The Dark Knight Your Vision of the Bat Rogues

ShadowBoxing

Avenger
Reaction score
Forget casting them for a minute and tell me what you want them to be like, what character flaws/attributes...history...introduction...place in the films..enlighten me

Joker- A nameless meek former thug of Falcone trying to prove himself as tough. Nobody knows who he really is, he doesnt ever give his real name. He just wants to make money. He has a superiority complex an when he gets in a situation that is too much for him he makes jokes about it. After his "accident" he's a homical maniac with amnesia, truly beliveing hes the Clown Prince of Crime. A position he kill trying to keep.

Riddler: After seeing Batman in action, is infatuated with the mystery of who is Batman? And he tries to prove he's smarter than the Dark Knight Detective.

Mad Hatter: A child molester trying to bait in the next "Alice". After he defiles each little girl, they no longer are the pure flower he first met, therefore kills them.

Mr. Freeze: Just like the Animated Series.

Poison Ivy- A "cougar". A women in her later thirties, early fortys who hates men and has a fetish in plant life. A botanist/genetist who hate what "man" has done to her precious earth.

Warning: I'm Gonna Be Using The Picture That I've Already Posted A Bajillion Times Before.

Two-Face: Very serious, and talks with a lot of held-back rage (like someone one the brink of going postal). His movements should be very restrained and stiff.

Riddler: Commits his crimes to satisfy an unsatisfyable obsession with proving his intellect. Speaks in a bored, absent-minded sort of way.

Penguin: Acts like he thinks nothing he'll do could lower his "incredibly high social standing." Very arrogant, and tosses around rude remarks like they're nothing.

Wowza.jpg

Joker: A down-on-his-luck Chemical Plant worker who gets fired from his job and tries his hand at being a stand-up comic to support his wife. He later gets another chance when the GCPD hire him as a spy to join the mob. Later, when he is discovered (although he doesn't know it yet), he is asked to head over to the Ace Chemical plant (where he used to work) with a few other gang memebers to collect some documents that would supposedly be enough evidence for police to arrest the mob boss. When he gets there, however, it is revealed to be a setup, and he gets tossed into one of the giant chemical tanks. He survives by getting drained out into the sewers. When he emerges, his face is bleached white, his hair is stained green, and his skin is tightened into a fixed grin. When he returns home, he discovers that the mob boss also had his wife killed, and this causes the newly-created Clown Prince of Crime to snap. Actually, his mind is now more aware than ever, even of the fact that he is a fictional character. This is why he kills without hesitation, and treats everything without an ounce of regret or serousness.

Joker - No origin. None. Just a creepy, sadistic freak who causes random chaos. He has a plan for what he does, but it only makes sense to him. He can do evil, disgusting things and find amusement in all of it. He's very theatrical, which makes his acts seem casual and more heinous. The closest to an origin I want to see is when he's confronted by Batman, or by Gordon, and they ask him who he is. He goes into a long, sad back-story about his horrible life and what sent him spiraling over the edge. Finally, he breaks down into laughter and gives several quick, alternative origins, leaving his true identity a mystery.

Two-Face : Tortured, even prior to his scarring. Basically, he should be what Anakin should have been but didn't come close to. He genuinely wants to do good, but he's troubled by a foreboding darker side hidden deep within his psyche. He shouldn't be whiny, and he shouldn't a total screwball, but when he loses himself to rage, or depression, or whatever, it should be intense. The scarring should merely be the amplifier, or the final straw. The conduit for his (pseduo comic book) schizophrenia to take on a whole new life. Someone with a bad past. I've always liked the story about his dad using the double sided coin to torment him when he was a boy.

Joker : Dark, charismatic, complete, blisteringly evil. A flambouyant game show host gone awry. He should always be one step ahead of everybody. That means Black Mask, Batman, everybody. His being in total control is a scary juxtaposition agaisnt the fact that the very thing he pits himself against in life is control/reality/cultural "truths". Totally nihilistic. The methods of his transformation should be hinted at, as should small bits of his former life, but only to add the murkiness of his story, not to offer any quick, easy answers ala The Killing Joke origin. His speech should be intelligent and vibrant, and the very nature of his character allows him the benefit of elevated, colorful prose to express himself.

