Your Thoughts on Juggernaut?

I dunno... but I liked the part when Logan stabbed him in the arm. hehe. I didn't like what Juggs said in the beginning...I don't particularly like the end fo the fight scene with the lightening.

DarknessOfDeath said:
I dunno... but I liked the part when Logan stabbed him in the arm. hehe. I didn't like what Juggs said in the beginning...I don't particularly like the end fo the fight scene with the lightening.

I'll continue hoping for a restart so we can at least get a faithful more intimidating Juggernaut.

My puppy wouldn't even be scared of the version we received.

juggernaut.gif

I know there is no way a director or costume designer could pull off this look without it looking silly on the big screen.

juggernaut%202.jpg

I wish now they could've kept this look for him. :csad:

im referring to the extended scene. I hope your not starting again...not with me, I hope.

Nell2ThaIzzay said:
I don't have a problem with the costume.

When it was first revealed, someone even posted a picture directly from the comics in which Juggernaut looked EXACTLY as he does in the movie, so it's not like his appearance is unfaithful or anything.

I suppose your referring to the Ultimately Juggernaut costume.

I actually didn't mind Juggernaut's movie costume. It's when he puts on the helmet...

N_z0 said:

I actually didn't mind Juggernaut's movie costume. It's when he puts on the helmet...

I agree, when he put the helmet on, it looked nothing like the helmet in the comics.

Besides, Juggernaut is my least fave character. Yeah he's okay. But I think he didn't serve much to the story. I would have preferred Mystique over Juggers. I'd like to have seen a rematch between Logan and Mystique. Would have been nice. I would have taken quills out of the equation and Arclight. two stupid wasted mutants...Callisto was okay. but I think Magneto, Mystique and Pyro are ENOUGH. lol.. well were enough. okay. My rant is done :p

N_z0 said:

Well, just remember this.

juggernaut%202.jpg

His helmet should've looked exactly like this.

What exactly was the point of calling Ken Leung's character Kid Omega?

apparently that kid Omega name was a mistake, and it was too late or something to change it. Kinberg said it in some recent (around Comic Con i think) interview

Too late to change the name Kid Omega on the credits?

Nevertheless, Kinberg should have known that that's not how Kid Omega's powers work. Not in the slightest. He should have known better seeing as he's the biggest X-men fan in the world. Just ask Ratner. :p

N_z0 said:

Nevertheless, Kinberg should have known that that's not how Kid Omega's powers work. Not in the slightest. He should have known better seeing as he's the biggest X-men fan in the world. Just ask Ratner. :p

But, but according to X-Maniac, Danoyse, Boba Fett, and Nell, Kinberg is the biggest X-Men fan in the world and knows his material. That's why X3 was such a wonderful masterpiece!

:whatever: :wow: :wow:

N_z0 said:

There's more to this story than meets the eye. They must have chosen the name Kid Omega for a reason. Zak Penn says it was a 'screw-up' but i don't quite believe that. Kid Omega appears in the Endsong story (a Phoenix story) and is a powerful psychic with a resurrection ability. He is also one of the avatars for the Phoenix force.

I suspect (but have no evidence for this) that in early story structures he might have been intended to bring back Jean Grey (either at the beginning or end of the film) or corrupt her to darkness. It's also interesting to norte that Kid Omega and his gang went to a mutant tattooist and had their arms marked with an Omega symbol - and we do have these tattoos in the movie.

It would have been better than having him become Quill. Then we could have had Psylocke killing Dr Rao with her psi-blades instead.

i can't wait to see the original script for the movie, before Ratner made his "awesome changes".

When the script was leaked, we knew what would happen in the first two acts, but no one could ever imagine what would come in the third one (except for the huge battle). But then, Ratner arrives, and makes so much changes that he moves the part we knew from the plot (Golden Gate) to the third act, and changes most of the story, thus making us know everything that would come. That was a brilliant move from his part.

I'd rather get Magneto freeing prisioners from Alcatraz and the huge fight in Washington, than to have the Golden gate bridge (which we already knew exactly how would happen) in the final act. He simply made the only surprise left (the original third act) disappear.

flavio_lebeau said:
i can't wait to see the original script for the movie, before Ratner made his "awesome changes".

