7.04 - Cure - Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Me thinks Craig has forgotten. Again. He's posted other stuff, but your review isnt up. :csad:

And B8I look forward to reading your review later. :yay:

I heard from him, it took a long time for him to post those caps from Action then he had an issue with a section of the review where I had complained about the video player on cwtv.com.

I thought he had a problem with it because I was bad mouthing the cw and maybe went too far. I was thinking he didn't like that I wasn't playing nice with the people who bring us Smallville every week, but that wasn't it.

He didn't want me to say anything that might actually send people over there only to be angered by how stupid that site really is.

:D

LOL!

Too funny....

Anyway, I told him to cut that section, or I could edit it, if he wanted and then I hadn't heard back.

*shrug*

Anyway, I told him to cut that section, or I could edit it, if he wanted and then I hadn't heard back.

*shrug*

NOOOOOooooo! The world needs to know what a horrible site that is and how it discriminates against those not in the U.S.

Don't cut it! It's like a PSA. :D

Just post your review here & name it the uncensored version tripler goes wild.

There ya go...

I could post it here, but then Serene has a good point:

NOOOOOooooo! The world needs to know what a horrible site that is and how it discriminates against those not in the U.S.

Don't cut it! It's like a PSA. :D

LOL!

Well, here's the section that might potentially get cut:

triplet's vide player rant said:
[rant]An aside:

I've said that I'm avoiding spoilers for the most part but I had decided I can't totally turn away from them. I use the official descriptions, for example, as a reference while writing my reviews so I can't give those up. Not that those are particularly spoilery since they are very often wrong but I confine myself to reading those and watching any clips available on CWTV.com. Despite being a newly minted spoiler-phobe, I am an ex-spoiler addict and my spoiler-starved brain needs the minimal fixes I allow myself. So every Friday, without fail, I make my way over to CW's video section to watch the official director's cuts and the trailers.

Well, my dear readers I have had it with that stupid video player on www.cwtv.com! It sometimes doesn't play at all. Last week, for example, I had to view this episode's director's cut on Youtube since I couldn't on cwtv's site. I've also had it lock up my computer, among other problems, so I'm not surprised only four episodes in that each week brings a different problem. The POTW, that's "problem-of-the-week" if you couldn't guess, this week was Dean Cain's voice from this "Cure's" director's cut played over the first half next week's. It really is the last straw.

To start with, and to be frank, their online content absolutely stinks. Other networks have tons of stuff. Games, downloads, wallpapers, dozens of high resolution images of the cast (instead of a handful low-res ones like The CW) and even episodes from their most popular shows! Well, CWTV.com has episodes but only of their struggling shows they're trying to encourage people to see.

So, what's on CWTV.com is minimal and not as high quality as the other networks have on theirs. I can understand that, to an extent. I mean, they're a net-let. It's not like they're even a real network since they don't even provide programming for their affiliates all seven days or during all three prime-time hours like everyone else does. So, maybe it makes sense they're not spending as much money on their site as say NBC or ABC.

However, I would like to point out that minimal as their content is, they should try harder to make sure what they do have actually works! The CW should finally fix the player or go back to the way it used to be.

*takes a deep cleansing breath*[/rant]

Okay, that was longer than I had originally intended but there it is.

Love it - it's the truth. Wish they'd do something about all of it. I've griped about many of those things myself - not to mention having to download a player at all to watch their special little videos. Why should I when they could just post them on YouTube and get a much broader audience and save everyone the hassle of extra software (doing who knows what) cluttering up our machines!

Here is my review guys, sorry for the lateness. I forgot to tape it Thursday, and I had to wait till yesterday to finally see a copy of it a freind taped for me.

http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=8453443&publicUserId=5414311

Comments are welcome.:woot:

Once again, I thoroughly enjoyed reading your review. AND ITA with your final summation:

All in all, I really did enjoy the episode. Many of the mistakes can be overlooked since I'm blinded by the fact that Dean Cain was on the episode. It had a great villain; one that I hope comes back at some point. I don't like what they are doing to Chloe, I'm not sure if I like what they are doing with Lana, and I am intrigued by what they are doing with Kara. Clark killing is never good, and hopefully they don't make that mistake again. Also, Mr. Gough, if you are going to state something in an interview, it's not advisable to go back on it during the very next episode. "Cure" gets a 3.5 out of 5.

