Justice League Zack Snyder Directing Justice League (The Snyder Cut Edition) - Part 2

Had no idea Terrio even had any involvement in The Rise of Skywalker.

In which case, can Argo finally be written off as a fluke?
IIRC, Argo & ZSJL can be considered Terrio solo projects. MOS2/BvS was originally Goyer's writing for which he took over while the Rise of Skywalker was someone else's writing that he's probably forced to conform to. lol

Didn't he effectively have carte blanche over all of Luthor's dialogue? I mean I don't mind most of the flowery puns and the wordplay, but stuff like 'One of my Rebuild Metropolis crews found it' just leaves me huffing in exasperation. Couldn't have taken a further two minutes out of the day to make that exposition flow just that little smoother and less awkwardly?

Ben came back to film scenes for it as a thank you to Zack. I doubt he even got paid his usual wage for it, what more do you want from him?

He doesnt owe me or anyone a damn thing, but because he did come back, I thought he would do some interviews thats all. Kinda how Ray, Joe and Zack were doing. Now, if my answer doesnt sit well with you, come down to a popeyes parkinglot and we can handle this.

Last edited:
I definitely get the impression that if Snyder & Terrio had full control for JL sequels it would go over terribly with general audiences like BvS did, and burn the goodwill earned with ZSJL. It's vaguely funny to me that I also feel that ZSJL is liked by general audiences because it feels like a normal above average comic book team up movie with some decent quips (to give credit it is certainly more competently made than the Whedon cut - removing the big Flash scenes is beyond stupid).

Had Terrio written JL as he wanted without any studio interference it would be drastically different in tone with much less quipping. That said, I do wish it was a bit more similar to BvS. A lot of the character development happens off screen between the two movies which is a bit frustrating and makes them feel totally different at times - especially with Bruce, who I much prefer in BvS. The entire movie just does not feel like BvS at all, and I think that's part of why it's getting lots of good reviews. It's very much a superhero movie that ticks the right boxes for general audiences (this isn't a bad thing). I just don't think the sequels would have even remotely the same reception.

Edit: TLDR: the studio intervention that happened before JL started filming in 2016 that caused the more shlocky tone and humour is part of ZSJL's success and Snyder/Terrio carte blanche for sequels will not go over nearly as well if they were to happen.

Last edited:
Just got unfollowed by a guy on Twitter from Batman on Film cause I told him he was misunderstanding what Restore the Snyderverse is, those guys are absolute morons. They’re so threatened by anything from the Snyderverse. I don’t even get why they’re so bothered about us possibly getting more when they’re getting their solo Batman.

Also, I know some of y'all will come at me, but getting to 2mill tweets is impressive, but pointless if that aint translating into SC views. I started watching the black n gray version and I could not stop laughing at them icelandic chicks singing and sniffin his sweater. Zack you beautiful maniac!

That interview that Sarnoff gave was certainly intended to deflate fan enthusiasm for the movie, the TSS promotion (trailer) and other cast announcements (BA, Shazam 2) are routine things that they have to do as they have already waited long due to pandemic.

You believe that the interview, which featured like 10% discussion of the Snyder Cut, much of it positive toward the Snyder Cut, but mostlt geared toward positively discussion their other projects, was specifically intended to deflate fan enthusiam for the movie that they want people to pay to watch?

Fans can be as enthusiastic as they want about the movie. No one is stopping them.

Fans helped show there was a demand for it. HBO Max would never have finished this off for content if they were not convinced there was an audience for it. So, I don't disagree with a lot of what you're saying. I have made those points on the forum thousands of times. But by that same token, the fans had some role in making HBO Max interested in it. Again, no campaign and no public interest, then HBO Max I highly doubt ever makes it. Why would they have dusted off a cut no one wanted to see?

More than 1 star aligned when this whole thing happened.

Right, fans showed that they wanted it. But the reason it happened was not people wanting it. Otherwise, we'd have already seen MAN OF STEEL 2.

"Some role" is not "the reason it happened". The reason it happened is that it was almost done and they could leverage it during a difficult period of filmmaking and content production with a moderate investment.

The same scenario does not apply moving forward. This is the point. This project had leverage that other Snyder projects arguably will not.

Now if his new movie does incredibly well? Maybe then there are discussions.

The thing I find amusing is that not only did Warner encourage the multiverse idea, they dedicated an entire event to it in DC Fandome. The hopes of multiple worlds, multiple Batmen etc....actually started with them.

And they're already planning on using characters from the Snyderverse as it is, and were, before the Syder Cut became a reality. FLASHPOINT will feature Ezra's Flash and Affleck's Batman, and is rumored to include heroes from other film universes as well.

The whole point of the multiverse approach is not to development multiple universes; it's that WB can make largely self contained films, and not rely on interconnectedness except for occasional multiverse/team up adventures.

A Snyderverse in any real sense, would rely on interconnectedness. They're clearly moving away from that, and have been for several years now.

If they want to blame someone for the behaviour of some unruly fans they need look no further than themselves as they planted the seeds.

Uh...no. Fans are responsible for their own unruly and often toxic behavior.

The Suicide Squad even being a thing while the universe that bore it is allegedly dead just proves how much they have botched things.

What are you talking about? Wonder Woman and Aquaman are still a thing, too. So is Shazam. Those are all connected to the universe that bore them as well. As are Peacemaker, and various other spinoffs in the works.

Also, I know some of y'all will come at me, but getting to 2mill tweets is impressive, but pointless if that aint translating into SC views. I started watching the black n gray version and I could not stop laughing at them icelandic chicks singing and sniffin his sweater. Zack you beautiful maniac!