Wow, I know I've spent most of my time on this site insulting people for their idiotic views and stupid comments... But I can't really find any here. You guys actually have great concepts. Here are my favorites with a little elaboration from my part.

Riddler (my favorite villain) - "After seeing Batman in action, is infatuated with the mystery of who is Batman? And he tries to prove he's smarter than the Dark Knight Detective." (Superman Beyond) For more of a backstory though, perhaps include some Animated Series plot with the "being fired from his job creating mazes and riddles" and turning to revenge towards his boss. Batman thwarts him, he gets pissed, holds a grudge and strives to prove he's smarter than Batman. As a bit of dramatic irony, make the company he worked for be Wayne Enterprises. The costume shouldn't be as flashy as the animated show or the previous movie. A darker green suit, velvet maybe for the sheen effect, and a bowler. The cane should be in the shape of a question mark (trademark, gotta keep it) and doesn't necessarily have to be gold. Gold is bright and flashy, the new movies really aren't. Mask or no mask, he's going to be soooo badass in these new movies if done right. I hope Goyer doesn't screw up like he did with Blade Trinity... What a dissappointment.

Mad Hatter: "A child molester trying to bait in the next "Alice". After he defiles each little girl, they no longer are the pure flower he first met, therefore kills them." (SupermanBeyond) Another good one from you, bro. This will be a fun character for Batman to go up against. He's utterly delusional, and this movie could also introduce Dr. Leslie Thompkins. She could either be involved through the criminalistics of profiling Jervis or from a social services aspect with finding the missing girls. The set guys will have a great time creating a set design for his fantasy land which he lets the girls run free in, and find their way to his Tea Party before...well...doing his thing. This one of course will border on being inappropriate for the new movies with the concept of child molestation... But I think with simply IMPLYING that it's happening and not actually showing anything, and then later having the police tell Batman what's going one it'll be PG-13ish. The costume has to be authentic to Alice in Wonderland. So colorful is fine. This is one of the few that it's ok. But if they want, they could easily make a far more twisted Wonderland with a darker mad hatter, accentuating a brighter, more innocent Alice. This would be one dark, creepy Batman that if done right is worthy of a place next to Silence of the Lambs. Like I said, only if done right.

Mr. Freeze: "Just like the Animated Series." (SupermanBeyond). Agreed. And they better not use any influences from B&R for the suit. That was ugly, and wrong.

The rest of the comments are essentially agreed upon. Joker I'm not going to bother trying to comment on. He's too iconic to mess with. Either they'll do it right or they won't. This is a hit or miss, no gray area.

Poison Ivy:An eco-terrorist working with Ras al ghul to rid the planet of pollution and evil. Ras could use her as a pawn ala scarecrow and make her seduce Bruce Wayne/Batman so he can take his revenge.
Mr Freeze: Youre right, like in the animated series and also like in the book Dark Victory.
Penguin: A major mob boss who is nicknamed the penguin because of his appearance and hates it. Has a fondness for birds and umbrellas but doesn't use them in elaborate crimes.

SupermanBeyond said:
Joker- A nameless meek former thug of Falcone trying to prove himself as tough. Nobody knows who he really is, he doesnt ever give his real name. He just wants to make money. He has a superiority complex an when he gets in a situation that is too much for him he makes jokes about it. After his "accident" he's a homical maniac with amnesia, truly beliveing hes the Clown Prince of Crime. A position he kill trying to keep.

Riddler: After seeing Batman in action, is infatuated with the mystery of who is Batman? And he tries to prove he's smarter than the Dark Knight Detective.

Mad Hatter: A child molester trying to bait in the next "Alice". After he defiles each little girl, they no longer are the pure flower he first met, therefore kills them.

Mr. Freeze: Just like the Animated Series.

Poison Ivy- A "cougar". A women in her later thirties, early fortys who hates men and has a fetish in plant life. A botanist/genetist who hate what "man" has done to her precious earth.
i like where ur goin with the riddler and poison ivy. mr freeze, no question, the best portrail of the character. i can buy your joker. but the mad hatter, thats way too adult for these films.

