7.04 - Cure - Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

And thank you a thousand times over! I swear if I ever get a date, then depending on where that goes, I'm naming my first child after you...maybe my first two kids. We'll see...first things first. :yay:

LOL! Um... okay. Good luck getting that date then!

:D

LOL! Um... okay. Good luck getting that date then!

:D

And regarding the date comment...just so as I don't come off sounding like a total, total loser (even though I wouldn't argue that point,) I'm not a big fan of people in general...group settings and the like...therefore it's hard to meet people when you don't leave your apartment that much. I probably have some kind of undiagnosed social disorder or something...

I realized what that post made me sound like...felt the need to clarify...no date = by choice/design...mostly.

But back on topic...good episode. I still would've prefered Dean in a good guy role. But seeing two versions of Superman go at it was pretty cool. Good MM and Kara stuff too. And I too hope Knox is revealed to be Vandal Savage...or another established baddie...but preferably Savage.

This season the role of Lana will be played by Jimmy Olsen.:whatever:

Has Smallville ever talked about the fact that their are other non-kryptonite related powers out there.

There have been a few people with powers they have either been born with or have gotten in another way than being exposed to Kryptonite.

Yes, most notably the SV justice league members: Bart and A.C. being of the natural kind, and Victor being of the man-made kind. One could argue Oliver; his archery talents are unnatural and quite impressive, though not necessarily superhuman. Isabelle Thoreau and Co. were brought back to life and had magical, superhuman powers that were unrelated to Kryptonite as well.

Mikhail Mxyzptlk, was also established to have powers unrelated to Kryptonite.

Then there's the phantoms.... Lots of people. :woot:

Add to that list Molly (Delete) and Ryan (Stray, Ryan). In fact, when Level 33.1 was first established in Season 4, it was a place for Lex to experiment on people with abilities not related to meteors. Somewhere along the line, it became only meteor-infected.

Can't they just have meta-humans on the show? Since the SV-verse has already established there are non-meteor infected people with abilities running around, I don't know why they always have to go back to the meteor freak route. For one, overly relying on meteor exposure as the reason why someone has abilities dilutes the effectiveness of kryptonite in the future. Also, it's become cliche to have someone simply "caught in a meteor shower." It used to be that people got abilities in more creative ways, whether getting bit by meteor-infected insects, drinking meteor-laced protein shakes, etc. Now meteors just assign random abilities to random people. (C'mon! The Weather Girls)

Also, remember when prolonged exposure to meteors actually had consequences? Remember Dr. Hamilton or Earl Jenkins?

Lol, what happened to Earl Jenkins was actually pretty funny & I thought that episode was pretty damn good.

i didnt think it was funny, i thought it was sly the man lost everything, his life and his family. how is that funny?

Lol, what happened to Earl Jenkins was actually pretty funny & I thought that episode was pretty damn good.

The Online Smallville Ledger articles said that Earl Jenkins died from his exposure to the kryptonite.

At the end of Jitters he was merely taken away to some facility to be cared for.

a decent episode it had some issues though.

Cain plays "nutso" so much better than he does the good guy. I could see bits of his Scott Peterson character in tonight's performance.I hope he gets out of wherever the hell MM put him and we find out he's really Vandal Savage. BTW anyone else laugh at the photo-shopped pic of him next to Hitler? :D

Best line of the night: " I was Jack the Ripper."

Any episode instantly becomes better with Phil Morris.

At the end I thought Chloe was gonna take a cue from Clark and use her power to help heal Knox's wife like she suggested when she was strapped to the table. I was waiting for something when her and Clark were looking at each other and then NOTHING Clark's just back in the barn working on the damn tractor.

BIG ISSUE I had with tonight's episode was the killing thing. I know Clark didnt kill Knox, because you cant, but he didnt know that at the time and when he saved Lex by knocking Knox into the transformer, he thought he actually had killed him as shown by his comments later that he was "sick that he had to kill someone to save you."

There's 2 issues here:
1)Superman/Clark wouldnt be so careless as to kill someone at anytime but especially if there was no reason to. Why would Clark feel he needed to do that to a guy that merely wacked Lex (who Clark doesnt like at all) with a stick?

and

2) He freaking tells Lex about it, which immediately raises the questions of "how the hell did he save me from a guy that I just put 3 bullets in and he laughed at me?"

That little bit "killed" a good part of the episode for me.

QUOTED FOR TRUTH!!!

Haha, best line:

"i WAS Jack the ripper."

and...the "Lana Lair" was kinda cheesy. Shes got some plans from the looks of it.

The confrontation between Martian Manhunter and Kara was interesting. I am not as intuned into MM as I am into Kara aka future Supergirl but I know she is a good guy but the theories that she could have been sent to do evil is an interesting one and a good twist on what is known about the character.

Her flirting with Jimmy did not make much sense to me. Its not like he would have any knowledge to what she is looking for.

Don't remember that interview. So cute! Great smile, great laugh, easygoing manner. DC is SO not Tom Cruise.

"okay, you guys are at a party, eating chips... and dancing." lol. love it

^ Yep. He said so himself. He was a few other major baddies in between, too. I missed the details, but it sounded like he'd moved around quite a bit and caused quite a lot of havoc along the way. No indication as to whom his past loves might have been - or did he say he'd been Caesar or Antony? I forget. But yep.

You know, I finished my review but Craig is busy working on the Season 6 Companion, if anyone's wondering where my review is that is...

He hasn't posted it yet but I liked it a lot more when I saw it more.

^ Yep. He said so himself. He was a few other major baddies in between, too. I missed the details, but it sounded like he'd moved around quite a bit and caused quite a lot of havoc along the way. No indication as to whom his past loves might have been - or did he say he'd been Caesar or Antony? I forget. But yep.

coughVANDAL SAVAGE*cough

People are already waiting for Cain to return heh heh. What would have been great is if Jimmy said "CK? I knew I heard that nickname from somewhere!" :)

This season the role of Lana will be played by Jimmy Olsen.:whatever:

LMAO.

This was an awesome episode. The MM vs Kara scene was great. I especially liked it when she actually called him "Martian Manhunter". I just hope they don't reveal that Zor-El was the cause of the fall of Krypton and he somehow aided General ZOD.

You know, I finished my review but Craig is busy working on the Season 6 Companion, if anyone's wondering where my review is that is...

He hasn't posted it yet but I liked it a lot more when I saw it more.

Me thinks Craig has forgotten. Again. He's posted other stuff, but your review isnt up. :csad:

And B8I look forward to reading your review later. :yay:

coughVANDAL SAVAGE*cough

Yes, it is looking that way - what I was saying was that I was trying to remember which bad guys' names he'd thrown out as names he had used over the centuries.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"