7.03 - Fierce - Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

It would have been great, if her heat vision had just turned the green K into black k, and split clark, and then Kal El b***h slapped Kara back to krypton.

:heart: :up:

This episode was easily one of the ****tiest i`ve ever seen. While Smallville recycles stories after stories, with filler episodes, Heroes only gets better...

If heat-vision could destroy Kryptonite like that, Why Clark doesnt do that all the time? Talk about inconsistency. It was really terrible. Badly acted, badly written.

because Clark is always weakened by Kryptonite whereas Kara was away from it.

I've watched the episode a couple of more times and the "Wha-Huh!? You've got to be kidding!" moments just keep coming! LOL. :whatever:

:huh:

I wonder what happened to Clark's shiny new Toyota Tundra... he was back in the old blue truck.

Ok, if everyone believed that the time capsule contained a map that (legend says) would lead to a fortune (millions according to Chloe) in gold 1.) WHY did they put it in the time capsule in the first place?! And 2.) HOW is it even possible that in the past 100 years no one thought to steal it before?! Heck... forget "special abilities," anyone with a sledgehammer could have made off with it. And probably would have... like 99.9 years ago!

I wonder what it was about the pageant flyer, or the models strutting up to the crowd that made Kara say "may-be fitting in won't be so bad..." ?

Kara said she wasted the "best years of her life" in a cryogenic coffin... yet she was in suspended animation and hadn't aged a day in the past 18 yrs....

Which makes me wonder... why was Kara in suspended animation but Clark obviously was not? I guess it was a good thing Clark's ship didn't crash in the lake!

I can buy that Kara learned the language and some basics about earth before she come... but there is NO WAY she could have such a grasp of popular culture as to want the "American dream" like Clark did when he wanted to play football.

Why do the "weather girls" need the pageant as a "distraction"? They obviously could just take the map and go.

Why did they try to KILL Jimmy, a professional photographer, for taking photos at a beauty contest?!

What possible reason would they have for approaching Kara - without knowing anything about her, other than she is strong - tell her about the gold and say they need her help?! They exposed their intent to someone they didn't know... whose help they didn't really need... with whom they would have to share the gold... WHY?

What kind of sheriff would go on stage to arrest a beauty queen during her thank you speech... on heresy from some fellow contestants...

What happened to the "weather girls"?! They weren't killed and they know about Kara... who obviously has some explaining to do about her escape from jail...

Clark KNOWS all the bad things that can happen when you cross HEAT vision and green K... but he said nothing...

When Kara left the barn (after her "you're kidding yourself" lecture to Clark) she was carrying her blue bag on her shoulder. But the next time you see her, she is in the Talon because she forgot her bag... ?

After all the exciting events of the day, Jimmy and Chloe see Kara in the Talon, and she speaks to them... but they say NOTHING to her, turn and leave. I mean... how rude.

WHY would Kara (Clark's cousin who is "visiting") get a job at the Talon and WHY would she have a key to the place if she was just a coffee jockey who hadn't even started working yet? (Who does manage the Talon these days anyway?)

Lex THANKS Kara for SAVING his life... and then asks if she's a "warning" or a SAVIOR. Duh... I don't know Lex...
I scanned the episode again, looking and listening for the "Beauty and the Geek" reference and other "commercials..." But besides the obvious model use and reference in the title "Fierce" I didn't see it.

We do all see the same version of the show, don't we?

I just wanted to add it to my growing "You've GOT to be kidding!" list (above). :woot:

I scanned the episode again, looking and listening for the "Beauty and the Geek" reference and other "commercials..." But besides the obvious model use and reference in the title "Fierce" I didn't see it.
It was at the very beginning, 2nd act, right after the commercial break out of the opening credit roll. Clark and Kara arrive at the fair and the shows are mentioned in the dialog. It was blatant and annoying. Like they need to use SV to advertise their other trashy shows? Gah!

I only watched Fierce once. It was indeed pretty baaaad.

