DC TV Series ‘Batman: Caped Crusader’: Animated Series From Bruce Timm, J.J. Abrams, Matt Reeves Greenlit

Batman-Caped-Crusader.png

Batman-Caped-Crusader1.png

Nice! So Bader is Batman in this? Can’t say I’m disappointed, I love his voice. I kind of hope this voice is a little different than his BATB voice. Something slightly more mysterious and whispery?

Bader was never confirmed as Batman... he only accidentally leaked that he was apart of the voice cast when the news broke that HBO Max was shopping it elsewhere. Bruce Timm and James Tucker have cast him in a number of roles that aren't Batman over the years, so he could be playing anybody.

As of right now, Bader is the only cast member we know about. There hasn't even been a hint of the voice director either.

Whoever is voicing Batman will have mighty shoes to fill, because when I look at the above image I'm still hearing Kevin Conroy.

Bader was never confirmed as Batman... he only accidentally leaked that he was apart of the voice cast when the news broke that HBO Max was shopping it elsewhere. Bruce Timm and James Tucker have cast him in a number of roles that aren't Batman over the years, so he could be playing anybody.

As of right now, Bader is the only cast member we know about. There hasn't even been a hint of the voice director either.

Whoever is voicing Batman will have mighty shoes to fill, because when I look at the above image I'm still hearing Kevin Conroy.
Bader has a great Batman voice, though. I say as a Harley Quinn fan. :cheeky:

First thing that came to mind was Batman's look from Beware The Batman.

First thing that came to mind was Batman's look from Beware The Batman.

At first glance it reminded me of that too, but less because of the Batman look than the impression that the image is CGI.
It's certainly misleading because of the low quality of the picture, or maybe it's actually a painted illustration like Timm sometimes does, with modeling rendering, etc.

In any case, I can't wait to see more of that show! This is my most anticipated Batman project to come.

Michael Rosenbaum (unsuccessfully) auditioned for the role of Batman/Bruce Wayne in Batman: Caped Crusader. It's at the 5 minute mark:

At least we can finally put to bed that Kevin Conroy was ever in contention for the role in this series, which makes me sad, I'm not going to lie. Initial casting and voice recording of season one took place in spring/summer 2022, so I wonder if Bruce Timm knew just how sick Conroy was?

While I'm sad Conroy was unable to have one last fling with Batman and Timm in animation (let's not talk about SS:KTJL), I will of course embrace whoever they have selected to voice the character.

Although, I do hope it's not Bader - I noticed the other actor saying something like ''The Diedrich one''?

Yeah I would have loved to hear Kevin Conroy for one last time.

After seeing the Doom that Came to Gotham, I really wish they let David Giuntoli voice Batman in this show.

Yeah I would have loved to hear Kevin Conroy for one last time.

After seeing the Doom that Came to Gotham, I really wish they let David Giuntoli voice Batman in this show.

Yeah... Giuntoli deserves to voice a ''regular'' Batman now for sure. Considering they are positioning this as a ''spiritual successor'' to B:TAS, they have massive shoes to fill with whoever won the part.

Last edited:

Hnnnnnnnnnnngh

Nice, but we know this show would be similar in style/tone to BTAS for a while now so that aspect isn't necessarily recent news lol

That being said, keep an eye out on how Bruce Timm handles Barbara in this. :o

Nice, but we know this show would be similar in style/tone to BTAS for a while now so that aspect isn't necessarily recent news lol
Design-wise, yes. But my hope is that the animation itself more closely resembles or feels like what we saw in BTAS than any of the more recent DCAU-related stuff.

There being a CG element might complicate that, but I do hope it has that feel.

I wonder if they heard any voice actors in the clip. Probably not... the voice cast for this thing is under ridiculous lock and key.

So more violence, maybe a bit of swearing? I mean, Batman: the Animated Series got pretty dark as is compared to other animated shows of the time like X-Men and Spider-Man. Not to mention Mask of the Phantasm having a bit of blood, plus both it and Return of the Joker having characters say "My God."

Okay, not exactly groundbreaking stuff, but those shows did get dark and mature when they needed to be.

So more violence, maybe a bit of swearing? I mean, Batman: the Animated Series got pretty dark as is compared to other animated shows of the time like X-Men and Spider-Man. Not to mention Mask of the Phantasm having a bit of blood, plus both it and Return of the Joker having characters say "My God."

Okay, not exactly groundbreaking stuff, but those shows did get dark and mature when they needed to be.
Probably sexual content too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"