• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Justice League Zack Snyder’s Justice League - Rotten Tomatoes/Critical Reception Thread

Well, it depends of the person

159105915_191481542747300_1867780430032817016_n.jpg

It's a bit lightier than bvs, there is joy, heart, hope and has more heroic side but the overall is still dark, sad and strongly subversive from what i heard. My friend saw it and the open ending - not the last scene but just before - was quite disturbing to him to say the least (SPOILER basically the same ending than the one from the animated movie Apokolyps war with a major difference) and leave us room for interpretation. Flash brings humor, he's a bit of a comic relief at the beginning but not the jar jar from the whedon cut. The humor feels more natural and not forced.

At the same time, we're talking about Snyder. He takes these character very seriously.

What I mean is I’ve heard it’s the opposite to BvS, doesn’t have you feeling that way. I’m not expecting it to be Thor Ragnarok lol

What I mean is I’ve heard it’s the opposite to BvS, doesn’t have you feeling that way. I’m not expecting it to be Thor Ragnarok lol

Yes, i understand your point, don't worry. To be honest, what i heard was more nuanced, not really the opposite of BVS but we will find out in four days. ^^

Yes, i understand your point, don't worry. To be honest, what i heard was more nuanced, not really the opposite of BVS but we will find out in four days. ^^

Yeh you’re probably right, I think cause of my mate and a few people I read who didn’t like BvS loved it

The political aspect will go deep as well

159896720_2992628591061929_544831405581341387_o.jpg

Oh, I already can feel that I am too stupid to get the higher meanings and the life-deciding philosophical answers his picture will offer. What a shame! :(

Lol it’s only an initial reaction. I imagine the full review will be much more detailed. They’re just trying to be succinct and sassy.

Lol it’s only an initial reaction. I imagine the full review will be much more detailed. They’re just trying to be succinct and sassy.

Sassy, but yeah, full review will probably be more detailed.

Though perhaps not professional to be sassy with a review (but then again, depends on if you value "objectivity" or if critic injects their own personality into each review).

That's a pretty reductive description and could be applied to a lot of movies.

"Fury Road is a 2 hour film about off road driving."

"Casablanca is a 100 minute film about getting a visa."

"Star Wars is about killing space nazis."

"Harry Potter is about killing magic hitler."

I should be getting paid for these professional reviews!:argh:

Oh, I already can feel that I am too stupid to get the higher meanings and the life-deciding philosophical answers his picture will offer. What a shame! :(

i never said that but comic book movies can be also challenging while telling a good story and being character driven.

I think it may be a case of this movie being overly long and at least attempting to take itself more seriously than most CBMS with loftier intentions...but still at the end of the day being about something goofy. People in costumes and magic boxes. That may be a tedious combo for some people.

Still, the critiques could be broken down in a more satisfying way than a sassy tweet.

i never said that but comic book movies can be also challenging while telling a good story and being character driven.

That was an attack against you, its good you share those pictures! I am just tired of this "deeper-meaning"-talk and political message of the Snyder fandom.

Sassy, but yeah, full review will probably be more detailed.

Though perhaps not professional to be sassy with a review (but then again, depends on if you value "objectivity" or if critic injects their own personality into each review).
Roger Ebert, perhaps the most beloved film critic of all time, was regularly sassy and snarky throughout his 40+ year career. Pauline Kael, also perhaps the most beloved film critic of all time, got plenty sassy.

There's no reason the entirety of film criticism should be as dry and academic as Harold Bloom.

I think @Superherofan123 is just speaking to the unlikelihood of said critic using these same terms to describe Avengers 3 and 4, even with them revolving around a very similar MacGuffin. That said, who the hell knows? He could very well hold the same sentiment regarding those films.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"