DC TV Series ‘Batman: Caped Crusader’: Animated Series From Bruce Timm, J.J. Abrams, Matt Reeves Greenlit

Hulu or Netflix seems the most likely to me. Although I do think Hulu would treat it better.

If this goes from being on a service I already have/use frequently (HBO Max) to one I haven’t really planned on getting (Apple), I’m gonna be so ****ing annoyed.

Getting to watch all of Ted Lasso and Severance would sweeten the pot, but still. :o
Boy you better throw in Dickinson.

Oh wow, I still remember his funny Spider-Man MCU and Sony artworks from a while back. Good for him. :up:

Well, Netflix is no stranger to DC properties, with already having Sweet Tooth and Sandman, as well as being the platform where Lucifer was revived.

Apple has by far the best shows, out of these three, in 2022. Also they barely cancel anything at the moment, while Netflix and Amazon are really brutal on that aspect. It's an easy choice for me.

Feels weird that while everyone was celebrating the 30th anniversary of B:TAS, the shows original co-creator had to "go on the road" and convince others to give it's spiritual successor a chance because its parent company doesn't want it.

I only have Netflix out of the three, but I'll be happy as long as somebody picks it up and soon.

EDIT:

The above article is now saying Netflix, Amazon and Hulu are the big contenders for the show. Could be a mistake though...

Last edited:
Ed Brubaker gives a snippet of an update.

"That was not a super fun day, but it was never as dire as the news made it out to be. The show wasn't cancelled, production continued, not even with a pause, and then we pitched the show around to other interested buyers. And that's all I can say for now, but fingers crossed we'll all be seeing the show soon, somewhere. Everything I've seen from the first season so far is amazing, and the scripts were all fantastic, and much different than what people are expecting."

Still waiting for literally any streaming service to pick this up. How anyone still hasn't is beyond me.

Im sure they are still bidding for it. WBD isnt going to take the first person who wants it, they want as much $$ as they can get.

I think it'll likely end up on Netflix or Apple. Disney aint gonna bother that much (though itd funny and lots of free promotion) and Paramount/Peacock arent big in the animation biz yet.

Amazon Prime Video wasn't being listed by the trades, but I guess this is where Batman: Caped Crusader will end up:

It could pair well with Invincible (Even though B:CC will be much more family friendly).

Yep. Like I said in the HBO Max thread, I think it's only a matter of time until they announce it.

A brief update from Ed Brubaker (keeping us going with his crumbs). Production is still going great and... yeah, we'll see it on Amazon Prime soon, I'm betting.

In sadder news, Kevin Conroy passed away recently. I didn't know him, but all the folks at WB animation were really devastated. I send my heartfelt condolences to his family and friends, and his legion of fans, which I am one. His work will last forever, I hope.

(And on that note, I have no news on the Batman animated show to share, but I have a LOT of faith you will see it somewhere, and production on the show continues full steam ahead)

He also appeared on the Comic Book Herald podcast recently. B:CC talk starts at around 56 minutes in. Brubaker does hint that we will ''probably see it on the same schedule as before''.

- He has seen animatics for roughly half of the season
- Voice recording for the whole season is done.
- The show had a writers room where they ''broke the entire season (different to how it was done in the past)
- It is ''a reboot of Batman as a 40's pulp character''.

That last bullet point is all I ever wanted from this show. Can't wait! :D

A brief update from Ed Brubaker (keeping us going with his crumbs). Production is still going great and... yeah, we'll see it on Amazon Prime soon, I'm betting.

He also appeared on the Comic Book Herald podcast recently. B:CC talk starts at around 56 minutes in. Brubaker does hint that we will ''probably see it on the same schedule as before''.

- He has seen animatics for roughly half of the season
- Voice recording for the whole season is done.
- The show had a writers room where they ''broke the entire season (different to how it was done in the past)
- It is ''a reboot of Batman as a 40's pulp character''.

Oh hot diggity damn I want this now.

So, between Invincible, Vox Machina and now this, it seems like Amazon keeps taking chances on and is becoming a hub for a lot of animated shows.

Wonder if that means anything for all of the stuff taken off of HBO Max.

I think all the non-dcu animation stuff moves over to amazon, a few months back they talked about a deal between dc animation and amazon and i'm assuming this is step one of that

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"