Brian2887 said:
Joker - No origin. None. Just a creepy, sadistic freak who causes random chaos. He has a plan for what he does, but it only makes sense to him. He can do evil, disgusting things and find amusement in all of it. He's very theatrical, which makes his acts seem casual and more heinous. The closest to an origin I want to see is when he's confronted by Batman, or by Gordon, and they ask him who he is. He goes into a long, sad back-story about his horrible life and what sent him spiraling over the edge. Finally, he breaks down into laughter and gives several quick, alternative origins, leaving his true identity a mystery.

PERFECT.

I'll just do quick versions of my visions.

Joker: Real name is unknown. No background is needed here. I liked The Joker better in Grayson than the one in Dead End. Something like that. He still has green hair and wears purple suits(most of the time). He should be totally sadistic and kill someone important. He should find humor in other people's misery.

Penguin: Tough. An American or British (but not Russian) Arms Dealer who is a rising star in the Gotham Underworld. He should be short but taller than he is in the comics. He can fight when he has to. He should also have a few umbrellas with guns in them but don't go over the top with it. He should eventually rule Gotham Underworld. (Bob Hoskins should play him as an ash kicking Penguin.)

The Riddler: A super genius obsessed with puzzles. He also becomes obsessed with Batman. A major villian, one of the biggest. He should be like The Riddler in Hush. He should not be taken lightly.

Mr.Freeze: I agree that if they do him, he should be exactly like the Animated Series portrayl right down to the voice.

Calendar Man: A man obsessed with Calendar to the point that it starts to drives him mad. He can faceBatman but then end up giving clues about things later like in the Long Halloween.

I would be happy if they put everybody from TAS and stuck them into movie form. Period, end of story.
The Joker: You know, I don't want Joker to be just a random killer. He does things for a reason. To bait Batman. And I especially loved the episode in TAS entitled, "The Man who Killed Batman" and Joker realises the entire reason he's still in crime is no longer because he enjoys stealing or killing, but because he enjoys matching wits with Batman.
Two-Face: Exactly like TAS. Tortured friend of Bruce Wayne. This old friendship makes him even more dangerous because Batman still wants to help him. They really shouldn't pass this guy off. He has the potential to be one of Batmans most versatile and dangerous foes exactly for the reason that he may not always do whats wrong. Like in No Man's Land, he should be completely obsessed with his coin. Nothing happens without the coin.
Mr. Freeze: Basically, take the story, "Heart of Ice" and put it on the screen. I mean sure, change it a little bit, but this is the whole premice behind Freeze. He's not insane. He lacks emotion. All he lives for is to freeze the man who killed his wife in solid, unforgiving ice.
The Riddler: Again, alot like TAS. He should be conciously giving riddles everywhere. Riddles within riddles that point to the REAL crime. Hes like a puppeteer who stands back and observes his enemies. Not like in Forever where he's constantly involved personally. You shouldn't even know its him behind it until the very end.
The Penguin: Once again, TAS. Looks like he did in Returns except that you should be able to see that he's trying to look normal. None of that black eye-shadow around the eyes...that was just wierd.

SupermanBeyond said:

Posts like that have made me want to see Mad Hatter in the movies - he was a character originally on my DONT list.

The Joker should be a psychopathic killer. There shouldn't be any humour about him. His laugh should be frightening. If he has a mob, they should all be terrified of him.

Riddler... here's a different take... What if he were a mobster who is obsessed with puzzles? Not necessarily a genious but a very bright guy who is more of a dark mastermind. He could be violent, have a crew, and still leave puzzles for the police. Kind of like some of the serial killers do but use his clues as more of a taunt for the police than leaving them as part of his obsession. I can see him even playing with little origami figures. He could write his clues on the paper he uses to create the figures. Of course, he wouldn't always use origami figures.

I like the child molestor Hatter...but it just would fly in a film with this rating

I doubt we will ever see Hatter in general, child molestor or not (sadly).

DavidTyler said:
The Joker should be a psychopathic killer. There shouldn't be any humour about him. His laugh should be frightening. If he has a mob, they should all be terrified of him.

