers. Yeah, most people will say that's a dumb reason. But it feels like lesbians just seem to be surging into the comic books.
lesbians? Boooo:down :) j/k... sorta...

Young Avengers is not a Teen Titans rip off.

Why because there teens, DC fans always think that Marvel is biting off there ****.

I don't know much about these Young Avengers but can someone explain what the hell the Vision is doing there. I was one of the happiest people(why? cause I hate robots/android) when I saw She-Hulk rip his ass in half, now he's back? WTF?!?!

whatever happened to that create new Young Avengers threads?
I liked that, making Black Panther Jr. and guys like that.

Who's a lesbian in the Outsiders:confused:?

Someone remind me; when exactly is the new YA coming out again? It feels like it's been months...which, it has:(.

June 28th.

And Young Avengers is not a Teen Titans rip-off. You can say influenced but pretty much everything in comics ripped off someone else.

Eros said:
i wish i could go along with this, but i think Young avengers is basically a vastly less interesting rip off of the more popular Teen Titans from DC.

Not a rip off at all.

Can't believe it ends next Wednesday.Oh well,at least Mark is using them in CW.

They're teenage heroes with identities modeled on adult heroes who band together to form a team. That's basically the same description as Teen Titans. Young Avengers is doing different things with the concept, though, just like Squadron Supreme is doing different things with the basic JLA concept, the Sentry is doing different things with the Superman concept, etc. Right now Young Avengers is kicking the Teen Titans comic's ass in quality, too.
Slim31 said:
I don't know much about these Young Avengers but can someone explain what the hell the Vision is doing there. I was one of the happiest people(why? cause I hate robots/android) when I saw She-Hulk rip his ass in half, now he's back? WTF?!?!
It's the original Vision's operating system with Iron Lad's brain engrams instead of Wonder Man's. So he's basically Vision 2.0. And if you really hate robots that much, it sounds like you're not reading Young Avengers anyway, so it shouldn't be much of a problem for you.

He must not be reading much of anything.

He's probably just watching "Alien" over and over and now has taken Ripley's distaste for androids to himself.:confused:

Nah, I have to wait a couple of days. Damn direct deposit.

I hate how defensive DC fans get. People actually started saying how Infinite Crisis was ripped off with Civil War on other boards. How are they ANYTHING alike?? And as i sed before, Marvel created the summer crossover so meh to them.
And the same to those that say Young Avengers is a rip-off of Teen Titans. I think somebody should put proper bios of the characters on here, because i love this book. A half kree/half skrull hulk jnr who happens to be the son of Captain Marvel. Scarlet Witches long dead twins. A black super soldier. And some unique relationships on top of a teenage vision. It just kicks ass. Who cares if Teen Titans had youngsters first. Wasn't bucky like the original sidekick?So maybe marvel has more rights to a "sidekick team" than you think

GNR4Life said:
Anyone get #12 yet?

Aw man, I just turned the page to see you-know-who in uniform and I'm sooooo pumped! :D:D The codename could use a bit of work but i'll take it. The universe needs more of his kind anyway.

Hopefully the Young Avengers will last for years and some will become full Avengers and we can see them grow like Nova and Spider-Man. Now that'd be cool. I think Hulkling will end up being a major player in future marvel cosmic events.

Heck - ronan, super skrull, hulking mini-series after annihalation anyone? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"