Can't wait to read yours, too, Trip.

Here is my review guys, sorry for the lateness. I forgot to tape it Thursday, and I had to wait till yesterday to finally see a copy of it a freind taped for me.

http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=8453443&publicUserId=5414311

Comments are welcome.:woot:

That's great!

I graded it higher than you but I didn't count them down for Clark thinking he'd killed...

That didn't really bother me because he hadn't.

*shrug*

But I disagree on the relationship between Lana and Clark being even a little bit satisfying. It's not to me and it's more than Lana lying to Clark.

They haven't even kissed and the closest they get to showing them being imtimate is when Lana cooks Clark breakfast in her jammies.

They do hug about once an episode, but is that really enough? Where's the romance? Where's the passion?

So what's holding them back? They need to explain it....

Once again, I thoroughly enjoyed reading your review. AND ITA with your final summation:

Thanks! :up:

That's great!

I graded it higher than you but I didn't count them down for Clark thinking he'd killed...

That didn't really bother me because he hadn't.

*shrug*

But I disagree on the relationship between Lana and Clark being even a little bit satisfying. It's not to me and it's more than Lana lying to Clark.

They haven't even kissed and the closest they get to showing them being imtimate is when Lana cooks Clark breakfast in her jammies.

They do hug about once an episode, but is that really enough? Where's the romance? Where's the passion?

So what's holding them back? They need to explain it....

Ok, lets see here.....The reason I took such offense to that isn't because Clark killed someone, since we know he didn't. It was because Clark purposefully knocked a guy into a power box, thus as far as he knew killing him. It is more of a principle thing for me. He didn't kill him, but he thought he did, and in fact meant to. That bugged me.:csad:

I agree with you about Lana and Clark actually. I like that she knows about his abilities now, but I agree that they seem more like good friends than a couple. They should have dropped "Fierce" and did an episode dealing with the effects of Lana coming back.

On an unrelated note, there were a few more things in the episode that didn't make sense to me.

When did Lois ever meet Kara other than getting knocked out by her?
When did Lana ever find out that Chloe was meteor infected?

Also, did it but anyone that Lana seemed to pin their uneven relationship completely on Clark. It takes two to tango.

Best moment was when Kara called him "Martian Manhunter"...very cool.

Thanks! :up:
Ok, lets see here.....The reason I took such offense to that isn't because Clark killed someone, since we know he didn't. It was because Clark purposefully knocked a guy into a power box, thus as far as he knew killing him. It is more of a principle thing for me. He didn't kill him, but he thought he did, and in fact meant to. That bugged me.:csad:

This isn't how I interpreted the scene. To me it seemed like Clark ran in and knocked Knox away from Lex. I don't believe it was ever his intention to send him flying into a transformer. after sparks were a flyin, that's when Clark assumed he'd (accidentally) killed someone.

For an alien who's supposed to be very intelligent, he doesn't seem to think about a lot of stuff until afterward. "Whoops, was that a transformer? Dang, I guess those could kill humans."

I sure wish they'd send him back to college so he'd get some more education in general :-<

This isn't how I interpreted the scene. To me it seemed like Clark ran in and knocked Knox away from Lex. I don't believe it was ever his intention to send him flying into a transformer. after sparks were a flyin, that's when Clark assumed he'd (accidentally) killed someone.
It totally looked like an accident... which it was.

What confused the issue was when Clark told Lex (in the hospital) that it made him sick that he HAD to take a life... The line should have been something like "It makes me sick that I ended up taking a life..."

What confused the issue was when Clark told Lex (in the hospital) that it made him sick that he HAD to take a life... The line should have been something like "It makes me sick that I ended up taking a life..."

You know, it could be that wasn't how it was written... Actors often flub lines so badly it makes the writers look bad.

Like when Lana told Kara (re: the pancakes):

"I wanted to surprise Clark before he woke up."

Do you really think she really wanted to do that?

How could she surprise him while he was asleep? Or why would she even want to?

I think Kristin probably was supposed to say something along the lines of "It's a surprise so I wanted to finish making him breakfast before he woke up..."

