• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

9.20 - Sacrifice - Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Very, very good episode. Callum was awesome and is the Zod I know and love to hate now. Clark not flying is just ridiculous now. I was really hoping that when Kara showed up and could fly that they'd let Clark fly too. I guess I have a whole 'nother season to gripe and complain about him being flightless.

Him not being able to fly seems to be the show's running gag now. So many people can fly, even the freaking cursed comic book kid could fly. Like I said, the reason they came up with is stupid, seeing how Clark could fly in comics, movies and cartoons well before he decided to help the world as Superman. How much more does he have to accept his heritage? Does he need to punish people the Kryptonian way?

Another thing bothersome about the explanation is the fact that Kryptonians aren't born with powers...never had powers or anything of the kind. They are earth bound their whole lifes just as Clark has been. This whole Kryptonian heritage or birthright references to their powers doesn't make sense. If anything Clark should best all of them since he has been able to grow into his abilities over time.

So why wouldn't at least a few of the Kandorians have some type of mental barrier to breaking the laws of gravity like Clark? This should be a pretty unnatural act as opposed to lifting up something really really heavy or running fast.

I believe the 'no tights' rules was put into effect to keep the show "grounded" to attract new viewers to the character/concept. The 'no flights' rule was put into effect to sell the idea/concept to the network (as being cost effecient). The show was only planned for about 5 seasons so Clark taking flight and off to his destiny would have been a big special event.

Though at this point IMO it becomes more of a joke that he still can't take flight. Especially since we've had SO many other flying characters...but hey they didn't ask my opinion. :dry:

Speaking of jokes, from a Spanish forum:

:hehe:

Genius! Someone send that to the producers of the show.

Clark really should be embarrassed and ashamed of himself right now.

I'm starting to think old Clark needs some divine intervention from TinkerBell if she could teach Peter Pan to fly .
1235471561550f.jpg

"All it takes is faith,trust, and just a little bit of pixie dust." - Peter Pan

Then I'm sure she could teach Clark as well.

Last edited:
well in the past i belive its been said to a degree welling didnt really like getting wired up for flying stuff, to "Budget issues". But yea after having kara in season 7 fly every so often, to now zod flying. Its like really whats the dam bloody reason right lol. As for the telling lois his secret i still doubt we will see it for real happen in the show. I think its probably one of those remaining things dc doesnt want smallville to do. So yea flying and full on superman suit are pretty much are last steps for superman. But at this rate we are pretty much already superman. So season ten should be pretty much Superman the season. Hopefully that will be the case.

Yeah, I don't think anyone in their right mind could use the budget excuse anymore. I guess they're going to stick behind their other rationale, that his mental/emotional/humanity blockage keeps him from flying, until probably the series finale.

I would rather he start flying sooner, but... I don't see it happening. I also don't see how he's going to bring down a fully-powered and flying Zod & Co.

Book of Rao?

Maybe the Book of Rao could take the Kandorians' powers away, there's a still from "Salvation" where Zod has a blue kryptonite dagger while facing Clark. This way they could have a longer (and cheaper) fight like the Clark/Alia one in "Savior". It also solves leaving too many people with powers running around, plus Clark is not going to send everybody to the PZ.

Maybe the Book of Rao could take the Kandorians' powers away, there's a still from "Salvation" where Zod has a blue kryptonite dagger while facing Clark. This way they could have a longer (and cheaper) fight like the Clark/Alia one in "Savior". It also solves leaving too many people with powers running around, plus Clark is not going to send everybody to the PZ.
That is one way...

I was thinking, what if the Book of Rao enables Clark to reach full power maturation, i.e. flight? It could be that the Book was left by Jor-El as a safeguard to restore/give powers to a Kryptonian on Earth who had been bereft of them. Maybe it is a temporary boost to Clark, allowing him to take to the skies long enough to take on the Kandorians. When he confronts Zod in the end, Zod brings out the Blue K to even the playing field. After all, Zod is a seasoned war veteran, with or without powers. He would probably think that he'd have the upper hand even as a mortal.

So, this would allow Clark to fly, allow him to take on the Kandorians with equal abilities, but also leave him flight-challenged by the start of next season, with the final, conscious will to fly happening in the series finale.

Even with flight, Clark doesn't stand a chance against 30 or more Kryptonians.

