24: Live Another Day - Part 2

It is definitely going to be a setup for season 10. I don't think Tony will "rescue," Jack per se.

If a new series is not green lighted then I would be happy to see a Jack Bauer film. Even him teaming up with John McClane could be an interesting option if they had the right script; after all, J.Mc. has already visited Russia and may be of some help.

Sorry, but you guys are grasping at straws. We clearly got a silent clock at the end. That signify's Jack's death. It's over.

Even if Tony, Chloe or even the Stay Puff Marshmallow Man broke Jack out of prison, the Russians will still be after him. As clearly emphasized throughout the season, they will never stop.

The only way i can see this continuing is, as i stated before, the Russians make Jack run illegal espionage type operations for them because of his wealth of knowledge and skill, plus he's expendable. Other than that, bringing Jack back, yet again, will be like beating a dead horse.

This final season was a fitting end imo.

Sorry, but you guys are grasping at straws. We clearly got a silent clock at the end. That signify's Jack's death. It's over.

Even if Tony, Chloe or even the Stay Puff Marshmallow Man broke Jack out of prison, the Russians will still be after him. As clearly emphasized throughout the season, they will never stop.

The only way i can see this continuing is, as i stated before, the Russians make Jack run illegal espionage type operations for them because of his wealth of knowledge and skill, plus he's expendable. Other than that, bringing Jack back, yet again, will be like beating a dead horse.

This final season was a fitting end imo.

The solution is simple & nuke Russia about 10 times & wipe them off of the face of the Earth I say. Also add China in the mix. So that they wont bother Jack anymore either

Last edited:

You don't, nor can you, have any way of knowing that for an absolute certainty. We all thought the series had ended 4 years ago, and for all intents and purposes, it had. Then it came back. Silent clock or not, they left the ending open for more -otherwise they'd have just killed Jack on screen and been done with it.

I say scrap the whole movie idea and just continue with another mini series. Movies take too damn long to develop and we probably wouldnt see it until like 2017 the earliest. I say strike while the iron is hot and do another mini series for next summer. Live Another Day proved to be a hit and people are going to be expecting to see Jack back next year. Give the people what they want while you've still got everyone's attention and while youve still got Kiefer and the production team together.

Last edited:
You don't, nor can you, have any way of knowing that for an absolute certainty. We all thought the series had ended 4 years ago, and for all intents and purposes, it had. Then it came back. Silent clock or not, they left the ending open for more -otherwise they'd have just killed Jack on screen and been done with it.

I love 24 like the next guy, but nobody has been able to explain what the silent clock was for. They do these for a reason. I can't re-call but did they do one for the end of the series several years back..? I don't re-call if they did or not, but it's always done to pay homage/respect to a dead character ala most recently Audrey.

I think the silent clock at the end of Day 9 was more for if they didn't do anymore after this, then it could signify that Jack was presumed dead. It was entirely up to the person watching to make that assumption.

The show has always done random silent clocks through the series. It doesn't necessarily mean someone is dead.

There was one at the end of Day 6 when Jack was walking toward the ocean. I think Redemption did the same thing when he got on the helicopter.

They had a silent clock in season two when George Mason walked out of CTU for the last time indicating he was going home to die but he showed up in the next episode.

Yeah, the silent clocks have never been consistently used in signifying death.

-George Mason got one when he left CTU in S2.

-David Palmer got one in the S2 finale even though he survived the assassination attempt.

-There was one at the end of the S6 finale as well, and no one's life was even in danger.

-Renee got one when Jack "killed" her and buried her alive in S7, and she was alive and well in the very next episode.

At this point, the silent clocks signify nothing definitive other than a solemn moment. Many times that moment is indeed someone's death, other times it's not.

Talks have quietly resumed for a 24 theatrical release.

24‘s Jack Bauer has survived getting shot, jumping out of an airplane, radiation poisoning, two-years of torture at the hands of the Chinese, the loss of his wife (and really, every woman he’s slept with subsequently; voluntarily entering a relationship with this guy is roughly the equivalent of playing Russian Roulette by yourself with five bullets in the chamber instead of just one) and about a half dozen suicide missions handed to him by various Presidents of the United States.

Bauer (Kiefer Sutherland) is literally unkillable. He may want to die. He may keep trying to die, as has been evidenced time and time again, but somewhere down the line one of his ancestors kicked sand in the face of an evil wizard and as punishment, Jack has been cursed with an eternal, tormented life. And he seems to be determined to kill as many people as he can to express his displeasure.

Lucky for him, and us, he may get a chance to do that on the big screen, as talks for a 24 feature film have quietly resumed. The idea of theatrical movie was first kicked around in 2010, after the series’ eighth season, but production ceased in 2012. With the success of 24: Live Another Day, interest has again been piqued.

While promoting Live Another Day, Sutherland assured fans that there was still hope for a movie.

Throwing a wrench into the works could be the fact that, with the success of Live Another Day, the FOX network may want to strike while the iron is hot, and produce another 24 mini-series sooner rather than later.

“We haven’t had a specific conversation about it coming back yet, but I’m sure we will in the future,” said Fox Networks Group Chairman CEO Peter Rice, according to TV Line. “It’s a wonderful franchise. When you look at the show itself it has many more stories to tell. I think we need to sit down and talk to the creators.”

Source: https://www.voiceoftv.com/p/24-movie-rumours-surface

Ugh, guys, trust me, I know a 24 movie may sound promising but its just going to end up being one of those movies that's in development Hell for years for one reason or another. I mean FOX wouldn't greenlight a 24 film when the show was at it's peak, I just don't see them doing it now. They're just going to waste too much time getting it together and I would just much rather prefer we get another mini-series. Strike while the iron's hot: they've got people's interest reinvigorated, Kiefer's still in shape and willing to do it, and you've still got your production team together. Switching gears to feature film is just going to complicate and prolong things. The 12-Hour mini series format worked extremely well, let's keep going with that.

Last edited:
Well, last time they were serious about a 24 movie, they were about to start shooting when they shut it down and re-tooled it into LAD instead, so it's not that crazy a hope that this movie could morph into another mini-series. :D

I'd love another miniseries, but if we get a movie instead fine. I just need more 24! I have my blu-ray set all pre-ordered and anxiously waiting for it to arrive :woot:

I'm fine with whatever they do. As long as it's as good as LAD, then I'm all for more 24.

I know I'm a little late to the thread but I really enjoyed this season. :yay:

Another series or a movie. As long as Yvonne Strahovski comes back I'm in. :woot:

god, is that really Emma Watson?!?... doesn't even look like her...

I would love another series, mini or otherwise. More so than a 24 movie. I think that a series has the time to go deeper into plot and characterisation.

Amazon shipped my blu-ray today, yay! :woot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"