Far From Home Zendaya IS MJ

I mean....no. Even though I don’t like the waffling they’re doing, there are far, far, farrrrrrrr worse adaptations.
I gotta agree, I can think of easily 10 off the top of my head I think are wayyyyy worse.

They're not gonna reboot Spider-Man again if Marvel were to get the full rights. C'mon, let's be rational here.
Rational would be to stop making these movies, at least for a couple of years (10-20-30!), until someone with a strong desire and ability to handle the Spidey-verse comes along who can make a proper franchise.

tumblr_pghsexCaYN1rv3v6v_1280.jpg

Looks like MJ, i mean zendaya gets into more of the action this time.

Oh, I'm aware of that moment
but MJ's name is Maryjane, not Michelle

:p
PS. plus, who are these "friends" she mentions... everybody in the high school calls her michelle, and she doesn't seem like the social butterfly type regardless

nice to see her character continues in the show. I think this will increase Zendaya's profile.
still no explanation on whether this takes place before the events of Infinity Wars or after. I guess we'll see.

nice to see her character continues in the show. I think this will increase Zendaya's profile.
still no explanation on whether this takes place before the events of Infinity Wars or after. I guess we'll see.

The synopsis said it was after Infinity War a long time ago.

So I guess Zendaya will surely step up and be a bigger character this time around. Enough hinting in the background.

So I guess Zendaya will surely step up and be a bigger character this time around. Enough hinting in the background.

Now she'll just hint in the foreground and we still won't know for sure.

I wonder if she will get the jackpot line.

I know instantly people would be like NO IF SHE ISN'T MARY JANE THEN MARVEL WOULD NEVER DO THAT!, but judging by Homecoming when it comes to those particular references, nothing is off the table.

it'll prob be her, looking at a shirtless Tom Holland and saying "Jackpot!" :whatever:

She's not Mary Jane Watson, but neither is anyone else. She's Peter's "MJ".

You think they're going to introduce a Mary Jane Watson and then have Peter call her MJ as well? Not happening, she's it ladies and gentlemen.

nope, never thought that would happen, I'd have preferred they just had the balls to call her maryjane and make her less droll and ironic and more like the MJ we know
I don't need a white redhead supermodel, but don't distort her personality that way, MJ is too important to Spidey's mythos for that

people complained Garfield right out of the role for being "too cool to be Peter", but completely changing MJ's personality is totally fine?

Well had Sony been the ones to make the Michelle version of MJ people would be going nuts about how Sony messed up Mary Jane. But because it's marvel doing it there seems to be more of a reluctance to complain and more of an effort to accept whats going on. Although that's probably because who can you cry should get the rights if marvel don't give you what you want?

Last edited:
Yeah well, love me some Marvel, but nobody's above making mistakes

nope, never thought that would happen, I'd have preferred they just had the balls to call her maryjane and make her less droll and ironic and more like the MJ we know
I don't need a white redhead supermodel, but don't distort her personality that way, MJ is too important to Spidey's mythos for that

people complained Garfield right out of the role for being "too cool to be Peter", but completely changing MJ's personality is totally fine?
But she's not MJ Mary Jane. She's here own character. No personality is changed.

Ok, so if the next round of Spidey movies starred Peter Carver, a hip young musician with Spider powers, fighting his nemesis Norman Cosburn, a mild-mannered dermatologist, y'all would just be cool with that?

Ok, so if the next round of Spidey movies starred Peter Carver, a hip young musician with Spider powers, fighting his nemesis Norman Cosburn, a mild-mannered dermatologist, y'all would just be cool with that?
Only if it's Marvel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"