10.20 - Prophecy - Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

How can you hate Noir? It was a silly and really fun episode to watch. I love it just to watch the cast act out the time period.

I loved it. Then again, I also loved the silly Jimmy Olsen James Bond episode, even if it was horribly cheesy.

But I also don't have some of the major hang ups as to how the show should be all Superman and serious all the time. I love some of the sillier premises they've come up with.

Ok, I thought the episode was bad. They opened up new issues and didn't resolve anything, one episode before the finally? Felt pretty lame. They should be wrapping stuff up so the Finale can be Clark fighting Darsied and Lex and Superman awesomeness.

Now we have to waste time patching Clark and Lois relationship in the episode and saving Ollie. They really can’t end the series with those things hanging out there. Obviously Louis and Clark get back together because they’ve shown pics of the wedding. Whether or not they actually get married is in the air, but now it would be cheesy if they didn’t.

I also agree that after everything Kara went though for Clark she wouldn’t just leave like that. It was a very anti-climactic ending to her story line. So unless they are planning a Supergirl TV Show it was a pretty lame way to end it.

All in all it was not my favorite episode this season, and it makes me less enthusiastic for the Finale.

I wouldn't say this episode was bad, more like it was just like every episode of Smallville that came before it. It was just so generic and pointless, really the whole season has zero momentum for the finale. It started off strong then quickly fell apart, it seems the writers didn't know how to carry on the season story arc and defaulted some pretty lame episodes.

In the beginning of the season they showed some clear steps of Clark growing into Superman chiefly shown by he trying to fly, which would have been a great on going story and plot point of him learn and almost getting it. The moment in homecoming was perfect, then nothing, they just dropped it. Except for the virtual reality one, which was lame beyond comprehension and should be forgotten. A lot of this season just felt like stalling which annoys me because it's not that hard to tell these stories better.

Really I think the last regular episode before the finale should have been something great. Whether it's dramatic, comedic, a reflection, or incredibly simple it should have been special and pump the audience up for the finale. But this was just more of the same.

The episode was ok, it could've been better, Clark and Kara should've had a last scene together, oh well.

For anyone having doubts about the finale, this Canadian trailer should give you hope again: :super:

[YT]db7ER4SyA8I[/YT]

I love their "let's get this over with" attitude. This is seriously like torture for them!

The final rating for Prophecy is 2.07, which rounds to 2.1. :super:

So I finally got to watch the episode tonight, and you all had me dreading it.

Surprise surprise, it wasn't as bad as you all made me think it was going to be. It wasn't the best episode of the season by any stretch, but it was enjoyable. Neat cameos by future villians, and I enjoyed the return of Toyman.

Lois was overwhelmed by everything and made a hugely bad judgement call that could have ended horribly, and she learned from it just how strong of character Clark has to be to do his job day in and day out.

Clark finally realized he doesn't need to be tested any longer, he knows what must be done...so he 'unplugged' Jor-el. He's now ready to step out of the shadow of his 'fathers' and into the limelight as his own (Super)man.

Oliver found and subsequently lost Orion's bow. Plus we have closure on Kara and know she'll be well cared for with the Legion. Sucks she didn't say goodbye, but I think she chose not to as doing so would impare her decision to leave. Nice closure, and many have wanted her to go to the Legion for years now...and that's what they gave us.

Uh oh, poor Oliver, he's been captured and omegaized!

So it was an enjoyable episode that had a lot going on for one hour. But it was basically just an in between episode with the primary purpose of leading us into the finale. It was nowhere near as bad as many of you made it out to be.

The final rating for Prophecy is 2.07, which rounds to 2.1. :super:

I like how you just keep bringing up stuff irrelevant to the current discussion.

Never mind the fact that this is the 4th time you felt the need to bring up the ratings for this episode. :whatever:

So I finally got to watch the episode tonight, and you all had me dreading it.

Surprise surprise, it wasn't as bad as you all made me think it was going to be. It wasn't the best episode of the season by any stretch, but it was enjoyable. Neat cameos by future villians, and I enjoyed the return of Toyman.

