Zatanna

I will take it in a heartbeat. She'd be perfect. Beyond the look, she's really underrated as an actress.

I'm surprised there hasn't been more developments with a Zatanna movie, the character seemsa ready money hit waiting to happen.

Yeah, I’d be there day 1 for it.

They have a big name director attached. I wouldn’t be surprised if Carey Mulligan gets the role

I'm surprised there hasn't been more developments with a Zatanna movie, the character seemsa ready money hit waiting to happen.

I'm more surprised they never made a CW show starring her. She seems perfectly suited for urban fantasy long form fiction.

Who would the villain be? There are a number of magic villains they could use that aren’t necessarily Zatanna villains. It would be nice to see Felix Faust or Klarion.

Who would the villain be? There are a number of magic villains they could use that aren’t necessarily Zatanna villains. It would be nice to see Felix Faust or Klarion.

Those would be good candidates. I favor Felix Faust as the "main" villain because he has at least loose ties to the idea of a family lineage, so could be used for good thematic contrast with Zatanna. But really, DC has plenty of mystic villains, few of them unbreakably tied to a single hero. She could borrow or steal any number. And its not like the CW had an abundance of other heroes using mystic villains.

If shes meant to tie into the eventual JLDark show they may introduce an underling kinda villain to tease whats to come

d70d155069e35c245f13c4ed55add4e761a9b45d.jpg

syxti4d8enix.jpg

Eiza Gonzalez is one of the picks for the role. She has previously shown interest in the role. Eiza had a back and forth on Twitter with Geoff Johns (they followed each other on twitter which led to more casting speculations) where she stated that Zatanna is one of her faves. She also liked a tweet back in 2016 which celebrated the anniversary date of Zatanna's creation.
She could be great. :up:

Hopefully there are plans for Zatanna in the DCU.

She could be great. :up:

Hopefully there are plans for Zatanna in the DCU.

I do too and Eiza Gonzalez would make a great Zatanna but another actress who could pull it off: Alexandra Daddario

I’ve suggested Courtney Eaton for Wonder Woman, but honestly, I think she might actually be better suited for Zatanna…

I feel sorry for the actress who has to memorise all the backwards gibberish of the spells, they'll probably overdub it, as memorising it could be too much. it was always a pain in the ash reading the backwards spells in the comics, in the movies you won't be able to tell what she is saying, that could be a problem.

or just subtitles in a suitably spooky font. yeah, they would need to do that probably.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"