8.14 - Requiem - Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

The Incredible Hulk

Bad Hombre
Reaction score
Just posted on K-Site

http://www.kryptonsite.com/smallvillespoilers.htm

UPDATED 11/11/08: Title Posted. Please do not repost this on other websites without a link to KryptonSite.com.
- Tom Welling (Clark), Allison Mack (Chloe), and Justin Hartley (Oliver) are the only series regulars in this episode.
- This is Kristin Kreuk's final episode as Lana Lang. Sadly, those hoping for a Chloe & Lana "Delete" Smackdown Part 2 will be disappointed, as there is no such scene.
- One of the episode's villians is Winslow Schott, better known to comic book fans as "The Toyman."

req·ui·em (rkw-m, rkw-)
n.
1. Requiem Roman Catholic Church
a. A mass for a deceased person.
b. A musical composition for such a mass.
2. A hymn, composition, or service for the dead.

any guesses on who the requiem is for? Clark? Didnt Toyman factor into the World Without a Superman Storyline somehow?

Last edited:
Toyman? Nice...if it is done properly. I have faith in TPTB.

requiem.jpg

They better not kill MM. When was the last time he appeared by this episode? I wonder if he's in this episode? Thinking about it I don't think it would happen, Requiem wasn't out until August but the plans were there before san diego comic con when they unveiled Legion. Plus Geoff was in on them and he could have passed it along. I still don't think it will happen. It better not happen. *is worried*

requiem.jpg

They better not kill MM. When was the last time he appeared by this episode? I wonder if he's in this episode? Thinking about it I don't think it would happen, Requiem wasn't out until August but the plans were there before san diego comic con when they unveiled Legion. Plus Geoff was in on them and he could have passed it along. I still don't think it will happen. It better not happen. *is worried*

well we do know that
Jon Jonzz gets shot in 8.12 but I dont think he bites the big one
. I dont think Smallville could kill MM even if they wanted to.

Any chance Smallville could use the requiem for a dream/two towers song? Thats a fantastic trailer song...

[YT]vxfgUNSatkE[/YT]

Nice for Toyman to show up... still would like Metallo...

So Lois is gone for about 4 straight episodes?

Last edited:
It should be interesting how they handle Toyman, hope they do the character justice.

actually i m GLAD that there lois won't appear in all these lana arch episodes

because i don'tv want another love traingle angst

also last time i checked show is about CLARK not lois, not lana, not jimmy or chloe etc as far as clark is moving ahead in these episodes i have no problem in with Lois not appearing in 4 epiosodes

and they already moved clark-lois rleationships ahead so far they have feelings for eachother like it was showen in Instinct , commited and Bloodline and in Bride they will be very close in telling eachother that they are in love

and yes lana appearsn in 5 episodes but will be 3 episodes where her relationship with clark will be dealt with Bulletproof, power and requirem

she appears in Bride but mayabe last moment of episode and then Legions is all about clark batllening chloiac with Legion

sorry lois fans clana need closure without any third angle because in past there has alwas been third angle

like in season 6 it was Lex in seseaon 7 it was lana's obssesion for revenge this seseaon they need closure without any outside influence

i m quite sure Lois will be back in epi 15 then she will be there for reset of seseaon

Yea i guess we only get to see lois in bridge along with lana. As for this episode i hope they wrap lana up nicely and they redeem the character after all the years of the crap they have done to her. Also cool they are bringing in one of the verisons of Toyman i hope he does well, and i bet they will be adding him to Tess's injustice gang.

Any chance Smallville could use the requiem for a dream/two towers song? Thats a fantastic trailer song...

[YT]vxfgUNSatkE[/YT]
Heavens to freaking Betsy, I hope not. Love that song, great adaptation of the RFD theme, but that song has been beyond overused in film advertising... It really has become a joke.

i don't understand why lois fans are so upset it's not like she is gone from show forever she will be back in next episode have some patience for a while

that's why i don't like these "ship" wars

i wonder what hapenned to davis bloome after Bride

i think he is hiding somewhere since events of Bride will reveal his DD to everyone

yea i know if she and jimmy are
not hurt in bride like some rumors say could be happening, there is many ways they can say they are just off on assignment elsewhere like in prey.
And i figured already if erica is not missing any more episodes past these 6 in total she will then be in 16 episodes out of the 22 episode season. which is a good run for her this yr.

OMG!!!!!!! The Toyman Is Coming To Town !!!!!! This guys are making all the right moves so far.

250px-Toyman.PNG

Sounds extremely extremely promising.

Yea i know all these dc characters are great so far this season, i wonder who else we might see between 14-22.... and if this does well for the rest of the season i wonder what PS3 could have in store for a 9th yr.

LMAO u all should go to kryptonsite and read those people's reaction

i like lois as a character on the show and ED does good job However i think we all need little break from lois for a while because that way she won't be overused

this ain't lois and clark

and like i said when lois appear in epi 15 this will make her return more meaning frull for the show

people need to relax somnetime they go way overboard in these "ship" wars

Yea i know, and funny alot of folks over at ksite think with the title of the episode that lana is going to die or something. I think they are going a bit nuts there it will just be the end of a romantic clark and lana and they defining relationship as just good friends.

^^ well atleast they should be glad that clois is A relationship and clana is B relationship this seseaon unlike last seseaons

again as long as clark is not being his mopey self after lana returns i have no problem with lois not appearing because it is not lois or jimmy who makes clark proactive

it should be calrk himself who becomes proactive like he was in prey little brooding but still proactive

see problem with lois is she can get on peopl's nerve with her constant birkering that's why i say we need little break from lois and her constant bikerings because last thing i want show to be turn out another Lois and clark show

lois will be back soon and she will be clark's main love interest after lana's gone

The Toyman?? Well, that was certainly unexpected, but cool as hell.
I really gotta say, this season has been such an huge upgrade from previous seasons that it isn't even funny.
Finally Clark seems to be going in the right direction instead of whining and complaining about something every damn episode, which I honestly blame Gough and Millar for.
It's about damn time they realised that they're writing for the greatest superhero of all time, and not some whiny kid that doesn't want to be "different". A change of showrunners is exactly what smallville needed. Basically: A semi reboot, which it got, and all of the sudded the show gets better, the fans are pleased and the ratings are rising for every episode.
I'm glad smallville will be going out with a Bang.

Finally Clark seems to be going in the right direction instead of whining and complaining about something every damn episode, which I honestly blame Gough and Millar for.

I never saw the show as having a Clark that was whiny or complaining all the time.

Caring and introspective as a teen struggling with his desire to be normal while learning to cope with an additional element to his life that ordinary teens don't have to deal with, yes. But a whiny complainer? No.

b24 I think Lois fans have a right to be upset and don't need people telling us that we shouldn't be. We only get her for 13 episodes a season, and to hear that shes not going to be in 4 episodes in a row, after a hiatus no less, is disheartening. It doesn't really have to do with ships, rather people just being upset that she is basically disappeared and wondering if there will be a good explanation and whether she (and Jimmy) will even be brought up at all or if they will just be out of sight, out of mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"