10.14- Masquerade- Discussion(Spoilers)

Overall, I liked the episode, especially the Clark-as-disguise stuff. Couple of questions, though:

How the heck did Clark get out of whatever that little trap thingy was that Desaad had him in? It was like it just disappeared and Clark dropped to the ground.

And what's up with Clark saying they buried Desaad under Bellereeve, or whatever that was? Why the heck didn't we see any of that occurring?

They're trying to retcon the last 2 seasons in terms of Chloe. I had a feeling they were trying to do something like this as I see a lot of Chloe worshipping on the part of the writers that's no different than Lana's from the 8th season. I'm still not sure what her purpose is for Clark in this final season for his final journey. :super:

I don't care about the retcons. The important thing is that Chloe resisted Desaad! He couldn't infect her!
And I already told you before, as a long time pivotal character who has been on this show from the pilot, 10 years, the only purpose Chloe needs to serve in HER LAST COUPLE OF EPISODES IS HER OWN!
_kat__by_noodi10.gif

And you need to deal with that!

Enjoyed the Clark stuff, but Chloe ruined this episode for me. Damn how I've really come to hate her. The idea that she can take out several stronger, highly trainer FBI agents without breaking a sweat made me roll my eyes big-time.
They shouldn't have brought her back, she's sucking the life out of the show.

I don't care about the retcons. The important thing is that Chloe resisted Desaad! He couldn't infect her!
And I already told you before, as a long time pivotal character who has been on this show from the pilot, 10 years, the only purpose Chloe needs to serve in HER LAST COUPLE OF EPISODES IS HER OWN!
_kat__by_noodi10.gif

H-O-L-Y

G-O-D.

:doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh:

Enjoyed the Clark stuff, but Chloe ruined this episode for me. Damn how I've really come to hate her. The idea that she can take out several stronger, highly trainer FBI agents without breaking a sweat made me roll my eyes big-time.
They shouldn't have brought her back, she's sucking the life out of the show.
Oh, I can tell you're going to hate it next week when we see her sporting a pair of pistols. :doh:

Chloe ruined the episode for me too. She ruins every episode shes in for me! Overall though this episode was a lot better than the last two. I really enjoyed all the stuff involving Clark and his disguise.

Also I really enjoyed the score. Most of the episodes if there is any score its not memorable but this episode it was done extremely well. Even during some of the lighter scenes the score really added something extra to it. I hope they keep that up.

Ya I had no issue with chloe/ollie scenes. It wasn't that bad in my book. And didn't feel like she was in that much. Since all the stuff with clark/lois and identity was good. I still think everyone was used well all around last night. And really clark story progressed alot. So I was like big deal allison had a few mins more then tom last night. It was her second to last episode. And next week her last. So we just have to see where chloe story goes and all that. But I didn't see any issues with allison time in the episode.

Also I didn't see it was retcon chloe's actions at all. Like clark identity story. They paralleled it with chloe. And how her life has changed so much since hs and she doesn't know what is the real her anymore. And that is probably why she decides to leave after next week. To try and rediscover herself. And try to live a normal, peaceful life, away from all the freaks/aliens and all the other stuff.

Plus really I didn't see it being chloe was to pure to turn by desaad. She was just strong willed enough to stop desaad to mentally play with her mind. But she was weaving a bit to the end. And ultimately if clark didn't show up she probably would have been turned, or killed.

For tron your questions. What it looked like to me with the thing desaad had clark in was probably either just a forcefield to give desaad time to get away. Or it was means for the darkness to posses folks. But like desaad said clark now canot be possed/turned. So clark was able to break free. As for the belle reve line. I think some are thing what he literatlly said. Which I don't see being what did happen. Clark isn't a killer and would kill desaad. It probably just means they put him in belle reve metahuman ward, and told them to keep desaad drugged up/in a coma state. So he couldn't use his powers.

Last edited:
Chloe ruined the episode for me too. She ruins every episode shes in for me! Overall though this episode was a lot better than the last two. I really enjoyed all the stuff involving Clark and his disguise.

Also I really enjoyed the score. Most of the episodes if there is any score its not memorable but this episode it was done extremely well. Even during some of the lighter scenes the score really added something extra to it. I hope they keep that up.
At this point Chloe is gonna ruin every episode she's in. I know this has been said before but it's worth repeating: She serves no purpose.
Clark has no need for her what so ever, her role in his evolutionary journey has reached it's end...long ago. What ever part she may have played before, call it a supporting friend, sidekick, whatever.. has now been taken over by Lois, therefore making Chloe nothing more than a third wheel whose presence is not needed in any conceivable way.

:huh:

the darkseid story has really just begun, most of the season was without him even mentioned.

Errr..? There have been several Darkseid centric episodes this season & other episodes in which the Darkseid plot has influenced what has went on in said episode.

whats up with clark not going to see jorel or even visiting the fortress at all? seems a bit odd to me, not even a nod to the suit anymore. i swear this show just gets off track much to easy. if it's not all clois scenes it usually focused heavily on chloe.

