Zoe Kravitz IS Catwoman

his name is Robert Paulsonattinson. his name is Robert Paulsonattinson. his name is Robert Paulsonattinson. his name is Robert Paulsonattinson.

There‘s been some talk about Batman‘s inexperience and him making mistakes in the film. When it comes to Catwoman I also wanna see real struggle. She should not be some super soldier like Black Widow, running through an army of men with ease. In fact I would like her to not be involved in many physical altercations (at least in the first film), and instead have her just be super sneaky and smart, finding these brilliant ways to get out of harm’s way. Until the last act, where Selina is trapped by one of Falcone’s henchmen, a completely ruthless guy more than twice her size, with nowhere to go. Her physical limitations become apparent, she gets beat up and is seriously scared for her life. In the end she somehow, some way beats the guy, not by using some absurd over the top headscissor maneuver, but by outsmarting him, using her surroundings, trapping him or whatever. But this should have an impact on her physically and mentally. No sugarcoating.

Yeah seeing them with real struggle will be an interesting point with this film.

Also, Reeves pointed out that this movie is on Batman's Point of view. Do you think we'll see much of the other characters without Batman or Bruce with them?

It would be cool to always follow Batman in his quest ala Joker,we delve into the city with him and discover everything simultaneously, bad guys, other characters.

I so much don't want this movie to be a cgi fest. Go I hope reeves stays realistic in his setting and set pieces.

Last edited:
I’m sure it won’t be a CGI fest. Even the CG he uses for some magical reason tend to NOT look like CGI.

Yeah everything we've seen so far is pointing in the right direction for this kind of film.
I've got nothing against the use of cgi as you said as long as it is not overused.

Sam raim's spider-man swinging still feels real after almost 2 decades, thanks to his spidercam and his love for practical effects.

Also, happy new year to everyone. (a bit late I know)

Even his Apes films don't really "feel" like CGI fests to me.

I'm not worried about that at all.

I imagine Fincher route here. There, but mostly unnoticeable; buildings and backdrops. Reeves did say he's using the location shots and/or sets and then will enhance in post. That could be major or minor. They could always alter or add structures.

Even his Apes films don't really "feel" like CGI fests to me.

I'm not worried about that at all.

I imagine Fincher route here. There, but mostly unnoticeable; buildings and backdrops. Reeves did say he's using the location shots and/or sets and then will enhance in post. That could be major or minor. They could always alter or add structures.

Yes and that is the perfect way to use it.

Im not a fan of the apes movie so that may be the only thing that is worrying me.

But hey I wanted à muscle car and a detective film so for now Im pretty satisfied. The cast is also top notch.

Last edited:
Yes and that is the perfect way to use it.

Im not a fan of the apes movie so that may be the only thing that is worried me.

But hey I wanted à muscle car and à détective film so for now Im pretty satisfied. The cast is also top notch.

Really? I think they're realllly good. Two of the better franchise films as of late. But to each his own. His handling of such an emotional personal journey and the world and characters around him fully affecting said journey was great and delicate, but still brutal and honest. Perfect voice for Batman.

Really? I think they're realllly good. Two of the better franchise films as of late. But to each his own. His handling of such an emotional personal journey and the world and characters around him fully affecting said journey was great and delicate, but still brutal and honest. Perfect voice for Batman.

Don't get me wrong, I just find the directing a bit generic or mainstream, nothing with a clear visual style, but it also really isn't my cup of tea in terms of story too, and I've never fully seen the one with Woody Harrelson. I think it may be a bit overused, but hey, Batman too, but I have a penchant for this universe.

I may be wrong and I might give a new look at the last one, but the first is terrible and second I really didn't like the look or the tragic approach of the story.

Don't get me wrong, I just find the directing a bit generic or mainstream, nothing with a clear visual style, but it also really isn't my cup of tea in terms of story too, and I've never fully seen the one with Woody Harrelson. I think it may be a bit overused, but hey, Batman too, but I have a penchant for this universe.

I may be wrong and I might give a new look at the last one, but the first is terrible and second I really didn't like the look or the tragic approach of the story.

He didn’t direct the first one.

I completely disagree with the directing comment. I saw Dawn last night and it was awesome. Reeves didn’t direct the first one which was a mixed bag for me overall but completely different style to Dawn/War.

Not sure about your “tragic approach” comment tbh.

Safe to say that The Batman is in great hands. Lol Dawn and War are high up there as far as franchise films go in the last decade, maybe even century. They definitely triumph over 95%+ of comic book films.

You guys are convincing me to watch the last one. The tragic sense is that it has to be tragic and it has to make you sad for ceasar and I thought it was no subtle. Like you have to root for him.

