10.14- Masquerade- Discussion(Spoilers)

For me I still don't have any issues with chloe. Since her return. And from what she said at the last scene. I can reallly see her leaving at the end of the episode. To rediscover herself and have a normal life. And all.

but with that said, then i dont understand why he didn't just do that to begin with.

He told Lois why

Clark: Your right Lois, I should be wearing a mask. Unfortunately, I've lived my entire life up until this point without needing one. That's why I've been so reluctant. I mean, this is the face that my parents raised. It's the face of the man that you love. And I don't want to deny who I am when I'm out there doing what I was born to do.

Lois: Then why bother with the jacket, Clark, the symbols?

Clark: When I'm out there in the red and blue, and I'm saving people, that's who I really am. And I know this is gonna sound weird, but it's not what I'm called that should define who I am. It's who I am that should define what I'm called. Clark Kent - it's...it's just a name. It's just a word. I am The Blur, and I've always has been.

Lois: Clark, you can't just whip out a new costume at work.

Clark: The Blur is not the disguise, Lois. Clark Kent will be the mask.

Lois: Okay. Okay, but the only way the glasses are ever going to work...

Clark: If I adjust my behavior when I use them. I know. The world needs to believe that Clark Kent is way too normal to be...

Lois: Super.

Clark: And even though we silenced Godfrey, we shutdown Granny's orphanage, and buried Desaad underneath Belle Reve, it's not the last time we've seen Darkseid. But I'll be ready...''(puts on glasses)''...hiding in plain sight.

Lois: So you're willing to dial back the hometown hero and crank up the Average Joe?

Clark: If that what it takes to be the hero the people need, yes, Miss Lane, I am.

Yeah, I think Chloe looking back at her yearbook stuff was their way of reminding us that she's been through a lot over the years, and in a way it was foreshadowing her departure.

Actuallylly it looked like Chloe was falling for Desaad's mind control before Clark saved her.

I already posted this on the previous page, but looks like you missed it!

Chloe resisted Desaad, and when he realized that he can't infect her he was gonna kill her! He said that she is useless to him now, and asked when was the last time she cried! He was gonna kill her when Clark saved her!

Chloe: ''Go to hell.'' (throws away the knife)

Desaad: ''No. It'll be here soon enough.

Sadly... You've grown just as useless as that knife.
Tell me, Chloe -- when's the last time you had a nice, hard cry?'' (Clark saves the day)

Ya that is how I feel about chloe leaving. She regrets wiping her past history. And that she has changed so much from early days in hs. She doesn't know who or what she isany more. And that is a tough thing to deal with. So she wants to find erself again. And get some normalacy back in her life. It plays with the whole theme of the episode of identity. Clark trying to discover how he can be clark and the blur, and oliver loosing his identity since going public and all.

As for chloe/desaad stuff. It was probably a mix of her being able to hold her own for a bit. But if clark didn't show up she might have been turned. And as we saw in the episode others are able to resist him too. Which is why they where killed.

He told Lois why

Clark: Your right Lois, I should be wearing a mask. Unfortunately, I've lived my entire life up until this point without needing one. That's why I've been so reluctant. I mean, this is the face that my parents raised. It's the face of the man that you love. And I don't want to deny who I am when I'm out there doing what I was born to do.

Lois: Then why bother with the jacket, Clark, the symbols?

Clark: When I'm out there in the red and blue, and I'm saving people, that's who I really am. And I know this is gonna sound weird, but it's not what I'm called that should define who I am. It's who I am that should define what I'm called. Clark Kent - it's...it's just a name. It's just a word. I am The Blur, and I've always has been.

Lois: Clark, you can't just whip out a new costume at work.

Clark: The Blur is not the disguise, Lois. Clark Kent will be the mask.

Lois: Okay. Okay, but the only way the glasses are ever going to work...

Clark: If I adjust my behavior when I use them. I know. The world needs to believe that Clark Kent is way too normal to be...

Lois: Super.

Clark: And even though we silenced Godfrey, we shutdown Granny's orphanage, and buried Desaad underneath Belle Reve, it's not the last time we've seen Darkseid. But I'll be ready...''(puts on glasses)''...hiding in plain sight.

Lois: So you're willing to dial back the hometown hero and crank up the Average Joe?

Clark: If that what it takes to be the hero the people need, yes, Miss Lane, I am.

yea but what you know what, i'll have to disagree with you here because clark has already been to the future. he knows exactly what disguise he's going to end up with. plus he's wanted to go into the light quite a few episodes ago. you had the vra subplot (which i didn't really care for too much), but i think he wanted to be in the light before the vra started to get going. i gotta say, i haven't really enjoyed a lot of the episodes, just bits and pieces from each one, so i don't really remember specifics. i used to watch and tape the episodes, and then right after i used to watch it again lol. but now it seems like there's so much filler within the episode, that there isn't even a lot of clark in it. especially since chloe's been back. ugh, i have to agree with mike in that i really dislike her character. if his mind was wiped right after homecoming, i could see them doing this episode the way they did, but he knew he was going to wear glasses as a disguise. lois from the future even mentioned how it was him who wanted to wear the glasses as a disguise. so why would it be such a groundbreaking novel idea in this episode?

