Justice League Zack Snyder Directing Justice League - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
About as much truth as those Bigfoot sightings.

200.gif

There is plenty of blame to go around when it comes to the DCEU's epic failure but the main culprit is WB themselves. I mean MOS comes out and it's a financial disappointment and a critical failure and in response WB hand the guy who made that film (and is mainly responsible for the film's most divisive part) the keys to the DCEU, that's just stupid and they (thankfully) paid the price for it.

Chris Nolan the man responsible for saving DC films, he would lay the idea to a man who would destroy it ( to some). A simple little idea of a bald man without redtrunks and a more realistic take. True poetry. Bless you, Nolan.

Such lovely LOTR vibes.

Thats what got me so giddy about JL initially. I loved that Zack was trying to make a LOTR type of film but with superheroes. Im sure thats how he pitched it to the suits originally too.

It is such a tragedy we're noy likely to see this cast together ever again :(

So there's this cast interview during the promo of JL that's making the rounds on twitter. At one point the interviewer asks "Any favorite deleted scene?" and the reaction of the cast in that precise moment says it all:

DfEOLg6VQAAodmC.jpg:large

So there's this cast interview during the promo of JL that's making the rounds on twitter. At one point the interviewer asks "Any favorite deleted scene?" and the reaction of the cast in that precise moment says it all:

"the whole last 25-30 minutes"

the whole making of JL feels like both a tragedy and comedy at the same time.

a tragic comedy.

a dark comedy.

This must've been what it felt like circa 1995 when Burton was kicked out of the Batman franchise for Schumacher to "brighten" everything up. The fans must've been absolutely polarized at the clear tonal shift. Or when people learned that Richard Pryor was going to co-star alongside Reeves in Superman III. Imagine if the internet was around during those days lol

yea, it's like a case of...the more things change, the more things stay the same.

Right? It is almost comical how history keeps repeating itself over and over and over again with WB and DC movies. They hire these marverick directors to put their vision onscreen and then change course after getting in bed with them.

They hired Donner for Superman, the man filmed two movies at once, went over budget and they fired him and had Lester drive the series into the ground. They bring in Burton for Batman, he gives them a huge hit, then they panic because soccer moms dont like Burton's gothic noir Batman so they bring in Schumacher to turn it into Batman 66. The only one whose had a successful run is Nolan. Somehow Nolan made Warner Bros afraid of him and he got his way with the franchise from beginning to end.

That whole interview, to me, was not the best it could have been. Wasn't this the one where Affleck made some passive joke about harassment? And his co-stars were silent. I'd much rather have this entire interview tossed out--out of the fact that its pretty cringe-worthy in certain segments.

Yeah, if there's a constant behavior at WB that would be being reactionary...

Gotta admit, I'm impressed with seeing on how some fans are still talking about wanting to see Snyder's cut on Twitter and YouTube. I was sure that the movement would have died by now.

The cast was unprepared for that question,
Gal literally show regret in her face.

Ezra's reaction reminds me of this meme... :woot:

CRu4osOUAAIgSO4.jpg:large

That whole interview, to me, was not the best it could have been. Wasn't this the one where Affleck made some passive joke about harassment? And his co-stars were silent. I'd much rather have this entire interview tossed out--out of the fact that its pretty cringe-worthy in certain segments.

Honestly, it's really sad when you see the difference in everyone's enthusiasm for the project before and after Snyder left.

I mean how do you see audiences on a movie that you know is vastly inferior to the film that you s0ent several months working on? And in cases like Affleck where he was going through his own personal issues mixed in with the disappointment of how this all turned 9ut differently from the pitch that had originally convinced him to take this role... yikes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"