And yeah, both sides are good and bad and a mirror to each other is also no really new.

I can't really say more, the trailer didn't get me and the war approach full of cgi monkeys isn't really something I'm fond of. And for the esthetic, it's just that I don't clearly see Matt Reeves signature in any shots, they are well executed and well choregraphed but has no real authenticity.

I'm sure you guys are right and sorry if it doesn't get me as it gets to you but yes, I'll watch them!

And at the end I think Matt Reeves is a good director and the apes movies were his proof hat he can endorse big blockbuster movie. Now that he has made it, I'm sure he'll make Batman more of a film of his own personal style.

And from the trailer, the tone and his interview for his approach, he's more than I could have hope for for a Batman film!

Last edited:
@BarryLyndon That's fair, there is no right and wrong to this, it's all preference, so don't think they're right and you're not. I don't love the Apes movies but I recognize that the last 2 are much smarter than 98% of blockbusters out there and they're very solid big budget movies. He's certainly at the very least a very competent director whose also willing to step in for big studios. I was excited originally mostly for Pattinson's involvement because he picks interesting things.

That said, the Batman costume reveal & trailer blew me away and I've been fully on the Reeves hype train since. Many directors have made movies that barely resemble each other at all - I can't say he has a signature style either, but you can tell it's the same guy involved in all his movies once you hear his thought processes on movie making.

His thought process specifically towards this movie seems really really bulletproof, and I think that's what makes him a good fit for it, rather than just the Apes movies. His words and obvious love for the character and the cast's quality has me excited more so than his back catalogue, if that makes sense. Nolan only had Memento, Following and Insomnia before Batman Begins and he did great, so I can see some parallels there. It's possible this can create a signature style for Reeves considering Nolan's "Nolanisms," tropes and aesthetic didn't really start until TDK (for me anyways).

One thing that it is clear from the Apes movies though is that he's very good at taking a slightly absurd idea and bringing it back down to our level so we can connect with the characters on a human level (which is no small feat when dealing with monkeys!). His dislike of using CGI camera angles and other more modern movie making magic is also refreshing after the Snyder movies

Last edited:
Finished War for the Planet of the Apes and it’s a very good movie and honestly the perfect ending to that story but I still prefer ‘Dawn’.

We’re in good hands. He also knows how to make a whole movie set in winter and make you feel it. I’d love to see Reeves’ own Batman Returns style movie for the Batman sequel.

You guys are convincing me to watch the last one. The tragic sense is that it has to be tragic and it has to make you cry for ceasar and I thought it was no subtle. Like you have root for him.

And yeah, both sides are good and bad and a mirror to each other is also no really new.

I can't really say more, the trailer didn't get me and the war approach full of cgi monkeys isn't really something I'm fond of. And for the esthetic, it's just that I don't clearly see Matt Reeves signature in any shots, they are well executed and well choregraphed but has no real signature in them.

I'm sure you guys are right and sorry if it doesn't get me as it gets to you but yes, I'll watch the last two ones for sure!

And at the end I think Matt Reeves is a good director and the apes movies were his proof hat he can endore big blockbuster movie. Now that he has made it, I'm sure he'll make Batman more of a film of his own personal style.

And from the trailer, the tone and his interview for his approach, he's more than I could have hope for!

I actually agree that he doesn't necessarily have a signature style as far as directing goes, but he's really good at evoking, so emotional characters and arcs are where he can shine and Batman is that tenfold. I see where you're coming from with the tragic bit, but It didn't feel forced to me at all. But that's all preference. A rewatch wouldn't hurt, but no need to apologize! Haha we all have our likes and dislikes.

He's no auteur, but he's beyond capable and has a good rein on emotional storytelling with the camera. He has a nice eye and can handle suspense and drama. He definitely leans mainstream and confines to certain boxes, but he's no cog and he's proven himself in that world. He already has a series in the works and clearly is the overseeing creative force, so I can imagine a more personal and determined Reeves here.

Don't get me wrong guys, Reeves love for the character is palpable and is everything we could have hope for.

I'm a big fan of Gotham Central and how grounded it felt while maintaining the mythology of all the characters and Reeves seems to be on point with this kind of approach.

I'm a big fan of blockbuster when they are well made, it's just we didn't get that much in the last two decades, more so in the last one, so it's like a PTSD for cinema for me.

I'm optimist with Reeves, I just hope he delivers his best film to date since I'm not a fan.

You don’t need to have a visual style that is completely your own in order to make a great Batman movie. Matt is like PTA in that his films are linked thematically and how he deals with characters. But visually they’re both chameleons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"