The Dark Knight Rises Your expectations for TDKR so far

My expectations keep changing. When we started off with cast announcements, character announcements and the first picture of Bane my hopes were high, much like TDK. However, as time has gone on, it seems to vary depending on the scenes being shot and my vision of what the scene will be like in the movie from a third person perspective. I have no doubt my vision(s) will be different to that of Nolan, but I have trouble seeing how the football stadium scene will work in the film, along with the flying vehicle.

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm still very hyped for the movie and nothing else comes close. I just believe TDK raised the bar so high, that maybe my expectations are hard to match. With a lack of viral marketing, the buzz is slowly fizzling down when compared with TDK, but I'm hopeful this will change around Halloween/December with a little more steady official marketing, viral or not.

Regardless, my most liked aspects of the film so far are:
- Bane's costume design
- The idea that Bane is causing havoc in a new yet similar fashion to the Joker
- The league of shadows appear to be making a return
- The inclusion of the classic graveyard scene
- The potential fights between Batman and Bane

My slight gripes with the film so far:
- The football stadium scene (as mentioned above)
- The use of a flying vehicle (hard to envision how well this will work in Nolan's universe)
- It was always a worry about Cat Woman, whilst I think she fits well in Nolan's universe, I always had doubts she would look like a traditional Cat Woman and knew this would upset some people, causing a similar debate to the perma-white Joker problems from years ago.
- Miranda/Talia's? inclusion into the whole proceedings concerns me, but not as much as it should. I'm just worried about how her role will be portrayed in line with Bane. I hope they turn on each other towards the end of the film as if they're using each other or at the very least they have equal say in how the league is controlled. I just don't want to see Bane being Talia's muscle.

I'm kinda relaxed about this one compared to film one and especially film two. Certain rumours persist about the story that annoys me but other than that Chris has delivered good films his whole career and I have no reason to doubt he won't deliver again.

I was relaxed until the controversy over Bane's voice and Catwoman's suit began. I haven't liked what I've seen out of either one. Now I'm a bit worried.

I'm personally concerned that this film may be retreading Batman Begins in trying to come full circle, with the rumors of
  • Talia being involved and the League of Shadows returning. Is it really necessary?
  • Another doomsday device, this time, an earthquake machine. Why do we need to go there again?

Using a doomsday device is much like a gun, which can be used for different story purposes.

In Begins it was a threat that Batman had to defeat.

After looking at these pics....I think that Batman will not stop this device, and it will plunge Gotham into hell, which the device is serving a different purpose, and the end result may be more so that Batman just has to bring Gotham back. I just doubt it will be a re-hash. The promo pics I'm talking about are these that were at a convention of some sort held by Empire in the UK. It looks like from these pics....Gotham is going to get pretty shook up and ripped to hell. If so, the doomsday device is a different catalyst for the story.

tumblrlpv6olhtua1qj14gu.jpg

I was relaxed until the controversy over Bane's voice and Catwoman's suit began. I haven't liked what I've seen out of either one. Now I'm a bit worried.

Well I too am not that crash hot about Catwoman's look if that is the finished product, but I'm not really worried about it. The story is what I care about the most, but I'm not liking this linking back to film one stuff that's rumoured.

Using a doomsday device is much like a gun, which can be used for different story purposes.

In Begins it was a threat that Batman had to defeat.

After looking at these pics....I think that Batman will not stop this device, and it will plunge Gotham into hell, which the device is serving a different purpose, and the end result may be more so that Batman just has to bring Gotham back. I just doubt it will be a re-hash. The promo pics I'm talking about are these that were at a convention of some sort held by Empire in the UK. It looks like from these pics....Gotham is going to get pretty shook up and ripped to hell. If so, the doomsday device is a different catalyst for the story.

tumblrlpv6olhtua1qj14gu.jpg

That might be interesting.

Well I too am not that crash hot about Catwoman's look if that is the finished product, but I'm not really worried about it. The story is what I care about the most, but I'm not liking this linking back to film one stuff that's rumoured.

I completely agree.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"