2008 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
watch for the jags this year. they have cap room and will make some snags

watch for the jags this year. they have cap room and will make some snags

Yeah, I agree with you. They impressed me this year and with a few fine tunings and some key roster additions, they could really rock the league next year.

jag

It definitely seems like you, Jags, and a host of others twisted my post into something that wasn't meant to take anything away from New York at all. And that says a lot about you because you want people to say something the way you want them to say it in order to please you. If you aren't confident enough to believe NY won it fair and square, and need someone to say it to you in order to feel better about it, then it doesn't say too much about you as a fan of football or sports in general.

You know the old saying "Don't take offense to this...", pretty much it's going to be offensive. Same thing, "I don't mean to be insulting...", means you are being insulting.

That's what you are doing.

And don't turn this on us. Your posts spoke for you, and it wasn't us twisting around your words.

Sunrise is out of his mind as usual. Every time he says the Pats beat themselves but he isn't taking anything away from the Giants, well yeah you are. That is exactly what you are doing by saying that. The Patriots did not beat themselves. They did not lose the Super Bowl because of the pressure to make history. If that were true they would have lost to the Giants in the last game of the season as well. The Giants made the plays necessary to win and Eli Manning had an amazing 4th quarter. They played amazing defense and held the record breaking Patriots offense to 14 points. None of that has anything to do with the Patriots having pressure on them for going 19-0. It has everything to do with the Giants just outperforming the Patriots.

Michael Vick-QB-Falcons Feb. 4 - 10:58 am et

A federal judge ruled Monday that the Falcons are ineligible to recover $20 million in bonuses they paid to suspended QB Michael Vick.

Vick, who is suspended indefinitely while serving a 23-month prison term, was paid the bonuses over a three-year period. The federal judge ruled that Atlanta recovering the money would violate the NFL's CBA. This is a big blow for the Falcons, who hoped to save cap room by salvaging the bonuses.

Pacman Jones-DB-Titans Feb. 4 - 10:47 am et

Suspended CB Pacman Jones is not expected to be a Titan in 2008 even if he's reinstated.

The Titans would rather trade Jones if he's let back in, though that seems unlikely. The Nashville City Paper compares Pacman to a "Ferrari wrapped around an oak tree." The Ferrari name carries value, but not nearly as much as before the crash. Releasing Jones would cause a $3 million cap hit.
Source: Nashville City Paper

Glad to see both Jones and Vick getting what they deserve. Pity the Falcons couldn't get their bonus money back out of Vick, though.

jag

Oh look out for my 49ers to make the playoffs next yr.....return to greatness

Oh look out for my 49ers to make the playoffs next yr.....return to greatness

At the rate you guys are going, my Raiders will be in the playoffs before the Niners. :oldrazz:

jag

Sunrise is out of his mind as usual. Every time he says the Pats beat themselves but he isn't taking anything away from the Giants, well yeah you are. That is exactly what you are doing by saying that. The Patriots did not beat themselves. They did not lose the Super Bowl because of the pressure to make history. If that were true they would have lost to the Giants in the last game of the season as well. The Giants made the plays necessary to win and Eli Manning had an amazing 4th quarter. They played amazing defense and held the record breaking Patriots offense to 14 points. None of that has anything to do with the Patriots having pressure on them for going 19-0. It has everything to do with the Giants just outperforming the Patriots.

Oh, I knew it was only a matter of time before you came out of the woodwork with your misinformation and your lack of sports understanding. The Patriots did beat themselves because they didn't make the plays that matter and New York came in with a unstoppable fire that they would not be beat.

Yes, I do believe the pressure got to New England, pressure from New York's defense got to them and the fact that they were put on such a pedestal really made them cocky in the end. They thought they were going to be this invincible force of nature that was going to destroy a team that was the underdogs, the underdogs surprised the hell out of them and won the big dance. I have not denied that and will not deny it, because the scoreboard tells the story, the trophy tells the story, and Eli making the crucial throw to lead his team to victory tells the story. If you expect me to sit back and word things in such a fashion that makes you or anyone feel better, then you have another thing coming my shallow friend.

I love football, I love basketball, I love sports in general and I have a great respect and understanding for them.

Learn more about football and basketball before you even attempt to add your two cents in Jerry. NY did outplay New England and at the end of the day they are the ones with the trophy, not New England.

The person who just said the Patriots would have won the Super Bowl if they lost a game or two during the regular season just told me to learn more about football. Mercy. That's ****ing hilarious. Better get to posting old school football videos Sunrise to start showing your in-depth knowledge and wisdom of football as you do so often with basketball.

The person who just said the Patriots would have won the Super Bowl if they lost a game or two during the regular season just told me to learn more about football. Mercy. That's ****ing hilarious.

Yes, I do believe that them being undefeated gave them huge egos and clouded their judgement. You have to remember that this years football teams are more different than when the Miami Dolphins did it. Back in those days players had an old school mentality and were humble about their wins.

