Justice League Zack Snyder Directing Justice League - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean... It's not really up for debate. I don't find your posts upsetting at all. You can be "pretty sure" I do as much as you want. I just don't. They're completely innocuous and occasionally quite (unintentionally) amusing.

And I didn't really twist anything you said. I was being sarcastic and employing some degree of hyperbole to underscore how silly your presumption was.

If one of us is losing it over the other's posts, I'd say it's you. I don't intend to put you (or anyone) on ignore but you can feel free to do that. I tried it once and it's a feature I'm not too big on. I don't want bothersome phantom posts cluttering up the page.

Whatever you say, it just seems like you're quite gung ho when it comes to responding to any post that criticizes Snyder as if you yourself was insulted, so maybe you should relax alittle and accept the fact that lots of people have a problem with his work and are entitled to criticize it (provided they don't start insulting the man personally, which would be out of order).

Out of 5 DCEU movies, Snyder has made only two and half movies. If anyone dislikes DCEU as a whole, then blame should also go to rest of directors.

Blame the state of DCEU on David Ayer, Patty Jenkins and Joss Whedon besides Zack Snyder, and don't forget to blame Geoff Johns who was involved in this since the beginning.

I only blame WB for thinking Zack Snyder was the right guy to helm a DC movie universe that people of all ages would love and accept

Although I’m sure it was less that and more “ok, no respectable industry name really wants the monumental task of this job, so let’s just give it to the guy who was like 7th on our list to direct the Superman movie that no one wanted to direct, including the guy who changed his mind and took the job”

I only blame WB for thinking Zack Snyder was the right guy to helm a DC movie universe that people of all ages would love and accept
That was Nolan and the WB who thought that. It was also Nolan and Snyder who mapped out the course of the DCEU for the most part.

WB is the problem. They lack the leadership to find the right talent for certain properties and are always too late in identifying problems. The JL debacle could have been avoided if they didn’t place all their eggs in a basket that was never really sturdy to begin with.

They make questionable creative decisions when hiring behind the camera talent and stick with them until the going gets tough, and then they drop em like a hot potato. It all starts at the top.

That was Nolan and the WB who thought that. It was also Nolan and Snyder who mapped out the course of the DCEU for the most part.

Nolan was there to kind of oversee man of steel to an extent and that’s it

You can’t tell me that he was Involved in planning any of what we have gotten thus far.

Out of 5 DCEU movies, Snyder has made only two and half movies. If anyone dislikes DCEU as a whole, then blame should also go to rest of directors.

Blame the state of DCEU on David Ayer, Patty Jenkins and Joss Whedon besides Zack Snyder, and don't forget to blame Geoff Johns who was involved in this since the beginning.

Why would Jenkins get any blame at all? She was in charge of one movie and it's the only well-received one.

Beyond "godfathering" MoS-- which he went into as just a new Superman movie-- he didn't didn't have anything to do with the expansion into a cinematic universe. He just didn't stand in the way when Snyder said "How about Batman?"

This was my post -

Why would Jenkins get any blame at all? She was in charge of one movie and it's the only well-received one.
"

There are people who hate All the movies that DCEU has produced, so blame all the directors involved.

There are people who hate All the movies that DCEU has produced, so blame all the directors involved.

Blame the one director who made a successful movie when all the other movies she had nothing to do with weren't well received? Just because it's in the same universe? That make no sense and you know it. :funny:

Im not gonna blame someone for making something good in a franchise that has an overall negative view.I only have an intense hatred for one DCEU film.

The rest range from: Good to solid but needs work, and bad but the enjoyable kind of bad.

Although I’m sure it was less that and more “ok, no respectable industry name really wants the monumental task of this job, so let’s just give it to the guy who was like 7th on our list to direct the Superman movie that no one wanted to direct, including the guy who changed his mind and took the job”

If after Chis Nolan's 'respectable TDK trilogy' no respectable director wanted to helm a DC movie (even when Nolan himself was going around to find a right director.) than it's a monumental problem right at the start.

Blame the one director who made a successful movie when all the other movies she had nothing to do with weren't well received? Just because it's in the same universe? That make no sense and you know it. :funny:

I am not the one who hates all the DCEU movies.

If after Chis Nolan's 'respectable TDK trilogy' no respectable director wanted to helm a DC movie (even when Nolan himself was going around to find a right director.) than it's a monumental problem right at the start.

The problem was that before Nolan, WB didn’t have that image of respectability around their comic book films. And any non Nolan comic book films made by WB at that time mostly failed.

The respectablilty left once Nolan left the director’s chair.

So you are right, it has been a monumental problem from the start. I’m not saying that they can’t court talented people to take part in their projects, but they need to find more Patty Jenkins type directors. People who have done solid work and love/understand the characters.