Riddler... here's a different take... What if he were a mobster who is obsessed with puzzles? Not necessarily a genious but a very bright guy who is more of a dark mastermind. He could be violent, have a crew, and still leave puzzles for the police. Kind of like some of the serial killers do but use his clues as more of a taunt for the police than leaving them as part of his obsession. I can see him even playing with little origami figures. He could write his clues on the paper he uses to create the figures. Of course, he wouldn't always use origami figures.

I dunno about using this "quiet phychopath" idea for everything. I don't want all the villains to be the same. Anyways, what's a Joker without humor?

Calendar Man said:
I doubt we will ever see Hatter in general, child molestor or not (sadly).

Why not? I didn't expect to see Scarecrow, being such a minor villain, but he was perfect in the role. He wasn't the main badguy, but still he was excellent. The same could go for Hatter. Although I see what you mean, as not bein well known enough to be a main villain like Two-Face, Penguin, or the Joker, especially in the sense that we're viewing him as... But it's a good concept.

Mad hatter is probably more likely than my dream villians (Killer Croc and Clayface) because he can fit in much more with the tone of the film

Honestly all of these are good opinions, and I truly wish that they could use that Mad Hatter idea, especially with the escape of the inmates of Arkham.....it could be interesting indeed to have him appear. You wouldnt even need to have too much detail (for the kids sake) but give enough of a hint, like with CSI, about what he does

Well heres and idea I would like to see implemented.

The Joker/ His back story goes back to being a stand up comedian that is really bad at what he does, and seeing he is not making ends meet, he goes to the falcone mob for help, and they give him a loan, he uses it up without ever looking for another job, meaning he believes his comedy is going to turn around and when it comes time to start paying back the loan he can't, they in turn start by beating him as a reminder to get a job and start paying them back, he still stalls thinking he can avoid paying, he and his wife and newborn move to a slummy neighborhood near the chemical plant to hide out, he goes on to get a job their but they don't hire him, he comes home to find his wife and baby dead, she has been shot twice and the baby once, and in his mind he gives up on life, and walks back to the chemical plant, the murder weapon was left at his house, he picks it up and puts it in his pocket, he walks up to the gate of the plant that night, The guard unlocks the gate to approach him and when he gets close enough the joker's character takes out the pistol and shoots the guard killing him on the spot, he climbs up a flight of stairs to where he is on a walkway looks up at the sky and emptys the gun, and I have got it pictured as a six shot and two in the wife, one in the baby, one in the guard, he fires the last two off in the air like he is trying to shoot something in the air, he drops the gun on the walkway looks over the edge of ledge and climbs and jumps off trying to commit suicide he lands in the vat of chemicals, the killing of the guard should signify a change taking place in him, he no longer feels any regret, when he gets flushed out into the river he comes up onto the river bank changed it signifys here the death of his other self and the birth of the joker, because when he looks at his reflection and sees what the chemical did to him, his mind snaps completely.

Joker: young comedian during the depression. He peformed in a bar in the narrows. With people as poor as they were his comedy, no matter how funny, was unable to lift the crowds spirits. The bar owner eventually could no longer afford to pay him and took pity on him. He heard one of his patrons had a job openning at a chemical factory. Little did the bartender know, but the job "openning" was merely an attempt by the Thorne mob to get a foot in the door of the factory to rob them. They used the Joker as the red hood, and during the robbery left him to take the fall when Gordon and the (former) DA arrived with police support. Gordon and Flass chased him down, scarred for his life he climb on one of the catwalks. The trigger happy Flass fired at him causing him to fall into one of the vats. The cops searched for the body but he had already exitted through the drainage. When he awoke on shore he staggered back home only to find his wife and infant son murdered. He went insane and burst into laughter upon seeing his face in a mirror. Joker devouted the next few years of his life to building up enough money and support to seek revenge on both the police and Thorne. During the course of the movie Joker takes revenge on both Flass and Dawes (the DA assisstant) and several of Thorne's men. He enlists the aid of a small gang and a circus sideshow known as Killer Croc

Killer Croc: Killer Croc enters when the Joker enlists him to join his mob. Killer Croc himself in his youth was a juvenile deliquent turned circus attraction and had held a grudge against any and all authority for years. Killer Croc will mainly be a henchman in the second film. However by the third film he will have begun to try to start his own mob only to be busted up on one of there first gigs by Detective Bullock. By film four Ra's Al Ghual will have staged a prison break for Croc so he can seek revenge on Bullock and frame him for a bribery scandal.