There's gonna be some magic deus ex machina that gets rid of all the clones..

Because there can't be other Kryptonians roaming around the Earth in a community when Superman appears, to align with the mythos.

That probably explains why the 'good' Kryptonians (Vala and the rest) sided with Zod in the previous episode and got powers. They sealed their fate to be taken off the show too.

It's time for a super battle. They've always teased with budget battles, sooner or later, they gotta deliver the goods

Because there can't be other Kryptonians roaming around the Earth in a community when Superman appears, to align with the mythos.

That probably explains why the 'good' Kryptonians (Vala and the rest) sided with Zod in the previous episode and got powers. They sealed their fate to be taken off the show too.

Zod has more like a few hundered in his army, alot more then 30. Im sure after he hows the others he can give them powers, they will all kneel before him.

This is an elseworlds tale, anything can happen. Hell anything has happend already.

Or use a boom-tube like devise and send them to a distant plant called "Salvation" just like in the comics.

Well I believe someone's post either in this thread or another had said something like the other Kryptonians will lose their powers, cause Clark's blood has been diluted with Zod's blood so they have them but it will burn out, leaving Clark and Zod alone to fight in the end.

I'm not sure if it's true or not but it is one of many possibilites

That would be pretty strange and well, lame. At least IMO. It's not like they're running on super powered blood fuel that runs out eventually, at least I hope that's not the producer's intention. To me, once Zod got a few drops of Clark's blood, his geneic code was repaired and restored to what it was supposed to be. Now that he's back to being a full Kryptonian or Kandorian, whatever, his blood has the same effect on others, as Clark's blood did on him.

for me if we do get flying i would be fine with not seeing it all the time. or if we only see a take off/land in episodes. Or we can see full on flying lets say every 2-3 episodes. So they can space it out well and all that. I do hope things turn out well fight wise for the finale. And yea either majority of the remaining kandorians are going to get killed. Or maybe the book of rao will give clark access to the phantom zone again and he traps the bad ones there. Then maybe a few like vala if doesnt die turns again on zod and maybe with the help of the book of rao and/or john jones they can go somewhere else.

well in the past i belive its been said to a degree welling didnt really like getting wired up for flying stuff, to "Budget issues". But yea after having kara in season 7 fly every so often, to now zod flying. Its like really whats the dam bloody reason right lol. As for the telling lois his secret i still doubt we will see it for real happen in the show. I think its probably one of those remaining things dc doesnt want smallville to do. So yea flying and full on superman suit are pretty much are last steps for superman. But at this rate we are pretty much already superman. So season ten should be pretty much Superman the season. Hopefully that will be the case.

Another thing that doesn't make since to me is how are the Kandorians able to have full control over their powers? It like ok they have powers but why don't they strugle with controling them. I feel like I'm beating a dead horse on the flight thing but like I said before I think it's nothing more than it's one of the last few big reveals they have left. Which means their probaly gonna stretch it out as long as they can. I would be happy with the same stock shots of Clark flying if it really has anything to do with the budget. And as for Clark telling Lois his secret, I wouldn't be surprised if this doesn't happen for the simple reason of they wouldn't let them do it on Justice League before it ended. But I just think the fact that they're in a relationship on SV it'll just seem kinda like an unfinished story line.

Well I believe someone's post either in this thread or another had said something like the other Kryptonians will lose their powers, cause Clark's blood has been diluted with Zod's blood so they have them but it will burn out, leaving Clark and Zod alone to fight in the end.

I'm not sure if it's true or not but it is one of many possibilites

I highly dought it, because clarks blood just repaired the blue Kryptonite genetic tampering, and zod did the same with his soldeirs.

lol. The Powerpuff girls should make an appearance. Maybe the Professor can make Clark a supersuit which will allow him to fly.:hehe:

Maybe this guy would work - he has the suit and everything:

ralphdoublegm5.jpg

:D

wow great eposode,this is probley the best season so far its so much more darker
i just wonder who they will bring in to help,clarke and green arrow are hardly gonna take down a whole army

It's time for a super battle. They've always teased with budget battles, sooner or later, they gotta deliver the goods

Well, Absolute Justice is the closest thing to that, I don't think the finale will be much better, they just don't have the budget. Is better to have lower expectations with SV, is good for our health.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"