Jor-El hasn't spoken to Clark since the season premiere because of how Clark was going about his buisness.. sorry I tell a lie, he was in the Fortress with Lois when that hologram came up of Jor-El & Lara from the final few moments on Krypton. Then there was a reference to him visiting the Fortress last week to see if Jor-El would speak.. but he never made it to Fortress.

And Clark from what I understand doesn't even know that the POS SR suit is in the Fortress.

_kat__by_noodi10.gif

Actuallylly it looked like Chloe was falling for Desaad's mind control before Clark saved her.

If Clark is suppose to be wearing glasses now, why are the next week's previews showing him with no glasses at all?? :huh:

Because he's probably going to wear them while only in the DP or when chasing a story.

If Clark is suppose to be wearing glasses now, why are the next week's previews showing him with no glasses at all?? :huh:

I think that he'll only wear them @ The Daily Planet, But when he's with his friends and Family he won't much like he does in the comics .

One thing they haven't done all that much this season is show Lois and Clark out investigating and being reporters, so in this episode they had to build on the idea that Clark has been out investigating so much that he is recognized by a lot of people at crime scenes, and that he has this tough "cop-like" personality. While they could've shown little bits of this in earlier episodes, I think it worked really well in this one. Once again, I think the Clark scenes in this one were really well-written.

I'm a little puzzled as to how Clark made it across to England and back. Last season, Clark needed Oliver to fly him to Africa to investigate the symbols burned into the ground. Now all of a sudden Clark can pull a Bart and tread across water. That said, I did like the fact that Clark is branching out saving people across the globe.

I loved that we actually got to see Clark being a reporter, it was very refreshing to see a character working on this show. What rubbed me the wrong way a bit was Clark didn't even try to make it look like a struggle to hold up the man that fell. He just lifted him straight up with one arm and then tried to play it off. Because lifting a full grown man effortlessly with one arm is completely normal

I did like seeing Clark's microvision, the effect was very well done, it was a welcome addition.

I don't understand why Chloe and Oliver just beat up the undercover FBI agents without trying to figure out what they're story was, it was just punch and ask questions later. The, "I love you," made me groan.

Portraying Chloe as some pure spirit is utter nonsense. She's done so many shady, underhanded things over the last few years that I'm surprised she didn't become an agent of Darkseid in this episode. Her line at the end of the episode, "I have been so many things over the years," had me rolling. Oh you, writers, trying to be soooo clever!

Clark using a disguise was nice, but yet again Clark is portrayed as an idiot completely oblivious to things that are readily apparent.

Somewhat mediocre episode, that could have been most excellent with the exclusion of the majority of the Chloe and Oliver stuff and tighter writing with Clark.

I'm a little puzzled as to how Clark made it across to England and back. Last season, Clark needed Oliver to fly him to Africa to investigate the symbols burned into the ground. Now all of a sudden Clark can pull a Bart and tread across water. That said, I did like the fact that Clark is branching out saving people across the globe.

I loved that we actually got to see Clark being a reporter, it was very refreshing to see a character working on this show. What rubbed me the wrong way a bit was Clark didn't even try to make it look like a struggle to hold up the man that fell. He just lifted him straight up with one arm and then tried to play it off. Because lifting a full grown man effortlessly with one arm is completely normal

I did like seeing Clark's microvision, the effect was very well done, it was a welcome addition.

I don't understand why Chloe and Oliver just beat up the undercover FBI agents without trying to figure out what they're story was, it was just punch and ask questions later. The, "I love you," made me groan.

Portraying Chloe as some pure spirit is utter nonsense. She's done so many shady, underhanded things over the last few years that I'm surprised she didn't become an agent of Darkseid in this episode. Her line at the end of the episode, "I have been so many things over the years," had me rolling. Oh you, writers, trying to be soooo clever!

Clark using a disguise was nice, but yet again Clark is portrayed as an idiot completely oblivious to things that are readily apparent.

Somewhat mediocre episode, that could have been most excellent with the exclusion of the majority of the Chloe and Oliver stuff and tighter writing with Clark.

I had mentioned a few pages back that he should have just flown and someone responded, "Since when can Clark fly?" I was going to respond w/ "Since when can he run on water?" but whatever.

_kat__by_noodi10.gif

You just said it all right there in how right I was when I said that Chloe serves no purpose for Clark in his final journey towards Superman. In other words, her return was unnecessary.

By the way, the rating for this episode is 2.2 which is lower than Supergirl.

I agree that when Clark wears glasses, he'll wear it when he's at the Daily Planet or when he's doing investigations for the Daily Planet.

I had mentioned a few pages back that he should have just flown and someone responded, "Since when can Clark fly?" I was going to respond w/ "Since when can he run on water?" but whatever.
synchronisedslaying.gif

Clark had his glasses in the previews for next week's episode, someone was wearing them though during the video footage of all of them "drunk" or whatever they were under.