Mr Earle: Mr Earle will inherent a company called New Earth International. The business is a front for Ra's Al Gual in his further attempts to cleanse the world. By Movie four after the business has enjoyed a good deal of success they will release a product called renew you. After an actor ODs on the substance (which is really designed to slowly kill off the users) He turns into the villian Clayface who is then force to work for Ra's in exchange for the cure.

Two Face - Harvey Dent finally bust Rupert Thorne at the end of movie two. He sends him to prison not only on recent charges but also for the crimes he committed against the Joker and his former family. In court Thorne douses Dent with a beaker of chemicals which was used by the Joker (off of evidence table). Dent himself was a long time friend of Bruce and also initially thought by Gordon to have been Batman. Dent as a foe turns out to be quiet the adversary, he is physically strong and capable. Dent forms a mob in Gotham after his accident. They knockover Cobblepots nightclub first and eventually come into contact with Crocs new gang who is comprised of several of Thorne's men. There Bullock apprehends Croc. Two Face however escapes. In Movie Four Two Face attempts to correct his face with the Renew You Drug he becomes terminally ill (despite the fact that it does correct his face). Batman must find a cure to save his friends life

Bullock: Tough street smart cop with a bit of a hard edge when it comes to Batman. After Flass bites the big one in film two he steps in to fill his big shoes. While not the *most* ethical cop out there, he is on the same page as Gordon (whom he respects greatly). He wants desperately to clean up Gotham and perhaps his sometimes unscrupulous tactics are what they need. Though they will get him in trouble as it becomes easy for Killer Croc to frame him for several bridery scandals. Why the frame up you might ask. Well Bullock's a good detective and uncovers a secret about Earle's New Earth company and the true benefactors behind it (Ra's). Ra's then stages a breakout for Killer Croc knowing he will seek revenge on Bullock in some fashion.

The Joker

Basically,He's a down on his luck loser Factory worker who's trying to get into comedy,but can never find any work,do to his lack of good material.Loosing all hope left,He gives up any hope of entering standup,and returns to his job.

One night,while He's working,some escaped inmates from the Narrow incident turn up at the factory,hiding from the police.Batman,who shows up to catch the inmates,mistakes him for one,and chases after him.The man,being terrified of Batman,gets so desperate to escape that he dives into one of the chemical vats in the factory,and seemingly dies.

As Batman and the police round up the escaped inmates,the loser crawls out of the vat,and decides to go home,after all of the stress he went through that night,not realising what the chemical did to him.

Back at his obviously crummy apartment,He comes in,and walks into the bathroom.As he goes to use it,He catches a look at himself in the mirror,only to see that his hair is bleached a dark green,and his skin has been turned snow white.

Distraught by the image of himself as a clown,the man finally goes off the deep end,going into a rage of laughter,while breaking the mirror apart with his fist.Loosing even more of his mind,the man,inspired by the image on a Joker card,sitting on the sink,takes one of the glass pieces,and basically mutilates his mouth until it resembles a bloody,almost demonic looking permanent grin.

Deciding,once and for all,that his life as a normal person is over,He vows to make Batman pay for forcing him into the chemical,by killing Gotham City as a whole,as Batman obviously wants to save it.

Taking another one of the glass pieces,He runs down to a local store(It'd be like a Goodwill store),kills the cashier,and picks out a purple suit,gloves,new shoes,some spats,and even finds an antique cane.He even takes a tube of lipstick,to cover up the deformaties of his mutilated grin.Realising he needs a new name to go with his new life,He eventually turns to the Joker card,once again,and comes up with the name 'Joker'.

Now,He has good comedy material.It's just unfortunate that it happens to be sick and twisted,and usually involves death.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"