With the MCU being the titan that it is, I totally get why no one would want to risk their reputation trying to make something to rival that. They stuck with a guy who runs tight productions, gets the job done on time from a budget/financial point, even all of his actors love him. but his vision for the character didn’t connect with the audience. That is the most important part. Now it’s time to find someone else.

Okay? And? :huh: Go ahead and detail why I should blame Jenkins for, say, SS.
:huh:

Again, I was talking about people who don't like DCEU movies, that means the movies by respective directors.

If someone dislikes WW, shouldn't they blame the movie's director, after all they blame Ayer for SS, Snyder for MoS, BvS, JL.

You gotta just tune out people who like to advertise that they hate all the DCEU movies without giving sound opinions on why they don’t. If you keep paying attention to the people who just make jokes about it and trash it without any argument, you’re in for a bad time.

Because a big part of the reason they do it is to piss off people just like you. Just disregard them.

:huh:

Again, I was talking about people who don't like DCEU movies, that means the movies by respective directors.

If someone dislikes WW, shouldn't they blame the movie's director, after all they blame Ayer for SS, Snyder for MoS, BvS, JL.

Aaaaahhhh. I thought you were heading down that old route of shifting the blame for Snyder's choices from Snyder himself onto anyone else in his vicinity. It's been known to happen around these parts after all.

Maybe most people are just speaking in hyperbole. If you don't like the Snyder films and if you throw in SS, that is 4/5 of the current DCEU.

It's a week before prom and WB was just trying to find ANY date for Superman.

There was an issue with Seigel estate and they were just trying to get a Superman film made because of rights issues.

I think you can compare Costner's Jonathan to the comics. You can go back to the beginning, in fact.

GeceN5f.png

It certainly isn't Jonathan's prerogative to stand by and let kids die when he could save them. He's the one who first picks up the little girl to save her from the tornado. Like you said, Jonathan's "Maybe" isn't a "No," and his uncertainty is rooted in a larger concern for even more lives besides those closest to Clark and to Smallville.

This, so much this. I never understand those people who go out of their way to avoid seeing THIS is what the Kent's were doing with Clark in MOS. It was ENTIRELY about protecting their son, and wanting the time to be right so that the world WILL accept him.

That's not to say they were perfect, or always made the right call. As such they put their concern for him over their concern for others, and themselves, like we see with Jonathon's sacrifice. They are deliberately flawed. In their effort to protect their son, they make mistakes, as all parents do. They are human, and over protective of Clark given the unique circumstances.

Hell, a significant part of Clark's character arc is him learning to see that and step out from under the shadow of his fathers. To see what their intentions were, and strive for that, if not necessarily their flawed advice/methods.

Clark's parents' intentions were ALWAYS for him, and the world, to outgrow their concerns, and for him to ultimately shine in the Sun.

Does that mean it was the RIGHT advice to say "maybe" he should have let the bus go, no.
Was it exactly what a loving parent would do, thinking they were protecting their child? Yes.
Is it consistent with the comics portrayal of the characters and their upbringing of Clark, abso-****ing-lutely.

My thing is, people always seem to overlook all of the Superman-y things Snyder had Clark do to show that he's a good person and a hero and they use that one polarizing creative decision to define his character. I get that people are upset that Snyder didnt show him rescue civilians but I still think that it spoke volumes about this Superman when he rescued that soldier from falling to his doom during the Smallville fight, and this very same soldier was freaking shooting at him just moments prior. Even the small gesrur of asking if he was all right when he rescued him says a lot.To me, that Superman, thats a guy whose selfless and trying to do the right thing. So, please, people, lets not make hyperbolic statements saying that Pa and Ma Kent raised some kind of monster.

any truth or details to the report that WB will release the Snyder cut but will not put more money into it...meaning that if he or someone else pays to finish it they are ok with it?

I think for me, while yes, Zack is the director of MOS, BvS, and partially JL, and he is ultimately the figurehead/decision maker of at least 2 of those, I can't help but see instances where he is very much a collaborator on his projects. He's not just some dictator that won't accept other people's input. MoS was heavily influenced by Nolan and Goyer and even Henry had some input on the character as well. Also yes Zack came up with the neck snap, but both Zack and Goyer were able to get Nolan to see it's value and give it his blessing before they filmed it. I don't think it would be hard to figure Ben also having quite a bit of say in BvS as well, as it was widely reported he was making script changes throughout. He also brought in Chris to re-write the script. Someone did say that Chris was brought in before Affleck, but I only see evidence saying that Affleck brought him in during the negotiations. Also as silly as it is to bring in Patty for the failings of other DCEU movies, it's a bit silly to blame Zack for SS. It's not as simple as just saying WB upper management for greenlighting, Zack for movie failings.

Last edited:
any truth or details to the report that WB will release the Snyder cut but will not put more money into it...meaning that if he or someone else pays to finish it they are ok with it?

About as much truth as those Bigfoot sightings.

The only way we're getting it is if Zack already has a finished cut that we edited together himself with good enough special effects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"