Clark had his glasses in the previews for next week's episode, someone was wearing them though during the video footage of all of them "drunk" or whatever they were under.

just watched the preview again. the one wearing the glasses was Hamilton. which is pretty ridiculous that he's in the episode for clarks wedding. he's bearly in the whole season and they're making him out to be like a best friend because lois and clark don't really have friends. thats one thing that kind of bugs me. they don't really have a social life or anything. yeah it's ok to have a small group, but it's just not realistic. they have chloe, ollie, and tess really. thats a small group of main cast.

as for the episode. clark and lois were awesome! chloe and ollie i definitely could have done without. i would rather have seen clark do some more saving and have more people question that he was the blur. then i would have liked to have seen maybe a phone call with martha to get her take on a new identity. yes its good that he came up with the idea on his own (well he knew from the future which was never brought up) but it would have been nice if he got his mothers input. oh well. i gotta say, i'm not really looking forward to next weeks, but i'm hoping it will surprise me. last weeks was awesome, this weeks was ok, next week seems like a filler that i hope will be better than i think. i'd give this episode a 6/10. clark and lois were fun to watch! lois: "whooosh" lol

as for the episode. clark and lois were awesome! chloe and ollie i definitely could have done without. i would rather have seen clark do some more saving and have more people question that he was the blur. then i would have liked to have seen maybe a phone call with martha to get her take on a new identity. yes its good that he came up with the idea on his own (well he knew from the future which was never brought up) but it would have been nice if he got his mothers input. oh well. i gotta say, i'm not really looking forward to next weeks, but i'm hoping it will surprise me. last weeks was awesome, this weeks was ok, next week seems like a filler that i hope will be better than i think. i'd give this episode a 6/10. clark and lois were fun to watch! lois: "whooosh" lol

He already got Martha's input in "Beacon",

Clark: I want to be the man that you made that suit for.

Martha: Clark, you don't need a suit the be the world's hero.

Clark: Well, when I saw those people willing to defend me, it was inspiring. It got me to thinking that, in order for The Blur to be a true beacon of hope, maybe people need to see my face, too. I've been to the future, and I saw the hero that I will become to save the city. But I also saw me -- I mean... Clark Kent -- disguised behind glasses and a bad haircut.

Martha: Well, I'm sure you still looked very handsome.

Clark: Mom, I don't how I can treat Clark Kent as a disguise. I mean, you and dad raised me to be who I am right now -- the real Clark Kent.

Martha: What's real is your strength and integrity and compassion. As long as you remain honest to those things, it doesn't matter what you wear or what name you go by, because... you'll always be my son.

Clark: So, you're saying that I should become that hero and step into the light?

Martha: Clark, you ''are'' the light.

Well we know he didn't fly, he jus either ran a@ross the ocean. Or across the north pole area and back down. They only did show clark speeding away from big ben and speeding into the dp. As for the glasses thing like lthers said. He is probably only wearing them at the dp and while doing work outside of the planet. Where as the scenes with ollie/emil/chloe/lois/tess for the episode. He is with friends and family. So there is no need for his kent disguise to be around. For all we know he could have them on in a scene or two at start/end of the episode at the dp.

BTW did anyone notice this

Clark Kent : "It's not what I'm called that should define who I am. It's who I am that should define what I'm called." - Masquerade

Bruce Wayne : "It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me." - Batman Begins

He already got Martha's input in "Beacon",

Clark: I want to be the man that you made that suit for.

Martha: Clark, you don't need a suit the be the world's hero.

Clark: Well, when I saw those people willing to defend me, it was inspiring. It got me to thinking that, in order for The Blur to be a true beacon of hope, maybe people need to see my face, too. I've been to the future, and I saw the hero that I will become to save the city. But I also saw me -- I mean... Clark Kent -- disguised behind glasses and a bad haircut.

Martha: Well, I'm sure you still looked very handsome.

Clark: Mom, I don't how I can treat Clark Kent as a disguise. I mean, you and dad raised me to be who I am right now -- the real Clark Kent.

Martha: What's real is your strength and integrity and compassion. As long as you remain honest to those things, it doesn't matter what you wear or what name you go by, because... you'll always be my son.

Clark: So, you're saying that I should become that hero and step into the light?

Martha: Clark, you ''are'' the light.

ya know what, good point! thanks for reminding because i completely forgot about that lol. but with that said, then i dont understand why he didn't just do that to begin with. man if they just condensed this season and took away all the chloe/ollie scenes and keep the lois/clark/lex/martha/darkseid scenes, this would have been an even better season. i mean if he already had the discussion that he needs to be the light/out of the shadows, then he would know that he needs a new disguise. i mean after homecoming he got a new suit and wanted to be in the light, and that was towards the beginning of the season. then next week we have the hangover filler episode. does anyone else feel they should have condensed this season? but with that said, i'll up the episode to a 7 from a 6 because he did have the conversation with martha lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"