Lois was overwhelmed by everything and made a hugely bad judgement call that could have ended horribly, and she learned from it just how strong of character Clark has to be to do his job day in and day out.

Clark finally realized he doesn't need to be tested any longer, he knows what must be done...so he 'unplugged' Jor-el. He's now ready to step out of the shadow of his 'fathers' and into the limelight as his own (Super)man.

Oliver found and subsequently lost Orion's bow. Plus we have closure on Kara and know she'll be well cared for with the Legion. Sucks she didn't say goodbye, but I think she chose not to as doing so would impare her decision to leave. Nice closure, and many have wanted her to go to the Legion for years now...and that's what they gave us.

Uh oh, poor Oliver, he's been captured and omegaized!

So it was an enjoyable episode that had a lot going on for one hour. But it was basically just an in between episode with the primary purpose of leading us into the finale. It was nowhere near as bad as many of you made it out to be.

just not as good as the last episode before the series finale should be....the last couple of episodes should have been a mad dash to the finale and instead we've gotten pretty much filler episodes.

just not as good as the last episode before the series finale should be....the last couple of episodes should have been a mad dash to the finale and instead we've gotten pretty much filler episodes.

This I'll agree with. It was a strange episode to place as the penultimate episode of the series. I could see this one working earlier in the season though. It was definitely an enjoyable one and not anywhere near as bad as people said, but yea, definitely a bad episode to place right before the finale.

I look at final seasons of shows like 24 and Lost and the final few episodes felt like final episodes. I can guarantee there will be a disappointing fight in the finale.
The last three episodes should have been about Darkseid...with this last one with a Blur/Darkseid fight that ended on a cliffhanger...then you go into a bad ass series finale.

I doubt there's even going to be a "fight" in the finale. Yeah, we see Apokolips hovering above Earth but Darkseid has been a psychological threat this season. If you expect to see a big superpowered showdown, you're gonna be disappointed. There are way too much stuff happening in the finale either way.

Too be honest I dont expect to see Clark in the Superman costume nor him flying in the finale

Too be honest I dont expect to see Clark in the Superman costume nor him flying in the finale

I don't really expect to see him in the costume either. But look a couple pages back on the 10.21 episode thread. There's a pretty convincing screen cap that looks like CK is flying in his wedding clothes.

Thought this episode was.. well it was below par from the rest I felt.

I didn't mind the Oliver/Kara stuff, that felt like story progression. It was more Super-Lois & Clark, it was pretty much a dull ending to Jor-El on Smallville. After all the crap Jor-El has done, why did Clark not just remove the crystal ages ago rather than waiting until now to do so. The crystal & Jor-El should have stayed, Lois getting Clark's powers for a day should have been Jor-El trying to give Lois a perspective of what it is like to be who he is so she can better understand him.

The finale really looks ace. :up:

I doubt there's even going to be a "fight" in the finale. Yeah, we see Apokolips hovering above Earth but Darkseid has been a psychological threat this season. If you expect to see a big superpowered showdown, you're gonna be disappointed. There are way too much stuff happening in the finale either way.

I hope you're right 'cause to be honest, I would be disappointed if too much time was spent on a big fight scene. I think the finale should be more of a character piece than a big action packed block buster. :dry:

really i can easily see the lois and clark relationship/wedding stuff all taken care of in the first 20mins of the finale. Were as ollie stuff will probably run in for a bit along with the darkseid stuff of the finale.

If there's anything i'll give this episode is that its consistent in terms of Lois' reasons for wanting to call off the wedding.

For the most part, this is pretty much the same reason she ended it with Oliver. That insecurity of being with someone who has a greater destiny and whether or not its right for her to deprive the world of that greatness for her own needs.

[YT]070UDXjtY80[/YT]

I like how you just keep bringing up stuff irrelevant to the current discussion.

Never mind the fact that this is the 4th time you felt the need to bring up the ratings for this episode. :whatever:

The ratings for Prophecy is related to the episode itself, thank you very much. :super:

Reading review now trip can't wait to see your finale one. Going to be sad that will be the last sv one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"