Far From Home Zendaya IS MJ

DhRnwkXXcAYwaZg.jpg:large

That quote is from digitaltrends.com/ who would not be the most trustworthy site on solid information or leaks so I doubt it true

Am up for it if it she is just don't have the relationship rushed.

I wouldn't mind it if she was MJ. Flash Thompson is by far the worst casting of these films...

I like Flash > MJ. Mostly its the name that bugs me at this point. She's not Mary Jane Watson... And that's fine, but lets not pretend she is either.

If the Gwen rumors are true, I wouldn't mind seeing a real Mary Jane at some point too.

That fact that they're being so coy about whether she is or isn't MJ is what's most annoying.

That fact that they're being so coy about whether she is or isn't MJ is what's most annoying.

Honestly if she had just been unnamed until she said "my friends call me MJ" this whole thing would be so much simpler. That was the only scene in the movie where they mentioned her name, so it felt like a weird waste. Just call her Mary Jane!

Zendaya Was Really Surprised About Her Spider-Man: Homecoming Role

At first I thought I would have to because you're kind of used to the notion that, OK, even though the character is fictional and could be anybody, they probably are going to go with the standard of what they want and what they've always had. I definitely went into it like, 'Hopefully they'll'---as they call it in the industry--- 'go ethnic.' I remember making the decision to straighten my hair. I didn't know that they were going to be more diverse in their casting. I didn't know that I was walking into a situation where they were already breaking the rules. You get so used to having to break the rules for people.
https://www.cinemablend.com/news/24...urprised-about-her-spider-man-homecoming-role

I'm still honestly baffled at what they're doing with her characterization wise. Either make her Mary Jane or don't, there should be no inbetween.

I never will understand how people could like the bastardization of these characters so much. It baffles me. "MJ" or whatever is the worst reboot ever of a comic book counterpart.

I'm still honestly baffled at what they're doing with her characterization wise. Either make her Mary Jane or don't, there should be no inbetween.

This is essentially where I sit. As an original character, I enjoyed Michelle...but don’t then add this “she’s MJ...kinda” spin to her. You want to show an evolution of Mary Jane? I’m open to that, just call her Mary Jane.

The whole thing reeks of indecision, and that makes me think they weren’t confident enough to trust that they could make a new character people would respond to, or weren’t confident people would get behind seeing an evolution of Mary Jane’s character. They just need to plant their flag down on one side or the other and commit.

I never will understand how people could like the bastardization of these characters so much. It baffles me. "MJ" or whatever is the worst reboot ever of a comic book counterpart.
I mean....no. Even though I don’t like the waffling they’re doing, there are far, far, farrrrrrrr worse adaptations.

Best case scenario if you ask me is Sony takes this version of Spider-Man back after Far From Home & after the X-Men & Fantastic Four are established in the MCU 3 or 4 years later or so after MARVEL gets the Spider-Man rights back in full simply reboot. I will shed no tears if Sony takes Spider-Man back because the MCU will never get his famous villains & its different enough where when the MCU eventually owns Spider-Man in full they can do a better even more faithful take on him & co

Marvel are unlikely to do that. What are they going to say? That the version of Spider-Man in Civil War and Infinity War wasn't the real Spider-Man all along, even though he thought he was, had the same powers and name and general same backstory?

Marvel aren't going to want to reboot yet another Spider-Man again. Then how will they distinguish it from previous incarnations when they'll have felt they've already been down some of these paths before? That's exactly why they made Homecoming different because otherwise things would've felt stale, or so they reasoned.

Best case scenario if you ask me is Sony takes this version of Spider-Man back after Far From Home & after the X-Men & Fantastic Four are established in the MCU 3 or 4 years later or so after MARVEL gets the Spider-Man rights back in full simply reboot. I will shed no tears if Sony takes Spider-Man back because the MCU will never get his famous villains & its different enough where when the MCU eventually owns Spider-Man in full they can do a better even more faithful take on him & co

That’s highly unlikely. If Sony takes the rights back, I don’t see a scenario in which Disney they gets them back again for a long, long time, if ever.

What’s more likely, especially if Sony continues their struggling track record, is that Disney buys the Spidey rights back as they continue to spiral downward and or close.

I certainly see no need to reboot this version of Spidey, as it’s not only a very good interpretation, but very profitable.

This year alone Sony has had what one maybe two successful movies ? While that one year Jumanji 2 was literally their only success They are likely the next Studio up for sale as even Jumanji 3 next year is not a guaranteed success if that suffers the third movie curse & I say a reboot is easily possible depending on how long he is back with Sony Pictures which likely will not be long at all. But regardless no reboot is off the table in my opinion whenever MARVEL does eventually get Spider-Man back in full

If Sony flops, Disney isn’t going to reboot a Spider-man that’s appeared in two of their most profitable films they’ve ever made, and his stand alone which made tons of money as well.

A reboot in the near future would require so many huge failures and chips falling in precisely the right way that the odds are essentially non-existent.

Sony failing is definitely a possibility as you’re right, Sony has had precious few box office successes, but Spidey being rebooted by Disney is very, very, very unlikely.

Really this shows the flaw in the way people look at Marvel.

This is already Marvels Spider-man but you have just argued that Sony should take him out of the MCU and then Marvel can reboot him again later... because they would do it more faithfully next time?

Almost like a refresh so we can still go by the idea that marvel still wanna give us the most faithful adaptation yet.

We will just gotta see what happens as there are ways as I said story wise where the MCU can take advantage of a few things all we can do is wait & see
Story wise they certainly could. Financially, it makes zero sense for them to do it.

Story changes will not effect anything financially at this point as its not about the people playing them its about the characters themselves now these characters have transcended above the actors & actresses. If somebody wont see these movies based on whos playing who they were never fans of the movies to begin with. Casting changes will also always be something people will gotta get used 2

Completely rebooting a brand the audience has shown to have faith in would be a move Disney would never do. They purposefully cast young because they obviously want to use this Spider-man for the long haul. Recasting or rebooting would make no sense financially and there's absolutely no need story wise to do it.

It's not going to happen.

They're not gonna reboot Spider-Man again if Marvel were to get the full rights. C'mon, let's be rational here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"