When the script was leaked, we knew what would happen in the first two acts, but no one could ever imagine what would come in the third one (except for the huge battle). But then, Ratner arrives, and makes so much changes that he moves the part we knew from the plot (Golden Gate) to the third act, and changes most of the story, thus making us know everything that would come. That was a brilliant move from his part.

I'd rather get Magneto freeing prisioners from Alcatraz and the huge fight in Washington, than to have the Golden gate bridge (which we already knew exactly how would happen) in the final act. He simply made the only surprise left (the original third act) disappear.

Regardless of what others may say, the original script is not much different than the one that was filmed.

The only MAJOR change was the Golden Gate Bridge section. Apparently it happens in the middle of the film, but Ratner opted to have it moved to the finale event.

Also the final battle was originally supposed to take place in Washington D.C., but Ratner and his infinite wisdom decided to take it to San Fransisco. :whatever: Seriously, how anyone can support Ratner, Penn, Kinberg, and Rothman is mind boggling to me. It just seems blasphemous that they literally defecated on the greatest story in comic book history.

This film was only made to make a quick buck.

LastSunrise1981 said:
Regardless of what others may say, the original script is not much different than the one that was filmed.

The only MAJOR change was the Golden Gate Bridge section. Apparently it happens in the middle of the film, but Ratner opted to have it moved to the finale event.

Also the final battle was originally supposed to take place in Washington D.C., but Ratner and his infinite wisdom decided to take it to San Fransisco. :whatever: Seriously, how anyone can support Ratner, Penn, Kinberg, and Rothman is mind boggling to me. It just seems blasphemous that they literally defecated on the greatest story in comic book history.

This film was only made to make a quick buck.

I don't know what real difference it would have made to your opinion of the movie if the final scenes were in Washington. You'd still get Cyclops vaporised, Rogue cured, no firebird, etc etc. This is only a location we are talking about here.

Brett said he made the decision because the bridge scene seemed epic/dramatic so it should lead straight to the climactic battle, rather than the movie reaching its peak in the middle (which was what happened in Superman, when the stuff with the island - Lex and henchmen beating him up, he recovers and throw it into space - happened in the middle of the movie, so the story then went on a downwards slope, drooping into a non-conclusive, non-climactic ending).

I'd like to see the original shooting script, but I've a feeling that there have been many rewrites along the way that it's hard to pinpoint an original shooting script! I'd still like to see some scripts though... what a shame they weren't in the Art of X3 book...

I like the original ideas of Alcatraz being a mutant prison, and of a battle scene in Washington... but you can see why they opted to streamline and simplify the locations (and save time and money as well as making the storyline stronger when the bridge leads to the battle).

There is more than one way they could have done the movie, and we all have our own ideas on what we wanted to make it our dream version...

X-Maniac said:
I don't know what real difference it would have made to your opinion of the movie if the final scenes were in Washington. You'd still get Cyclops vaporised, Rogue cured, no firebird, etc etc. This is only a location we are talking about here.

Brett said he made the decision because the bridge scene seemed epic/dramatic so it should lead straight to the climactic battle, rather than the movie reaching its peak in the middle (which was what happened in Superman, when the stuff with the island - Lex and henchmen beating him up, he recovers and throw it into space - happened in the middle of the movie, so the story then went on a downwards slope, drooping into a non-conclusive, non-climactic ending).

I'd like to see the original shooting script, but I've a feeling that there have been many rewrites along the way that it's hard to pinpoint an original shooting script! I'd still like to see some scripts though... what a shame they weren't in the Art of X3 book...

I like the original ideas of Alcatraz being a mutant prison, and of a battle scene in Washington... but you can see why they opted to streamline and simplify the locations (and save time and money as well as making the storyline stronger when the bridge leads to the battle).

There is more than one way they could have done the movie, and we all have our own ideas on what we wanted to make it our dream version...

Actually, the original shooting script is the one that leaked out onto the internet.

well, i remember there was also something about Rogue attending Brotherhood meetings, so we can only suppose it was quite the same. There may have been indeed some changes other than only the location.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"