2008 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone else think that Belichick was a poor sport walking off the field early yesterday? He must have gotten that from Moss.
I think he is a complete prick but at least he did go over to Coughlin.

Although he probably didn't listen to one word he said, and turned his head.

Prick. :o

Exactly. Nothing the Patriots have done or said throughout this season and playoffs have ever indicated that they believe they "scare other teams off because of their record". It was really the complete opposite.

The record did not scare any teams away instead they played to such a high level, look at the Ravens prior to the pats match, then look at them during the pats match and what happend the week after.

I think he is a complete prick but at least he did go over to Coughlin.

Although he probably didn't listen to one word he said, and turned his head.

Prick. :o

Agreed... I don't care if there was 2 seconds left. Stay on the field and finish the game. You're a head coach, not the kicker or something.

I hate Belichick, and to me, this game was karma for taping Rams practices (if true) and just a big "F U" to the Pats. Loved it.

Brady could have shut his mouth and be the bigger man not answering Plax's guarantee, but he was upset that he said only 17 points, so he got a little cocky. :yay:

Actually, the Belichick moment that cracked me up the most was the post-game interview outside the Pats lockerroom. He looked like he was going to punch the interviewer at any moment and gave these very short, one sentence answers to the questions he was being asked. He wouldn't look at the camera or the interviewer and looked like it caused him intense pain when he had to basically compliment the Giants on their win. Haha!

jag

And Belichick didn't even compliment the Giants at all something to the effect of "we made plays, they made plays but they made more plays."

Wow, thanks. :huh:

It gave me great pleasure seeing a Michigan State football player beating a highly-touted Michigan player in the biggest stage of the NFL :woot:

And I found this sorry I'm really not trying to rub it in the Pat's fans faces but.

a1mz9c.gif

I am going to repost what I wrote in the Super Bowl thread...

I want to congratulate the Giants. Their front four played lights out and Brady was rushed the entire game. I think the Giants front four was the key to the game but the Giants coverage in the secondary was also impressive. I think the Giants were able to stop the rush and force the Patriots to pass which in turn allowed them to tee off on the Patriots weakened offensive line. Heck of a defensive game plan.

The Patriots defense played pretty damn well the entire game, however they made some mistakes in the secondary and missed tackles which definately hurt them. Samuel missed an interception on the sideline that was a big key play, Hobbs blew the coverage on Burress on the game winning TD, up to three Patriots missing the sack on Manning on the game winning drive. These old men certainly looked old.

The Patriots offense was off key all night long up what seemed to be the game winning drive. The star of the offense all night was Wes Welker and Kevin Faulk made some key plays out of the backfield. Tom Brady was not Tom Brady. It was a valiant effort, but he was misfiring all night long. You can certainly credit the Giants defense with making Brady miss. Where the heck was Muroney all night? He had a kick return and then disappeared into the Giants front seven.

Now for the Giants offense, they showed up when it counted. Eli Manning looked Bradyesque on both TD drives. They made more big plays than the Patriots. They didn't abandon the run and complimented the run with the pass when applicable. Kudos to Manning who I have been killing all year long on the boards and otherwise. He was the Giant's "Giant Killer". I am thoroughly impressed with him now.

To me this tarnishes the Patriots season. Sure they wen't 18-0 going into the Superbowl, sure they shattered records. I understand that Brady broke the record for most touchdowns thrown in a single season. I understand Moss broke the recored for most touchdowns receiving in a single season. None of that matters though because they lost the Superbowl. That is how I feel, and I know that is how (The Patriots) feel. They will now be considered by some, including me, the 2nd best team of the 2007 season. The best team in the league being the Super Bowl Champions...New York Giants.

Congrats to the fans on the boards and the fans abroad. The Giants earned it and you fans deserve it.

The record did not scare any teams away instead they played to such a high level, look at the Ravens prior to the pats match, then look at them during the pats match and what happend the week after.

It remains my firm belief that we were robbed that game, that sentiment was echoed around some of the NFL and media outlets instead labeled as controversial.:o

In any case, I'm looking to the coming season and getting a new quaterback.

You're a class act, Showtime. :up:

jag

Actually, the Belichick moment that cracked me up the most was the post-game interview outside the Pats lockerroom. He looked like he was going to punch the interviewer at any moment and gave these very short, one sentence answers to the questions he was being asked. He wouldn't look at the camera or the interviewer and looked like it caused him intense pain when he had to basically compliment the Giants on their win. Haha!

jag

HA HA. He did the same thing last year when they lost to the Colts.

[YT]8Idu0TAuutw[/YT]
Super Bowl 42 (2007)

[YT]7cntcxRoKWE[/YT]
AFC Championship (2008)

This postseason was Eli Manning's arrival.

He's grown up.

LOL! After watching both of those vids, Show, I'd have to classify Belichick's interview style as "Seething With Hate".

jag

B'tch.

Well, after the New England Patriots, including Gisele's boyfriend, Quarterback Tom Brady, lost the Superbowl to the New York Giants, it might actually happen. Don't believe me? Gisele herself stated "If the Pats lose, I’ll run naked though Mid-Town Manhattan."

Then said, It was a mistake and I'm sorry I said it. I don't know what I could have been thinking -- Midtown Manhattan is a parking lot any time of day or night. It'd take 30 minutes just to make it from the Theater District to 34th Street. And what if I ran into the Naked Cowboy and had to pose for pictures with every out-of-town Tom, Dick and Harry? Tack on another 30 minutes, easily. How 'bout I simply flashed my breasts from a billboard in Times Square and call it a day ... will that work?

You're a class act, Showtime. :up:

jag

Thanks Jag. I just feel like the Giants fans deserve the opportunity to talk about their win and their team as much as the Colts fans did last year or the Patriots have been ALL YEAR LONG.

LOL! After watching both of those vids, Show, I'd have to classify Belichick's interview style as "Seething With Hate".

jag

It's amazing, when he is on local radio he is totally different than he is. Man though, the guy looks like he is a bounty hunter set out to extinguish national reporters.

NEW YORK (AP) — The New York Giants' thrilling win over the New England Patriots was the most-watched Super Bowl ever, with 97.5 million viewers, Nielsen Media Research said Monday.

The game eclipsed the previous Super Bowl record of 94.08 million, set when Dallas defeated Pittsburgh in 1996. More people watched Sunday's game than all but one American television broadcast ever, the "M-A-S-H" finale in 1983, which was seen by 106 million viewers.

The game had almost all the ingredients Fox could have hoped for: a tight contest with an exciting finish involving a team that was attempting to make history as the NFL's first unbeaten team since 1972.

But the Giants ended New England's bid for perfection, 17-14. Throughout the game, the teams were never separated by more than a touchdown.

Trying to witness history in one form or another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"