‘Star Wars’ Spoof ‘Star Worlds’ in the Works

Source

I love Spaceballs & Galaxy Quest, but I'm sceptical.

There already is a Star Wars spoof and that's Spaceballs, and it's a classic. So I don't see the point of this spoof. And btw Galaxy Quest isn't a spoof of Star Wars. It pays homage to the original Star Trek tv series.

Basically spoofs and parodies nowadays are pretty much done in the vein of Lego Batman, etc. Phil Lord and Chris Miller know how to make satire while at the same time respecting the material.

And these two idiots who keep making these movies do not respect the material.

"Jason and Aaron are a powerhouse duo who have proven time and time again that they are fully tapped into the what audiences love,” Hanson said.

This Hanson guy must be living in his own reality.

He is the Kellyanne Conway of the movie biz.

"Tapped into what people love" really? When. People loved The Hunger Games, did their spoof of it even get a theatrical release?

"Tapped into what people love" really? When. People loved The Hunger Games, did their spoof of it even get a theatrical release?

I actually can't even remember the title of that movie.

There was a spoof film for the Hunger Games? :huh:

The Starving Games

[YT]r8yOSMspR1k[/YT]

I came up with a star wars parody a while back that was from the perspective of 2 friends that lose their office job and get a job at the "death star" as troopers, I always imagined Simon Pegg and Nick Frost as the 2 friends.

The Luke Skywalker type character was going to be this annoying activist hipster that keeps trying to hook up with his own sister.

This Hanson guy must be living in his own reality.

Pretty much, they're so bad at what they do that the only lasting impact they could possibly have is crippling the spoof genre for decades to come.

There already is a Star Wars spoof and that's Spaceballs, and it's a classic. So I don't see the point of this spoof. And btw Galaxy Quest isn't a spoof of Star Wars. It pays homage to the original Star Trek tv series.

I know. :whatever:

Basically spoofs and parodies nowadays are pretty much done in the vein of Lego Batman, etc. Phil Lord and Chris Miller know how to make satire while at the same time respecting the material.

this

Galaxy Quest was a decent movie in its own right despite being a spoof to ST, it was certainly not like some other spoof movies that exist like for example, Scary movies.

Hey, the first two Scary Movie films in that franchise were pretty good. They were made mainly by the Wayans brothers, who more often than not are pretty funny.

Meet The Spartans, Epic Movie, Disaster Movie, The Starving Games, etc, were all made by two guys who truthfully had very small roles in the creation of those first two movies. It's like Yoko Ono thinking that because she's the widow of a musical genius that she can somehow have a successful musical career. Unfortunately for her talent isn't sexually transmitted.

Agreed. And it was made by someone who actually knows how to make a go spoof movie, Mel Brooks.

I love Spaceballs. Oddly enough, I don't actually have a copy of it in my DVD collection. I'm gonna have to fix that next payday.

The thing was that Spaceballs did not do well at the Box office but it became a cult classic.

I'd actually like to kind of see a movie called "Spaceballs: The Schwartz Awakens" to spoof the current trilogy. Have Mel Brooks serve as executive producer and creative consultant.

Last edited:
Hey, the first two Scary Movie films in that franchise were pretty good. They were made mainly by the Wayans brothers, who more often than not are pretty funny.

Meet The Spartans, Epic Movie, Disaster Movie, The Starving Games, etc, were all made by two guys who truthfully had very small roles in the creation of those first two movies. It's like Yoko Ono thinking that because she's the widow of a musical genius that she can somehow have a successful musical career. Unfortunately for her talent isn't sexually transmitted.

I don't particulay care for Yoko Ono but...Wow, dude :funny:

Anyway, I don't see how this movie doesn't flop.

It's easy to see why this was green lit. These guys make movies that gross about 85 million dollars on a 20 million dollar budget. Make 'em cheap, pocket a small profit. The last spoof movie they did tanked HARD, but the producers are probably betting on Star Wars being the deciding factor here.

That was a long time ago. Last one to make 80 million off a 20 million budget was Vampires Suck in 2010, the only reason for that movie's success being people who hated Twilight. Everything they've done since have been bombs, namely since they've gone after movies most people have enjoyed like Hunger Games and Fast & Furious. Their Star Wars spoof will follow suit of the latter. People have caught on to their dumpster fire "spoofs".

Last edited:
I came up with a star wars parody a while back that was from the perspective of 2 friends that lose their office job and get a job at the "death star" as troopers, I always imagined Simon Pegg and Nick Frost as the 2 friends.

The Luke Skywalker type character was going to be this annoying activist hipster that keeps trying to hook up with his own sister.

Troopers from College Humor is close enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"