Yeah, I think Chloe looking back at her yearbook stuff was their way of reminding us that she's been through a lot over the years, and in a way it was foreshadowing her departure.

This. It's the creators way of saying, "hey Chloe has been here since day one, when she's gone it should bother you."

But I feel like she's disappeared so much or gone off to do something else that when it comes time for her to leave, she better give a great goodbye or else it will leave me feeling empty about her.

Although I will say, tonight's episode would've been so much better if they just completely eliminated the whole Ollie/Chloe storyline. It served absolutely zero purpose other than giving Clark another damsel in distress.

It felt like that there wasn't enough in the original script and they added those long laborious scenes just to fill in time. It was the only thing that spoilt a very entertaining episode for me.
:hrt::super:

It felt like that there wasn't enough in the original script and they added those long laborious scenes just to fill in time. It was the only thing that spoilt a very entertaining episode for me.

Spot on. Barely anything happened with the main storyline, and it was quite evident with the inclusion of the Chloe/Oliver story.

This says it all right there. :super:

Spot on. Barely anything happened with the main storyline, and it was quite evident with the inclusion of the Chloe/Oliver story.
Judging from the screentimes, it makes you wonder: Which was the main storyline and who was really a part of it?

Judging from the screentimes, it makes you wonder: Which was the main storyline and who was really a part of it?

That's a very good point, something that's a negative in my opinion. The supposed "theme" of the episode was having dual identities, as Clark and Oliver both spoke on juggling their civilian life with their super hero life. But then you add in Desaad and the overall Darkseid story and it just starts to get a bit muddled. It's one thing if there was more a focus on Clark having a, 'Ah HA!" moment, after coming to the realization he needs to have a dual identity but that was mere side plot in the grand scheme of the episode.

I don't have any problem with Chloe like some have here... up until I went to these part of the boards and I found a member here who have an undeserved fanaticism for the character when it should be for Clark Kent aka Superman which the show is all about.

BTW did anyone notice this

Clark Kent : "It's not what I'm called that should define who I am. It's who I am that should define what I'm called." - Masquerade

Bruce Wayne : "It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me." - Batman Begins

I noticed that as well. THANKS ALOT!!! Now I want to go watch BB again. lol :woot:

It was a fun episode but im looking forward to next weeks.

was not too impressed with this episode. Fanboy-gasm for the glasses, and stuff about Clark and his identity. And it was nice to challenge Desaad.

everything else was pretty much tripe. I could really care less about the secondaries at this point in the game. The chloe oliver relationship is beginning to grind on me a little... mainly because I don't give a **** about them.

imo, another waste of an episode, excluding the disguise, Clark's a moron who doesn't hide his identity stuff.

I enjoyed this episode quite a bit. My favorite line was when Lois and Clark were in the barn and Lois says, “You can woosh your way out of this one. Here I’ll save you the trouble and super speed away Woosh!”

My main issues with the episode were: 1. them taking so long to get to the glasses. He already told Martha at the end of last week’s episode he was going to wear the glasses. Why did they wait till the end?

2. Oliver getting infected was obvious I wasn’t surprised when I saw the symbol at the end. He was even told “Your sin was always so obvious” Anger, Duh! My issue was why didn’t Clark or anyone check Oliver?

Ya the whoosh line was so classic..

indeed, all the Lois-Clark stuff this season has been beyond reproach... so why don't they give us more focus on that banter, and less on the Chloe/Oliver on a secret date mission? Sometimes I feel like SV is very much like the 'Superman's Buddy, Jimmy Olson' comic book... or the old StarWars Droids cartoon.... no one wants to watch or read about the secondaries. Give us the hardcore superman stuff... or movement towards that goal. Enough of watch R2 and 3PO run around, show me the f'n Jedi!

Oh totally really love there relationship and there banter is great too.

I really liked this episode. Although I hated the Mr and Mrs Smith stuff. so annoying. Last week it was matrix whats going on with them? But I really loved the lois and clark stuff so it won me over :) Cant wait to see him in the glasses from here on out and hopefully will get a little clumsier too ;)

I really get fans complaining about that stuff, but some I think think its something new. When sv has homage/ripped off other movies/shows before. I still didn't have much issue with it. Also it wasn't mr and ms smith. It as some think was date night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"