Far From Home Zendaya IS MJ

Another hissy fit....

These characters are still in high school when not let them grow and have some character development before going in on them with your five year old like hissy fit
And like many have said she isn't Mary Jane
The arc you're describing isn't the character. It's like making Spider-Man into Patrick Paulson whose a bully and ladies man before he gets bit by the spider and then he gets bitten by the spider and he becomes like comic spiderman to me. I don't see the point in using the character spiderman then.

Why are we discussing this if it's really not her?
Still quite the stupid decision, not to mention it's likely at this point Mary Jane will be non-existent in the MCU because of it.

Guess she can join Uncle Ben in that club. :o
Ben I can get, we've had 2 what I assume is generally considered pretty solid Ben portrayals. Yeah I think that's a glaring flaw in SMH that he wasn't mentioned by name or seen, but I can get it. They don't want to tread what I assume is generally considered well treaded ground. But MJ, while I disagree about the criticisms against Raimi MJ and that she wasn't like the character, we haven't had MJ in live action in 10 yrs and I think Raimi MJ isn't considered a solid adaption generally. I don't think there's a legit reason to not give it a go.

Last edited:
You still have to acknowledge Ben's existence at some point. If they're smart about it, they could bring it up in a dramatic scene. With Mysterio doing his shtik with illusions, he could materizalize one out of Ben (assuming he finds out Spidey's identity) and use it to his advantage.

I understand not showing Ben because the character's been overexposed and shown recently in TAS movies, but he's still a core part of what turns Peter into Spider-Man. Continuing to brush his impact on Pete aside in the MCU (with the exception of Civil War, which "referenced" him pretty well I think) is doing a disservice to the Spider-Man mythos.

Still quite the stupid decision, not to mention it's likely at this point Mary Jane will be non-existent in the MCU because of it.

Guess she can join Uncle Ben in that club. :o

Exactly! Why name her MJ if she's not going to be Mary Jane? You know people are going to compare her to Mary Jane which is also unfair to Michelle's character. I can't imagine a guy as smart as Feige would do this on purpose.

It makes no sense. It was probably my only major gripe with Homecoming, it was an unnecessary change. I hope they explain It proper

DhHjs_bUEAAT8jY.jpg

doesn't this look like a dressing room?

NVM It's from yesterday, the look matches one of her insta stories.

I'd rather keep her looking like she did for the whole series. I find that look much more interesting.

Ok either you forgot the H or you're ****in wierd

What's wrong with finding her attractive? Pretty sure he meant to say hmmm but still...nothing wrong with finding someone who is attractive attractive. Don't have to call him "****in weird".

I meat "Mmm..." as in wondering if they would change her look from Homecoming. :funny:

Still, I do think Zendaya's beautiful. Nothing wrong with that, man.

Sorry guys, it was meant to be sarcasm. I knew it was probably just a typo or misunderstanding of grammatical use, but I was just being sarcastic. "Hmmm..." (wondering) and "Mmmm" enjoying something (usually food, but y'know, there's other things too.) are different things.

Last edited:
But yeah I find her attractive too, just the whole enjoyment "Mmmm" thing sounded a little weird.

Yeah, I dun goofed there. ^^'

Exactly! Why name her MJ if she's not going to be Mary Jane? You know people are going to compare her to Mary Jane which is also unfair to Michelle's character. I can't imagine a guy as smart as Feige would do this on purpose.

Just in case a child actor didn't make it in the transition to an adult actor perhaps. She is meant to be Mary Jane but we don't have to change actors as with the Hulk or War Machine

hopefully michelle will have lots to do in the sequel and be more a part of the action.

If they wanted to race swap Mary Jane, they should've just race swapped her. Don't turn her into a completely different character who is MJ in initials only.

After all, we wouldn't say that this was the same character just because of the same initials, even if Michael Jackson suddenly said "my friends call me MJ."

550.jpg

Even if he had a sex change and started calling himself Mary Jane, that would not make him the same person as Mary Jane Watson.

I think fans would've been far more accepting if they just made Zendaya a classic Mary Jane without all the subterfuge and very contrived way of going about getting her to that point, especially when Mary Jane has a character arc they can already use from superficial party girl to someone who is much deeper under the surface.

Yeah, nothing wrong with the idea of Zendaya playing Mary Jane conceptually.

But don't do it now, after how she was presented in the first flick. Keep them separate at this point, the similar name thing can just be coincidence.

If they wanted to race swap Mary Jane, they should've just race swapped her. Don't turn her into a completely different character who is MJ in initials only.

After all, we wouldn't say that this was the same character just because of the same initials, even if Michael Jackson suddenly said "my friends call me MJ."

550.jpg

Even if he had a sex change and started calling himself Mary Jane, that would not make him the same person as Mary Jane Watson.

I think fans would've been far more accepting if they just made Zendaya a classic Mary Jane without all the subterfuge and very contrived way of going about getting her to that point, especially when Mary Jane has a character arc they can already use from superficial party girl to someone who is much deeper under the surface.

.......................................................................................................................................:huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh:..........................................................Christ

550.jpg

Exactly! I would have been perfectly fine with Zendaya playing MJ if they made it clear from the start. Even though i prefer MJ to be a redhead, her hair and skin color are not the most important elements. However, they also completely changed her personality so now she doesn't look or act like Mary Jane. Also, lmfao at that Michael Jackson analogy hahahaha.

So I guess they'll start dating sometime during the movie?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"