Justice League Zack Snyder Directing Justice League - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta admit, I'm impressed with seeing on how some fans are still talking about wanting to see Snyder's cut on Twitter and YouTube. I was sure that the movement would have died by now.

Nah, I think at this point this is almost as demanded as the SII Donner Cut was 15 years ago. The question is if this will die down over time or not, but considering how vocal Snyder's fans are, and paired with curiosity from other comic fans, I'd say this has a pretty good chance of being released. I don't think it'll be anytime soon though. Think more like the SII Donner Cut timeline: if WB ever makes a successful JL2, this will get released around the same time JL2 gets its home video release. It's what happened with the Donner Cut, which released as a counterpart to the SR DVD, and it makes sense from a financial & marketing POV. "Here's the JL UC together with that JL2 you guys love so much" is much better than "sorry, we did a mistake, here's the JL UC guys; don't hate us please..."

i'm not a Snyder fan but even i want to see Snyder cut.

I'd watch a Snyder cut, though I've got a gut feeling it wouldn't be much of an improvement, if any. Snyder's cut of BvS was a slight improvement, but the movie's core problems were still there.

My feeling is that the Snyder Cut would be like a cover song that is way better than the original.

The sad thing is, the theatrical cut we got is actually the cover and Snyders is the original. No-one has just had the opportunity to listen to the original song.

I'm sure the Snyder cut would not be the equivalent of the BVS:UE.
The Ultimate Edition is essentially the same film, just with a few extra scenes. I do think they significantly improve the film, but they don't radically change it.

with Justice League however, the Snyder cut isn't just including some deleted scenes.
A large number of scenes were cut and then replaced with footage written by another writer and filmed by another director. The plot was significantly changed, every major character was altered, small character were removed and others added. A great deal of dialogue was changed, major action scenes were removed or significantly shortened and the soundtrack was completely overhauled.

BVS:UE is the same story with a few additions, JL Snyder cut is a different story.

If films were burgers, BVS is a cheeseburger and BVS is the same cheeseburger with bacon and fries.
Snyder cut is a cheeseburger, Theatrical cut is if the beef was replaced with chicken.

But some people prefer chicken, I expect if you didn't like BVS you won't like the Snyder cut. I loved BVS, and I'm holding onto the hope I'll get to see the Snyder cut.

Right? It is almost comical how history keeps repeating itself over and over and over again with WB and DC movies. They hire these marverick directors to put their vision onscreen and then change course after getting in bed with them.

They hired Donner for Superman, the man filmed two movies at once, went over budget and they fired him and had Lester drive the series into the ground. They bring in Burton for Batman, he gives them a huge hit, then they panic because soccer moms dont like Burton's gothic noir Batman so they bring in Schumacher to turn it into Batman 66. The only one whose had a successful run is Nolan. Somehow Nolan made Warner Bros afraid of him and he got his way with the franchise from beginning to end.

Actually Nolan only got his way after TDK and Inception. Before those films were released the WB was ready to end things with TDK and start over again with JL:M. They were willing to do this since Nolan wasn't willing to play ball and write his Batman into a shared DCU. However after those two movies were big hits and the writers strike the WB backed off.

Right? It is almost comical how history keeps repeating itself over and over and over again with WB and DC movies. They hire these marverick directors to put their vision onscreen and then change course after getting in bed with them.

They hired Donner for Superman, the man filmed two movies at once, went over budget and they fired him and had Lester drive the series into the ground. They bring in Burton for Batman, he gives them a huge hit, then they panic because soccer moms dont like Burton's gothic noir Batman so they bring in Schumacher to turn it into Batman 66. The only one whose had a successful run is Nolan. Somehow Nolan made Warner Bros afraid of him and he got his way with the franchise from beginning to end.

It's slightly different.

Donner tried to do a 2 film set, but WB got scared because of how high was the budget and it didn't help that this was the 1st main stream comic book movie. Trying to have another director finish was pretty bad on their part.

WB wouldn't have tried to interfere with JL if BvS was a $1.5B movie, it didn't even need to be a critical darling. But when your 3 biggest comic book characters makes only more than half than that, of course they were going to panic.

Actually-- Donner was canned because he kept fighting with the Salkinds, who kept demanding more slapstick comedy, among other things. The budget stuff played a part, but the fact that he didn't get along with them and refused to give them whatt hey want (in spite of his choices resulting in a huge success for them) is what really hurt the situation.