After reading Gough's interview yesterday from that Comic Board, I do appreciate a little more where they were going with this episode. It unfortunately, was just poorly executed.

It was at the very beginning, 2nd act, right after the commercial break out of the opening credit roll. Clark and Kara arrive at the fair and the shows are mentioned in the dialog. It was blatant and annoying. Like they need to use SV to advertise their other trashy shows? Gah!

Actually, it was mentioned at the start of the teaser, so before the credit sequence....

The second act, I believe, was after Lana had shown up.

Actually, it was mentioned at the start of the teaser, so before the credit sequence....

The second act, I believe, was after Lana had shown up.
Like I said, I only watched it once. I know it was when they showed up at the fair with the wicker baskets.

Still a terrible episode. :p

the ending scene with lex and kara made up for the bad plot, IMO. I loved it when lex got frustrated with kara's lies. And his whole, "are you a saviour or are you a warning" was done really well. between the heavy use of music in the episode and the fotw plot line, it felt like it was a season 1 or 2 episode, which was nostalgic for me.

Like I said, I only watched it once. I know it was when they showed up at the fair with the wicker baskets.

Still a terrible episode. :p

That was the tease...

I liked it more than most, but I watched it like 5 times trying to figure out what I wanted to say about it.

The last few times, I just skipped to Tom's and Michael's and Kristin's scenes, they were gold, even if the FOTW throwback-to-the-first-season plot was terrible.

The last few times, I just skipped to Tom's and Michael's and Kristin's scenes, they were gold, even if the FOTW throwback-to-the-first-season plot was terrible.

I dont know if you read Gough's interview from yesterday, since it contained some spoilers, but he said they had the FOTW plot in that episode to introduce Kara into the mythology of Smallville. As I said in my last post, it was a good idea, just poorly executed. :csad:

But I agree with you on Clark/Lana/Lex, they were great scenes.

Oooh... My DVD recorder started recording mid-sentence, as they were walking away from the truck with the baskets. It probably didn't catch the first couple of sentences. No loss.

I missed Smallville for YEARS because it was on the CW, and I just don't watch that network... I got caught up by watching seasons on DVD, which REALLY spoiled me because the commercial breaks are BRUTAL! :(

I dont know if you read Gough's interview from yesterday, since it contained some spoilers, but he said they had the FOTW plot in that episode to introduce Kara into the mythology of Smallville. As I said in my last post, it was a good idea, just poorly executed. :csad:

But I agree with you on Clark/Lana/Lex, they were great scenes.

It really was poorly executed... True enough.

I hope now that she's been "introduced" to the mythos of the show, that they'll bypass the FOTW fare for the most part.

It can be good, but when it's bad it's awful.

This episode was easily one of the ****tiest i`ve ever seen. While Smallville recycles stories after stories, with filler episodes, Heroes only gets better...

If heat-vision could destroy Kryptonite like that, Why Clark doesnt do that all the time? Talk about inconsistency. It was really terrible. Badly acted, badly written.

While I agree this episode was horrible, hence my 1.5/5 review, the part I bolded could be quite debatable.

When you call a show "Heroes" when only two or three of the characters actually exhibit any signs of heroic behavior throughout the whole first season, then you have a problem.

I missed Smallville for YEARS because it was on the CW, and I just don't watch that network... I got caught up by watching seasons on DVD, which REALLY spoiled me because the commercial breaks are BRUTAL! :(

That has been my experience also. Makes you wonder how many people are turned off by all the intrusive and seemingly never ending commercials when they first view SV who would otherwise give it a chance. I counted one night and there were 11 commercial spots in one break! :cmad:

While I agree this episode was horrible, hence my 1.5/5 review, the part I bolded could be quite debatable.

When you call a show "Heroes" when only two or three of the characters actually exhibit any signs of heroic behavior throughout the whole first season, then you have a problem.

And the first few episodes this season have been worse than anything last year. Seriously, I'm already tired of "The Petrelli Identity" the Wonder Twins and I'm still p.o.'d that Kensei's a white dude.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"