80's cartoon that needs to be live action

musclesforsupes said:
Holy crap matthew mcconnty as lion-o?

Tea Leoni as Cheetara, Wesley Snipes as Panthro, David Carradine as Tigra, and Ed Harris as Mumm-Ra.

voltron-defenderoftheuniverse-01.jpg

And I dont mean crappy power rangers style either.

Its not an 80s cartoon but Speed Racer seriously should be made.

Too bad it wasn't done in the 1990s as Johnny Depp was perfect along with Nic Cage as Racer X, and directed by Michael Bey.

NHawk19 said:
voltron-defenderoftheuniverse-01.jpg

And I dont mean crappy power rangers style either.

this is what i was gonna say..... with cgi and a star wars feel...this will KICK A$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$:eek: :up:

karate kommandoes minus chuck norris of course

Rachel McAdams has said she would like to play Cheetara in a Thundercats movie, so I'm totally behind that idea.

DarthRekal said:
this is what i was gonna say..... with cgi and a star wars feel...this will KICK A$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
FOR THE FORTH TIME!!!

[FONT=arial,verdana,sans serif]Voltron: Defender of the Universe Live Action Movie[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,verdana,sans serif]Posted Wednesday, July 27 2005, by clint[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,verdana,sans serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Voltron: Defender of the Universe Live Action Movie[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Coming to a Movie Theater Near You in 2008[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Producer Mark Gordon ("The Day After Tomorrow") is developing a live action feature film based on the 1980s giant robot kids TV series and toy sensation.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The "Voltron" animated TV series debuted in 1984, about the same time as Hasbro's Transformers toy line, igniting a morphing robot phenomenon. It's interesting to note that this movie seems destined to come out at about the same time as [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Spielberg's Transformers movie[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]. This is not unexpected given Hollywood's proclivity for [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]releasing movies in pairs[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif].[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The story is currently being written, but it will apparently be based on the series about "five maverick explorer-pilots who must travel to the planet Arus to learn how to operate Voltron, a giant mechanical warrior formed by five smaller robots. The gargantuan robot is the last hope against the evil Drule Empire that has subjugated Earth and taken control of the universe."[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Mark Costa and Ford Oelman, of New Line Cinema, secured the rights from "Voltron" owner World Events, and eventually brought the project to Gordon, whose credits also include "Saving Private Ryan" and "Speed." Costa and Oelman will be Executive Producers, along with Pharrell Williams, who will score the film and produce the soundtrack.[/FONT]
[/FONT]
Voltron Live-Action Movie In The Works, New Animated Series

Posted by Sean on July 27th, 2005 at 10:42 am
Filed under: Movies
update_voltronmovie.jpg
We should have been expecting something like this. After all, when it rains in Hollywood, it pours. All the buzz surrounding the Michael Bay/Steven Spielberg production of the Transformers appears to have inspired other producers to line up 80’s cartoon licenses of their own. This week The Hollywood Reporter has learned that New Line Cinema acquired the rights to a Voltron feature film, with the project being produced by Mark Gordon (The Day After Tomorrow, Speed). A quick visit to the World Events Productions website (owners of Voltron) currently reveals no additional details about the film, however, apparently there is a new Voltron animated series on the way, most likely to be officially announced later this year. Kickstart Entertainment are the ones behind it, and they have a promo video of the new Voltron series up on their website now. It looks pretty cool actually. As for the live-action movie… well at least it won’t require as much CGI as the Transformers flick, but every Voltron episode followed the same damn formula. “Form blazing sword!” Why didn’t they ever just start with the blazing sword??

HERE ARE STILLS FROM THE NEW CARTOON:D
http://voltarchive.animation-web.com/newcartoon.htm

nc13.jpg
nc38.jpg

nc18.jpg
nc04.jpg

It was slated to air last fall...appears to have been pushed back or cancelled.

Ick, the animation on the sight looks abismal :( Poor Voltron. I wish American animation could at least be a fluid as some of the good anime

i'm tempted to say mr. T mysteries but theres NO WAY laurence tero[mr.t ]would go for that

ShadowBoxing said:
FOR THE FORTH TIME!!!

[FONT=arial,verdana,sans serif]Voltron: Defender of the Universe Live Action Movie[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,verdana,sans serif]Posted Wednesday, July 27 2005, by clint[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,verdana,sans serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Voltron: Defender of the Universe Live Action Movie[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Coming to a Movie Theater Near You in 2008[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Producer Mark Gordon ("The Day After Tomorrow") is developing a live action feature film based on the 1980s giant robot kids TV series and toy sensation.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The "Voltron" animated TV series debuted in 1984, about the same time as Hasbro's Transformers toy line, igniting a morphing robot phenomenon. It's interesting to note that this movie seems destined to come out at about the same time as [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Spielberg's Transformers movie[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]. This is not unexpected given Hollywood's proclivity for [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]releasing movies in pairs[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif].[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The story is currently being written, but it will apparently be based on the series about "five maverick explorer-pilots who must travel to the planet Arus to learn how to operate Voltron, a giant mechanical warrior formed by five smaller robots. The gargantuan robot is the last hope against the evil Drule Empire that has subjugated Earth and taken control of the universe."[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Mark Costa and Ford Oelman, of New Line Cinema, secured the rights from "Voltron" owner World Events, and eventually brought the project to Gordon, whose credits also include "Saving Private Ryan" and "Speed." Costa and Oelman will be Executive Producers, along with Pharrell Williams, who will score the film and produce the soundtrack.[/FONT]
[/FONT]
Voltron Live-Action Movie In The Works, New Animated Series

Posted by Sean on July 27th, 2005 at 10:42 am
Filed under: Movies
update_voltronmovie.jpg
We should have been expecting something like this. After all, when it rains in Hollywood, it pours. All the buzz surrounding the Michael Bay/Steven Spielberg production of the Transformers appears to have inspired other producers to line up 80’s cartoon licenses of their own. This week The Hollywood Reporter has learned that New Line Cinema acquired the rights to a Voltron feature film, with the project being produced by Mark Gordon (The Day After Tomorrow, Speed). A quick visit to the World Events Productions website (owners of Voltron) currently reveals no additional details about the film, however, apparently there is a new Voltron animated series on the way, most likely to be officially announced later this year. Kickstart Entertainment are the ones behind it, and they have a promo video of the new Voltron series up on their website now. It looks pretty cool actually. As for the live-action movie… well at least it won’t require as much CGI as the Transformers flick, but every Voltron episode followed the same damn formula. “Form blazing sword!” Why didn’t they ever just start with the blazing sword??

HERE ARE STILLS FROM THE NEW CARTOON:D
http://voltarchive.animation-web.com/newcartoon.htm

It was slated to air last fall...appears to have been pushed back or cancelled.

good look shadow i didnt know this:up:

^^ i do .... they were playing it on the big screen at some club that i go to every once in awhile. i spent more of my time watching it (w/o the sound of course) then i did talking with my friends.

Clobberin' time said:
BraveStarr.jpg

Eyes of the hawk, ears of the wolf, strength of the bear, speed of the puma and a side-kick with Whitesnake hair

Man I thought I was the only one on earth that remembered this?

You gotta love the internet.

I had the action figure... and the sticker book. :(

Ulysses, Ulysses, soaring through all the Galaxies,

In search of Earth, flying into the night...

V0089558.JPG

Star Blazers
Robotech
Superglobetrotters
The Jetsons
Speed Buggy
Grape Ape
Jabber Jaw
Space Ghost
Herculoids

Users who are viewing this thread

Back