And WB were never going to end the TDKT movies for JL:M-- They were going to have them run concurrently (for some dumb reason). JL:M was officially canned because of the writers strike and Aussie tax incentives being removed by the then new government. Rumour has it Nolan expressed displeasure at the whole thing prior to that, but that's never been confirmed.

Chris Wong is freaking out because he posted that comic con pic of Gal, Fisher and Ezra on Vero with the caption "is this a coincidence?" And Snyder liked it. Everyone thinks that this is Zack telling them something about comic con next month.

Look, I want this cut badly and I do think we're getting it at some point but i think this is a stretch. I dont think we should take Zack "liking" something on social media as a sign of anything. The man is just pressing a like button, thats all. Also, I hate to say it but with how Zack's been treated in the press the past two years I cant see the studio thinking its a good idea to roll him out at COMIC CON to announce JL Ultimate Edition. Zack's got a large ever growing fanbase but a lot of people still resent him for BvS and subseqiently JL.

Not only did he post a pic of the crew on their way to Comic Con but on that cellphone in the picture, there's a still frame of the BVS comic con trailer. That might be nothing noteworthy though. But remember that very first JL Comic Con teaser? It featured the king burying the human motherbox. The same king character he just released a pic of along with the pic of the gang on their way to comic con.

One thing's for sure, I'm pretty excited for SDCC 2018.

I don't think WB will announce release of Snyder Cut or JL Extended cut at comic con, and after how Studio and media outlets have treated Zack I doubt he would want to be there for any reason.

Thats what I'm saying. I cant see them bringing Zack out as he's sure to be met with a mix of applause and boo's.

Gotta admit, I'm impressed with seeing on how some fans are still talking about wanting to see Snyder's cut on Twitter and YouTube. I was sure that the movement would have died by now.

I know a lot of people thought that a lot of us arent really fans of MOS or BvS, and we just support it out of blind loyalty or brand support for DC.

If anything has been proven after JL is the amount of passion people have for these films, how much personally it has affected a lot of us, and that there are so many of us out there.

Its frankly heartwarming to see. :)

Thats what I'm saying. I cant see them bringing Zack out as he's sure to be met with a mix of applause and boo's.

Actually with the way the WB has treated him and how much they butchered his movie. I would expect more cheers than boos for him since they almost turned him into a hero or a martyr.

Getting booed by an SDCC audience is extreeemely rare (thank goodness, who the heck needs that). I can't really remember it happening. Maybe Josh Trank got a few?

Anyway, if Snyder didn't get booed when he came on-stage just a few months after BvS, I doubt he would now.

Sometimes it better to want something than to have something. A mythology grows around an unseen project. To the point where what you imagine can be better than what is filmed. The idea of something unfinished out there is perhaps more powerful than if it were actually released.

Sometimes it better to want something than to have something. A mythology grows around an unseen project. To the point where what you imagine can be better than what is filmed. The idea of something unfinished out there is perhaps more powerful than if it were actually released.

As a movie... Snyder's Justice League is flesh and blood; It can be ignored, it can be destroyed. But as a symbol... As a symbol it can be incorruptible, it can be everlasting.

Jokes. Give us the dang movie WB or we riot. :sly:

Getting booed by an SDCC audience is extreeemely rare (thank goodness, who the heck needs that). I can't really remember it happening. Maybe Josh Trank got a few?

Anyway, if Snyder didn't get booed when he came on-stage just a few months after BvS, I doubt he would now.
He did get booed. There were several reports of it, though it's worthy to note it wasn't the whole hall that took part. But it was loud enough to be heard.

When I saw the footage, I didnt heard any boos though. I know a couple of bloggers said it happened, but I personally didnt hear it from the comic con video. Thankfully, its such a ****** thing to go to a con and boo someone.

DfRKDqQV4AE6kYG.jpg:orig

I don't think Snyder fans want the "Synder Cut" to ever see the light of day. They won't be able to use Whedon as a scapegoat for JL's failures at that point once they realize the movie is still horrible, if not worse.

It's easier to wish for something that they know won't happen as Snyder's last defence.

I cannot in any way shape, form or fashion imagine how a more fleshed out, visually superior, non quippy, non CGI Cavill mouth version of JL could possibly be worse than the theatrical version.

I cannot in any way shape, form or fashion imagine how a more fleshed out, visually superior, non quippy, non CGI Cavill mouth version of JL could possibly be worse than the theatrical version.

It would be worse for the people who don't care for where or what Snyder was doing. For most of them their mind is already made up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"