24: Live Another Day - Part 2

I would like to add some more thoughts on 24 Live Another Day.

I am asking about RUSSIA.

It is my understanding that Russia is currently a democratic republic and is under the so-called Rule of Law. No one is really claiming that the government oppresses its people or persecutes them, at least not to an extent that they are a pariah to the nations of the world.

So, I am wondering under what circumstances Jack Bauer could be tried and held to a judgment by the government of Russia? Torture would most like be prohibited under the constitution of the nation, and if he was being held in prison for any length of time could he be denied visitation by his family and others?

The United States in recent years of 24 history has had its share of bad apples, and I think that the Russians who were in charge and ultimately murdered agent Renee Walker would be regarded as renegade and evil by the people of Russia for what they have done.

So, what regime is currently in charge? Is it a pariah nation . . . is it condemned by the United Nations? Is holding Jack Bauer indefinitely and torturing him something that would be acceptable to that nation's people? In the final days of Live Another Day Jack Bauer killed the 'rogue' Chinese villain, so are the Russian leaders that are holding Bauer considered to be 'rogue'?

Just asking, but not expecting a solution to my question. Thanks.

Last edited:
I am warming to the idea of a series without Jack Bauer.

Maybe a gathering of his allies Kate Morgan, Tony Almeida and Chloe O'Brian with the allegiance of a former P.O.T.U.S. (if there are any left?) to do the planning.

It could work . . . with the rescue of Jack in the final instalment. Perhaps one of the last acts of abdicating president James Heller will be to pardon Tony Almeida and have agents Aaron Pierce and Kate Morgan organize a rescue team which includes Tony and Chloe. Could Kate find a new love interest? Tony . . . Aaron . . . Jack?

Yeah, now I am REALLY warming to a new chapter in 24!

There have been a few recent articles that discuss the possibility of a series without Jack, here is one:
http://nerdreactor.com/2015/01/23/24-no-jack-bauer/

(if only they could figure out a way to bring back Annie Wersching ... maybe Renee had a twin sister?)

let's not forget Jack's partner, Belchek...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"