The best thing about it is that you can imagine Superman's costume is any color you want it to be.

He doesnt owe me or anyone a damn thing, but because he did come back, I thought he would do some interviews thats all. Kinda how Ray, Joe and Zack were doing. Now, if my answer doesnt sit well with you, come down to a popeyes parkinglot and we can handle this.

Are you going to buy me a 6 piece spicy chicken tender plate w/a biscuit?

The Suicide Squad even being a thing while the universe that bore it is allegedly dead just proves how much they have botched things.

Someone could dismiss this as just marketing which is fine, but that doesn't mean marketing comes without consequences.

Lol so because they dont want to continue Snyders JL sequels, they botched things? SS was more profitable than BvS, it was going to continue. What are they trying to do though? Course correct since the first one failed critically.

But WB far from botched the universe by continuing what worked.

You believe that the interview, which featured like 10% discussion of the Snyder Cut, much of it positive toward the Snyder Cut, but mostlt geared toward positively discussion their other projects, was specifically intended to deflate fan enthusiam for the movie that they want people to pay to watch?

Fans can be as enthusiastic as they want about the movie. No one is stopping them.

Right, fans showed that they wanted it. But the reason it happened was not people wanting it. Otherwise, we'd have already seen MAN OF STEEL 2.

"Some role" is not "the reason it happened". The reason it happened is that it was almost done and they could leverage it during a difficult period of filmmaking and content production with a moderate investment.

The same scenario does not apply moving forward. This is the point. This project had leverage that other Snyder projects arguably will not.

Now if his new movie does incredibly well? Maybe then there are discussions.

And they're already planning on using characters from the Snyderverse as it is, and were, before the Syder Cut became a reality. FLASHPOINT will feature Ezra's Flash and Affleck's Batman, and is rumored to include heroes from other film universes as well.

The whole point of the multiverse approach is not to development multiple universes; it's that WB can make largely self contained films, and not rely on interconnectedness except for occasional multiverse/team up adventures.

A Snyderverse in any real sense, would rely on interconnectedness. They're clearly moving away from that, and have been for several years now.

What are you talking about? Wonder Woman and Aquaman are still a thing, too. So is Shazam. Those are all connected to the universe that bore them as well. As are Peacemaker, and various other spinoffs in the works.

I am only replying to my section of the above post. I agree a sequel is a different prospect. I have said many times over that all depends on if WB sees it as financially viable. Only WB and HBO Max can answer that. I don't know why you are making these points to me because I have not been arguing against them in any post of mine you are replying to. The only thing I disagreed on was that fans are one reason the cut happened. It is not like the campaign did nothing, otherwise we should be seeing other directors cuts that were more complete than this.

But yeah, you seem to be having a different argument than the one I was in.

I don't share your belief that WB are not building towards another shared universe. Look no further than Hamada getting pissy over Joker.

Just to be clear, I don't approve of the tactics of these fans especially when they hijack the feeds of other films on Twitter and the like.

My issue is with Warner trying to act like a poor put upon studio by toxic fans when they designed a weekend long event to manipulate fans into believing what Muschietti, Reeves and Snyder were doing could co-exist.

Yes and it's all just a mess in my opinion. Wonder Woman as a character is in a moment of crisis and Aquaman was an MCU Lite film. There's no coherency whatsoever to what Warner is doing with these properties.

Lol so because they dont want to continue Snyders JL sequels, they botched things? SS was more profitable than BvS, it was going to continue. What are they trying to do though? Course correct since the first one failed critically.

But people claimed SS didn't work tho

Does anyone else think ZSJL still feels like it probably did have some rewrites by a writer other than Terrio even though he's the only one credited? His dialogue has a very particular feel in both BvS and parts of Skywalker which only crops up sometimes here. Makes me wonder if there's some more minor Johns touch ups and that's part of why he's thanked in the credits.

Maybe... But that "thank you" list seems to acknowledge some of the more influential DC writers/artists over the decades. And some of them are now deceased. So Johns isn't being especially singled out.

i wanna hear chris terrio's thoughts on this now that this has been released.

i know he been in hiding ever since rise of skywalker tho. :funny:
star wars fans coming at him with pitchforks!
In Terrio’s defense, Rise of Skywalker was dead on arrival after the terrible job Disney/Lucasfilm did in setting up the sequel trilogy. So not entirely Terrio’s fault

The, "All the hopes and dreams of Krypton live in you now," line immediately brought up the, "A thousand generations live in you now," line from RofS.

I personally like the perceived clunkiness of Terrio's writing in BvS, it's one of the things that got me interested in the movie and sort of set it apart from other CBM's. It's strange, and I dig it. I understand that others feel differently.

[

They course corrected on some properties but I would question in how much good health they're in.

Wonder Woman seems to be in trouble creatively after WW84.

Aquaman did well but I wasn't fan of its formula and I would question the tranjectory it's on. Creatively I just don't see where it goes.

The Flash has taken an unbelievably long time to come to fruition and the only reason it has finally got moving is that Hamada has mandated it as the film to fix his DC universe.

It's that last film that is the biggest indicator that Warner know themselves there's something seriously broken in how they're approaching these films. What happens for example to The Suicide Squad once Gunn goes back to Marvel?

You know, the one thing that I could never get is why Silas Stone still lived in Gotham when his work was in Metropolis. The commute alone would be exhausting to do everyday.

Do we know he still lives in Gotham? Victor seems to be living in the apartment he grew up in, but does that mean Silas is currently living with Victor? I got the sense they don't see each other regularly. And working at the scout ship would be a relatively new assignment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"