These days teams with great records or all kinds of accomplishments tend to get a big head and think that being undefeated, or having the number 1 seed(ala Dallas Mavericks) automatically guarantees a win and that's not the case at all. New England had forgot how to lose this season and I feel IF they lost a game or two, they would've been a lot more humble coming into the Super Bowl and probably would've won. The keyword here is probably and for all I know they may've still lost in a similar fashion. But in the present the New York Giants are the Super Bowl champions and they played their hearts out.

No one thought they'd beat the Cowboys, no one thought they would beat the Packers, and no one thought they'd the Patriots. So I'm giving my congrats to New York they beat us and are the champions.

And yes Jerry, I believe you are a misinformed sports fan. I don't believe you have any real knowledge of the sports you follow and your cocky confrontational attitude shows this. I'm man enough to admit that I've said and reacted stupidly in the past, but unlike you, you won't admit your shortcomings and continue to be confrontational and try to be some sort of internet badass when you try to "debate" sports. When push comes to shove I realize that I've made mistakes and made stupid assumptions, predictions, and have made errors when researching sports history and sports facts.

So at the end of the day I hope this loss truly humbles New England and they learn to respect their opponents, rather than simply believing that they're better than them and that a better record will intimidate them.

I don't think the Patriots could have POSSIBLY been any more humble throughout the season than they were. They wouldn't talk about **** regarding going undefeated. It was always one game at a time. Belichick wouldn't allow them to think that way for exactly the reasons you said. Again, if that was their problem, they wouldn't have gone undefeated in the regular season.

No one thought they'd beat the Cowboys, no one thought they would beat the Packers, and no one thought they'd the Patriots. So I'm giving my congrats to New York they beat us and are the champions.

I believed. :yay::huh::o

Yeah, I have to agree, Belichick kind of went out of his way to keep the Pats from getting too cocky or full of themselves and pushed them to think about things one game at a time. If anything, the Giants were the ones running their mouths in the press before the game (well, Burress, anyway).

jag

LOL

Yes, I do believe that them being undefeated gave them huge egos and clouded their judgement. You have to remember that this years football teams are more different than when the Miami Dolphins did it. Back in those days players had an old school mentality and were humble about their wins.

These days teams with great records or all kinds of accomplishments tend to get a big head and think that being undefeated, or having the number 1 seed(ala Dallas Mavericks) automatically guarantees a win and that's not the case at all. New England had forgot how to lose this season and I feel IF they lost a game or two, they would've been a lot more humble coming into the Super Bowl and probably would've won. The keyword here is probably and for all I know they may've still lost in a similar fashion. But in the present the New York Giants are the Super Bowl champions and they played their hearts out.

And yes Jerry, I believe you are a misinformed sports fan. I don't believe you have any real knowledge of the sports you follow and your cocky confrontational attitude shows this. I'm man enough to admit that I've said and reacted stupidly in the past, but unlike you, you won't admit your shortcomings and continue to be confrontational and try to be some sort of internet badass when you try to "debate" sports. When push comes to shove I realize that I've made mistakes and made stupid assumptions, predictions, and have made errors when researching sports history and sports facts.

So at the end of the day I hope this loss truly humbles New England and they learn to respect their opponents, rather than simply believing that they're better than them and that a better record will intimidate them.

I dont get where your coming from, Patriots have been humble all season, they had a good season by refusing to look too far ahead and only focused on who they would be playing next. Winning is a habit and when you are used to it, its a feeling you do not want to lose and with their talent they should aim to win everything. The only thing winning did to them was crank up the pressure, the SB became more than the trophy but was about history, I feel if they had lost a match in the season it would have taken away so much pressure.

Exactly. Nothing the Patriots have done or said throughout this season and playoffs have ever indicated that they believe they "scare other teams off because of their record". It was really the complete opposite.

Yeah well, that game was easily the most exciting I've had since my Ravens beat the Giants in the Superbowl. Eli's throw through a mountain of defenders and Ty's circus catch were the highlights for me watching with the boys. I'm not a major Giants fan, but I really don't like the Patriots, so I'm good.

Moving into the coming season, I hope that we can solve the problem that's been nagging us for years now: the offense. We've made trades and changed personnel more than enough to lay the groundwork and THIS year we should see things come full circle.

Our defense has always been outstanding, I'm just waiting for a quaterback to lead the offense. Hopefully it's not Boller and McNair, I love the guy, but he's just breaking down.

Mortensen The Ravens will pursue McNabb, but I seriously doubt he gets traded.

Teams lose.

I root for the New York Knicks.

I have to hear the ridicule of being a Yankee fan.

I think Showtime is a good enough sport to not let it bother him.

Thank you, and the game is still fresh in everybody's minds and certainly open to debate, discussion, and celebration.

Mortensen The Ravens will pursue McNabb, but I seriously doubt he gets traded.

Yeah, I've already pushed that glorious possiblity to the side unfrotunately.

Seriously though, all we need is a decent quaterback, the D will do the rest. Hell we won the superbowl with TRENT DILFER.:o

Give us something decent and non-injury prone.

Does anyone else think that Belichick was a poor sport walking off the field early yesterday? He must have gotten that from Moss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"