That's why its sometimes pointless to pick apart every little flub as a writer's problem when the mistake could very well be the actor's fault.

Like that one time when Genevieve Teague said ancestors when she shoud have said descendents. It was her mistake, not the writer's, but the scene worked other than that so they didn't do another take.

Yea, I got to read you're review earlier. I enjoyed it alot. :up:

Much of it I agree with, especially Tom and Dean Cain's performance.
I really enjoyed the Kara/MM bits, and can't wait to see more of it.

I just really thought Chloe was out of character alot in this episode. I hope they fix that.

My review's up:

http://www.kryptonsite.com/curereview.htm

FYI and he totally cut that part about the videos on CWtv.com...

:(

Oh, well.

Great review Trip. I find myself agreeing with just about every point. Hell, when I was reading your "Rainbows and butterflys" line, it almost seemed as though it was coming out of -my- mouth. Heh.

Something I liked about Vandal, err Knox. Was that even though they played him off as a sympathetic character at the end, he was most certainly evil. The image of him in Nazi uniform, and his line about Jack the Ripper sold this home. If anything, his 'need' to keep sophia alive was all seflishness, and not in her own interests at all. It's almost a contrast to Clark's situation, as opposed to a connection.

there was something else I wanted to say, but I forget. So i'll leave it at that. Great review. =)

Yea, I got to read you're review earlier. I enjoyed it alot. :up:

Much of it I agree with, especially Tom and Dean Cain's performance.
I really enjoyed the Kara/MM bits, and can't wait to see more of it.

I just really thought Chloe was out of character alot in this episode. I hope they fix that.

Thanks!

Well, I think she's in new territory and I thought as a performance, Allison did much better this episode than she had in previous ones this year.

Where they're taking Chloe is a whole 'nother matter.

I'm not sure I like this storyline for her, but Allison is getting a better handle on it as an actress.

It is more of a principle thing for me. He didn't kill him, but he thought he did, and in fact meant to. That bugged me.:csad:

Gotta disagree with you there. Clark was careless, absolutely, but no way did he mean to KILL anyone.

Bingo. That line was terrible and didn't seem well thought out.

Well, I think she's in new territory and I thought as a performance, Allison did much better this episode than she had in previous ones this year.

Where they're taking Chloe is a whole 'nother matter.

I'm not sure I like this storyline for her, but Allison is getting a better handle on it as an actress.

I'm finally finding Chloe a bit more interesting. :O

Great review Trip. I find myself agreeing with just about every point. Hell, when I was reading your "Rainbows and butterflys" line, it almost seemed as though it was coming out of -my- mouth. Heh.

Something I liked about Vandal, err Knox. Was that even though they played him off as a sympathetic character at the end, he was most certainly evil. The image of him in Nazi uniform, and his line about Jack the Ripper sold this home. If anything, his 'need' to keep sophia alive was all seflishness, and not in her own interests at all. It's almost a contrast to Clark's situation, as opposed to a connection.

there was something else I wanted to say, but I forget. So i'll leave it at that. Great review. =)

Thanks!

Gotta disagree with you there. Clark was careless, absolutely, but no way did he mean to KILL anyone.

Yeah, I don't think he intended to kill anyone...

Serene said:
I'm finally finding Chloe a bit more interesting. :O

True...

Actually, in thinking about it a little bit it might be good for Allison as an actress for them to take Chloe out of Allison's comfort zone. Push her a little, give her reason to stretch a bit...

I think the jury's still on whether it's a good idea for Chloe to have a meteor ability, but maybe Allison will grow into it.

I think the jury's still on whether it's a good idea for Chloe to have a meteor ability, but maybe Allison will grow into it.

Not that I dont agree with you, but why do you think it may not be a good storyline for Chloe to have a meteor ability?

It's there. You just have to scroll down a bit.

Oh, he posted it yesterday...

I didn't see that for some reason.

Weird.

Okay, I guess it's official: I need to try and get more sleep.

LOL!

Oh, well...

Good episode. Love the scene with Chloe and Jimmy at the end. We need more Jimmy.

Loved Dean Cain in this epidoes and the quote "we're more alike than you think" that Clark said to Knox.

was the scene at the end the break up scene with Chloe and Jimmy? That was too damn long. They really killed the episode with that scene.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"