Zack Snyder’s Rebel Moon | Netflix

Yeah I wonder where Rebel Moon ranks among the worst space-based sci-fi films of this century. I would probably rank it (marginally) higher than:

Valerian
Afterbirth… I mean After Earth
Battlefield Earth
Jupiter Ascending
Doom
I liked Doom... Mainly for the climax.

65 was pretty good to me but that's mostly because I was in the right mood for a slow build space movie and I saw it in theaters.

Ι only "watched" 65 last week and couldn't bring myself focusing on it at home. It's one of the not so many things I've seen while doing other stuff. I liked the concept but the film was extremely boring and formulaic.

It’s an incredible concept with terrible execution. Such a disappointment.

I did hear that the original intent was to have it all be in an alien language so there would be no understandable dialogue which would have greatly improved it.

Its biggest sin though? Unmemorable dinosaurs. How do you f that up?

giphy.gif

Yeah, he said similar things about numerous Army of the Dead continuations and we saw how that went after the film was released. Once again the first Rebel Moon barely stayed in Netflix's top in subsequent weeks so I'm positive those plans will have a similar ending.

I love that he said that and isn't like, joking at all. That's thee reason its rated R, cause very cool sex and violence. It's so funny to me that his wilder fans like to pat him on the back because his comic book films are "mature" and not like the haha-funny MCU, but then he says stuff like this.

DIdn't he also say it was very Paul Verhoeven-esque re: the sex and violence? That's usually over the top for some acerbic reason, but this universe isn't tongue in cheek at all. I do find it cool that he did whatever tf he wanted with the production though. It sounds like he shot one movie as two movies twice, then had a ****fest in the editing bay. It's absurd.

Last edited:
Is it just me or is there like zero excitement for part 2? No promos and no discussion (even the dedicated subreddit is dead).

So many threats. Three more threats than yesterday.

sad-cry.gif

sad-cry.gif
:lmao:

sad-cry.gif
He has plans for 6 movies. Doesn't mean they will get made.

Honestly I enjoyed the first movie so will watch as many as Snyder is allowed to make.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"