10.14- Masquerade- Discussion(Spoilers)

Webhead2006

The Web-Swinger
Reaction score
Ksite is reporting this is title for the episode.

Last edited:
According to bqm twitter he will be writing this episode.

Masquerade may see Clark wearing glasses and Chloe being chameleonic. :super:

Masquerade may see Clark wearing glasses :super:

It's possible but more than unlikely . We might get a tease of Clark in the glasses, but I don't think this is the episode Clark will don the glasses permanently yet.

Last edited:
Would be nice but yea I wouldn't expect glasses full time then.

I can see people again jumping the gun here. She'd probably tell him something to conceal his identity in order to save Ollie and Chloe, not that this is about his future disguise.

This is where Clark will start to develop his secret identities such as wearing glasses. Homecoming states that it was Clark's idea to wear glasses, but we need to see that it's Clark's idea in this episode. If Lois is suggesting a public superhero identity, that I can see because that red shield jacket is just not cutting it. I hope Lois brings up the issue concerning the suit in the Fortress because Clark has not spoken about it not once.

As for Oliver and Chloe being kidnapped for being mistaken by FBI agents, it looks like they may be captured by the Desaad and his minions after investigating their club. Maybe Tess will inform Clark of their capture. :super:

Oliver Queen is pretty well known. Not only as a playboy billionaire but also as Green Arrow. How can anyone with a TV mistake him for a F.B.I. agent?

Here's the complete CW description:

CHLOE AND OLIVER ARE KIDNAPPED - Chloe (Allison Mack) and Oliver (Justin Hartley) are mistaken for FBI agents investigating Desaad's (guest star Steve Byers) recent string of murders and the pair are kidnapped by Desaad's minions. Desaad tries to infect Chloe with the darkness. Meanwhile, Lois (Erica Durance) tells Clark (Tom Welling) he needs to be more careful with his identity and suggests a disguise. Posted on KryptonSite. Tim Scanlan directed the episode written by Bryan Q. Miller (#3X6014).
http://www.kryptonsite.com/masqueradedescription.htm

Like how it sounds. Seems there will be a Darkseid stuff in it as well. Love it.

I really wish they would quit using the term "darkness".

I hope they don't portray Chloe as someone immune to Darkseid's darkness like Lois because that retcons the last 2 seasons. I can see Clark saving Oliver and Chloe from Desaad and his minions.

As for Lois suggesting a secret identity, I know it can't be the mild-mannered reporter because Homecoming already said that it was Clark's idea. They need to show us that it's his idea. I think Lois will suggest a prototype superhero identity
as that red shield jacket isn't enough.

Believe it or not, Clark has worn that red shield jacket 5 times in the first half of the season. 5 times meaning 5 episodes. :super:

You mean Chloe isn't pure of heart. :wow:

But yes, Lois said in Homecoming that the glasses were Clark's idea, but up until this point, he has really felt a need for it, nor did he understand why Future Clark was "uptight and nerdy", so I would assume that this is the moment when he begins to at least consider adopting that personality, especially if he's planning on going public.

You mean Chloe isn't pure of heart. :wow:

But yes, Lois said in Homecoming that the glasses were Clark's idea, but up until this point, he has really felt a need for it, nor did he understand why Future Clark was "uptight and nerdy", so I would assume that this is the moment when he begins to at least consider adopting that personality, especially if he's planning on going public.

With the way she's been acting lately for the last two seasons, of course not.

I hope Clark is not passive when developing these things just because Lois told him to. :super:

Boy, I forgot Allison was in the next several episodes in order.

I'm a little confused why Dessad would try that, when only Darkseid is the one who can do that.

Are they trying to Retcon what they showed in previous episodes?
That means their writers are worse than really bad fanfiction writers. :)

And yeah, we all know Chloe won't be immune to the effects of the darkness.

Also, when did Lois almost get possessed by the darkness? Could someone remind me of that.

I don't remember Darkseid trying to take over Lois in Episode 3.

I can't wait to see Clark adapt himself into creating the Mild Mannered Reporter disguise and sticking with it . Let's hope he keeps the Glasses on full time now as Clark Kent from this episode on .

Even though it's cheesy , I still love how The Kents helped Clark develop the Mild Mannered disguise in the comics

MAN OF STEEL # 1

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][/FONT]

SUPERMAN: Birthright # 3

Very interesting description. Anything related to Darkseid's main arc is good for me.

I hope they don't portray Chloe as someone immune to Darkseid's darkness like Lois because that retcons the last 2 seasons. I can see Clark saving Oliver and Chloe from Desaad and his minions.

As for Lois suggesting a secret identity, I know it can't be the mild-mannered reporter because Homecoming already said that it was Clark's idea. They need to show us that it's his idea. I think Lois will suggest a prototype superhero identity
as that red shield jacket isn't enough.

Believe it or not, Clark has worn that red shield jacket 5 times in the first half of the season. 5 times meaning 5 episodes. :super:

The glasses thing was Clark's idea but so far they haven't said who's idea it was about Clark acting nerdy. Maybe Clark first tries the glasses and then Lois adds the nerdy aspect to it?

Nice episode discription. Sounds like it should be an interesting episode. The chloe/ollie some sound nice. Love that desaad is returning I really hope we get more from him and granny in the last 11 episodes. Also the lois/clark and secret id stuff should be good.

KAl-El 8, you know, the comics have lots of things in them.
Lots of things that you wouldn't want on Smallville.
Like this,
216_4_247.jpg

I like how Oliver is the only one freaked out at all.

There's also that Silver Age story where Superman built a machine to spank Lois Lane. I wish I was joking, but I'm not.
While that would be interesting to see on Smallville, I don't think it will happen. :)

Some of those old school comics where products of there time.

Some of those old school comics where products of there time.

Thanks, Captain Obvious! :)
But yeah, I know, but still, Kal-El 8 posts some stuff from comics, I'll counter post to prove the point that the comics are not always good and deserve to be replicated on Smallville.

I mean, Supergirl became an Angel, and God took the form of a 13 year old boy and hit her 2000 yards away with a baseball bat.
Do you want that on Smallville? :)

Or how about Blackest "Brains" Night?
Or Superman: Grounded? How about Superman at Earth's End? Where Superman shouts he is a MAN! and blows away twin clones of Hitler with some gun thingy.

I mean, I could post example after example of reasons why Smallville shouldn't borrow from the comics.

Superman used to kill People in the early Golden Age? Do you want that on Smallville? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"